General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I just made a new topic on the extended response at the back, lets go there for discussions on that.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I put in that jellies might represent fossils and because there are no jellies at the bottom layer, therefore there are no fossils found. I thought of writing down that the layer must've been where fossils don't form e.g. fast-flowing rivers but I couldn't be bothered. I regret that now :haha:
Same, I wrote an analogy for the question concerning the jelly and stated the model represents the theory of superposition. I stated that the layer of jelly (rock) did not contain any lollies (fossils) because there were no organisms during that period since it was the oldest (at the bottom) . E.g. No fossils were found in the oldest layer of rock because organisms did not date back to that time.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
easy but in the extended response i wrote disadvantages mainly for environmental impacts of alternative energy. though impacts can be good or bad. so i don't think i did too bad.

was it meant to be in essay format? because i did mine in dot point. crap.

also i stuffed up the question on the smallest unit of an element, i put electrons and i think its atom.

any help?
I think dot point is fine. You won't lose marks on that probably but markers prefer an essay-like structure so it would have put them in a better mood. But don't worry.

I put electrons as the smallest unit as well. I doubt it's atom although it could be.

Entity

HSC
I put 6 V.
Im extremley sure it was 6. I remember that question clear as day. The power was to the Negative and to the 20, and it showed 6 cause they went up at .5 intervals...

Mudkip94

HSC
What was the answer to the last 7 mark extended response?
Was it the impact of fossil fuels or renewable energy sources?
I got confused =/
I put they don't release CO2, CO, S or other air pollutants so they don't affect global warming or acid rain. The solar panels are small and can be installed on homes (don't need power plant). Also solar and wind are renewable.

For disadvantages; nuclear accidents kill lots of dudes, wind is expensive and requires lots of space and only work when there's wind, solar is expensive and only work when the sun is out.

Entity

HSC
For the response i wrote about cost and taking materials out of the ground etc. Think thats good enough for a good mark?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
wind is expensive and requires lots of space and only work when there's wind, solar is expensive and only work when the sun is out.
I'm not sure this entirely relates to the question as it asked for environmental, not economic or financial impact..... I'm probably wrong though so don't get stressed.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
What was the answer for Q6, the mobile phones transmission one? o__O

I'm having conflicting answers with Official.

sfer

HSC
For the response i wrote about cost and taking materials out of the ground etc. Think thats good enough for a good mark?
Cost isn't really an environmental factor, though.

Entity

HSC
Uhh if i remember correctly it was Electromagnetic, cause light meant visible light.

mizz_a

HSC
N/A
I think dot point is fine. You won't lose marks on that probably but markers prefer an essay-like structure so it would have put them in a better mood. But don't worry.

I put electrons as the smallest unit as well. I doubt it's atom although it could be.
That was like a trick question, mann. I was thinking electron but I ended up putting atom.

Mudkip94

HSC
What about the one with the iron strip and corrosion? Which one made sure it was only water? I put 3 and 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)