HSC
Uni Grad
haha your darkworlf corey and i have done ys before :p

so yeh you can always ask us

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hmm

i like the whole, red foil over the lights making it have pink light at night on the main walkway. looks nicer at night. =]

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Yeah it looks really nice. And for anyone wondering, it's for breast cancer...thing.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
not very prominent but held in this sticky thread. Some improvements to the introduction may be in order too, say a content page etc

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=174627
I like it.... Though after skimming through it, you're unaware of certain things/places/facilities. As a YS last year, we were given a folder on basically all locations on campus (including COFA) and services/facilities. The problem is though is that stuff at UNSW changes a fair bit year to year (building names change, you used to get ID cards from E-Spot but now FM Assist, et etc). To be honest, I admire what you've written but its kinda pointless as most people learn all these things anyway in their first year or so and on top of that, there is too much info out there for most students to care about.

Still, if you have any questions. Just post them up and one of us will probably rush to give you a comprehensive and thorough answer.

Who is this guide meant for, btw? I skimmed through it then again and noticed it's like you've written a sort of personal review for everything at uni?

Last edited:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
tallkid34 said:
I like it.... Though after skimming through it, you're unaware of certain things/places/facilities. As a YS last year, we were given a folder on basically all locations on campus (including COFA) and services/facilities. The problem is though is that stuff at UNSW changes a fair bit year to year (building names change, you used to get ID cards from E-Spot but now FM Assist, et etc). To be honest, I admire what you've written but its kinda pointless as most people learn all these things anyway in their first year or so and on top of that, there is too much info out there for most students to care about.

Still, if you have any questions. Just post them up and one of us will probably rush to give you a comprehensive and thorough answer.

Who is this guide meant for, btw? I skimmed through it then again and noticed it's like you've written a sort of personal review for everything at uni?
I was pretty bewildered at my first time in uni, so I wrote this manual for anyone who was going to go through the same. Recently though I pretty much figured just as you've said, people find out through experience.

More or less the manual was a labour of love. I like helping people, except sometimes I could channel my energies into better and more useful things :p

The manual does seem to be a little overcrowded now...theres an idea for improvement

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
lol i was itching to...but I couldn't come up with some good ideas to put down on the app form

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Application form?? Hahahaha, I just wrote some crap on it... Just about everyone who wrote a serious response on the form made it to the next stage. I just think of them as contact detail sheets that indicate who's interested... They pick the YS's from the interview round... That's the decision-maker.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
corey is right. the second time doing it. i just pretty much put my name down and got chosen again. but again it was awesome doing it a second time

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
What do you guys do apart from running around showing off the campus and running info stands?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
We're basically the work bitches of oweek. We plan various activities (each YS squad is assigned an activity for oweek beforehand), set them up, operate them and then pack them away. We do group tours, timetable tours, talk to first years (we refer to it as FAFY - Find A First Year), give general directions to people walking past and operate the info desks. We're also helping out at each night event throughout the week. That's basically all the shit we do in a nutshell. It's quite intense to be honest as we start at 7am and basically finish up late at night every day.

Still, YS is one of those things you have to do to really appreciate how good it is and why our oweek is the best one around in australia.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Why was the masturbation thread locked? It was causing so many lulz

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: general UNSW chit-chat

Does the 891/895 cater during mid-session breaks/public holidays/weekends?

darkwolfzx said:
It got off-topic?
Created unnecessary attention?

EDIT:

Remember to check your Guide for uni students stickied thread.
I will post updates in the form of edits to avoid unecessary extra posts unless the update is significant.

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
the same guy turned up at the same spot today, around 2pm

flatmates tried to get a photo of him but he fucked off fairly fast

how fucking retarded can you get to turn up to the same spot :\

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
LOLz and your flat mates actually went back to the same guy for the guy to jack off again? :p

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: general UNSW chit-chat

Forbidden. said:
Does the 891/895 cater during mid-session breaks/public holidays/weekends?

It got off-topic?
Created unnecessary attention?

EDIT:

Remember to check your Guide for uni students stickied thread.
I will post updates in the form of edits to avoid unecessary extra posts unless the update is significant.
point taken mate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)