general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: general UNSW chit-chat

Hey guys! Is it better to hand in the essay on time, but under the word limit OR to hand it in late, but incurring a penalty of 5 marks each day it's late (I'm sure that includes weekends). I think I might've answered my own question, but opinions would be nice. :(:(

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC

karoooh said:
Hey guys! Is it better to hand in the essay on time, but under the word limit OR to hand it in late, but incurring a penalty of 5 marks each day it's late (I'm sure that includes weekends). I think I might've answered my own question, but opinions would be nice. :(:(
Do you believe you can gain more than 5 marks per day by doing a better job on it?

karoooh

HSC

Usually, I'd say yes, but with this particular essay, I'm not so certain. I've gotten to the point where I've given up... The essay's at 2050, without mass editing, intro and conclusion, so hopefully, after I've done all that, it'll be near the 2500 mark. They won't really notice that I'm just outside the lee-way limit! I hope. :(

Thanks for the reply though. :)

Beege

HSC
Is is true you will not get penalised if your essay is 10% under the word limit? Say if my essay was 2300 words but it says 2500 words on the assignment sheet will I lose marks?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I really don't think they're particularly anal about it, the word limit is just meant to give you a general idea of how much would be written in a good response. With that said, you're better off writing 2,300 words of quality than 2,500 words of bullshit.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Dumsum said:
I really don't think they're particularly anal about it, the word limit is just meant to give you a general idea of how much would be written in a good response. With that said, you're better off writing 2,300 words of quality than 2,500 words of bullshit.
unless you do LEGT2721, where Kerry is strict about the wordlimit.

karoooh

HSC
Beege said:
Is is true you will not get penalised if your essay is 10% under the word limit? Say if my essay was 2300 words but it says 2500 words on the assignment sheet will I lose marks?
I'm pretty sure the 10% leeway is standard policy... What course is it? Most, if not all, Arts courses allow it and it's been that way with all my courses so far.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
So today I had one of the longest wait for the 895 bus (the one from UNSW to to Central Station). @#$%! I was there at around 1:20pm and the bus didn't arrived until almost 2:00pm...it was so fucking annoying :vcross:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i LOL at the queue.

and also its because buses from eddy ave dont stop until about 2 so chances are likely that there would be little buses from unsw to central station

karoooh

HSC
Hey all you Science or Science/Arts kids out there!

I have 24 remaining units left over for the Science degree and I don't know what to do with them. What do you recommend? Nothing too difficult now! :eek: I was thinking Statistics, cos I'm majoring in Psych, but... Ew. :eek: I have 12 remaining courses for 1st year Science subjects by the way, so start recommending! :)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
Hey all you Science or Science/Arts kids out there!

I have 24 remaining units left over for the Science degree and I don't know what to do with them. What do you recommend? Nothing too difficult now! :eek: I was thinking Statistics, cos I'm majoring in Psych, but... Ew. :eek: I have 12 remaining courses for 1st year Science subjects by the way, so start recommending! :)
do physics ;)

karoooh

HSC
ZOMG I so totally should!!!!!!! :p

Edit: Has anyone done Geology?

And a Politics and Int. Ralations OR Economics major for Arts? Both isn't an option.

Last edited:

Beege

HSC
Final exam timetables are out! Ewww randwick racecourse for both exams.

Pace_T

HSC
hey guys do we have to fill out the course and teaching evaluations. i keep getting reminders in my unimail.. thanks

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Don't get how that's funny.

You're dissing the state you live in. nice. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)