• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

elfm

HSC
the australian born asians at unsw generally aren't any different from the aussies. the fobs are the annoying ones. i don't even know why they bother coming all the way here (and paying through the roof) just to sit amongst their social groups and talk in lectures. and it's always in cantonese/mando which makes it even more annoying because it all sounds like gobble coming out of their mouths... atleast with english you could listen in if you were bored or had already lost concentration because of their chatter.

elfm

HSC
i absolutely loved usyd for the short while that i was there (bridging course)... it was always sunny and cheerful... and the buildings made you want to come to uni just to marvel at its beauty. however, i much prefer the people (minus the fobs) over here at unsw, and in particular, my course.

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
You liar, you have no such ability. Stop being a liar you big jerky lying liar. I look foward to your law bouncers, so myself and fellow non-law students can simply tread on them and be on our way into this new building.
if i'm a liar, then why would i get a staff email? it's only because i represent my peers amongst the faculty that i get emails like this..

PS. love your uni pics =]

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Meh. I like the UNSW atmosphere. Mainly cause I'm not one of the hippie people and admit I am a nerd. I don't think I would find people at Sydney that interested me. And UTS just has way too many curries. Trust me, too many curries are way more annoying than too many asains, because at least the fob asians don't try to be hardcore gangster.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
elfm said:
i absolutely loved usyd for the short while that i was there (bridging course)... it was always sunny and cheerful... and the buildings made you want to come to uni just to marvel at its beauty. however, i much prefer the people (minus the fobs) over here at unsw, and in particular, my course.
From my brief visits to USyd whilst visiting RPA over a series of weeks (I explored the place), I took a look at the buildings on the Camperdown campus, and indeed many of them were nice. I took a look at the area, and indeed it was nice. I then took a look at many of the buildings on the North side of Camperdown, and the Darlington campus, and I wanted to go home and cry. They're ugly, not as ugly as the applied science building, but ugly none the less. Per capita, we have a lot more good looking buildings then they do. John Niland deserves a medal or something.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Politik, I dunno. Only ever seen 1 curry male in a leather jacket. What kind of places do you visit? Gay bars on oxford street?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
lol great comeback. Are they internationals? Maybe their south indians/pakis/banglas.

elfm

HSC
i think banglas and sri lankans look similar (darker skin?), but with indians and pakis i think i can tell them apart... assuming that their respective cricket teams represent what their nation's people generally look like.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Yeh they do look similar. It's hard to tell them apart. Usually you can tell north indians apart, as they are usually fairer skinned and bigger.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Hey bitch, I'm south Indian. How can you group us with Paki's and Bengalis? We are totally different. I am sure you don't know a lot of south Indian people if you think we are similar in attitude.

P.S: When I mean south India, I mean the very tip of the sub-continent.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao, ^Agrees with Mednez!

Lol, when my mum brought me to the Sydney Uni open day it was so funny. We walked in a few steps, and saw like the side of the building (almost like above piccy), then my mum was like...wait, I think this is some cathedral, let me check my map.

XD I was half convinced as well, till like we started seeing alot of people walk into the cathedral-like building, then we were like ahh ok. This is syd uni.

Anyways, I'd rather go to a uni that actually puts the money spent into upgrading the uni itself or building more structures. No offence to Syd Uni and it's students ><

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
brogan77 said:
lol per capita

woteva treva
Don't make me find that website, son. I was looking at it yesterday. Apart from that small collection of sandstone buildings in Camperdown, that campus looks like a hellhole. Our university dedicated a large amount of resources towards upgrading our campus, and by golly it worked. Before that whole Rory Hume affair, guess which university in Sydney was ranked above USyd? That's right, we win!

Like i've said before, Asians > Lefties.
I'm hurt.

Anyways, I'd rather go to a uni that actually puts the money spent into upgrading the uni itself or building more structures. No offence to Syd Uni and it's students ><
Unfortunately, the University of Sydney gets a lot more money from the government to spend on research. As a result, it has a much easier time promoting itself as a better university, as it's much more well known for research. John Niland did a great thing by putting all that money into making the campus better, but once the North Mall development zone is completed, UNSW has gotta follow USyd's footsteps and put its money into research. Only then will we once again, rise above that sandstone congregation on City Road.

elfm

HSC
brogan77 said:
Nah, I didn't get the sarcasm, didn't get it at all.

Fuck u UNSW kids fire up easily.
your mother fires up easily LOL

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Aw don't worry about him folks, he's jealous of the wonderfully attractive buildings that UNSW offers, over the buildings located at his campus in Redfern, or wherever that 20 minute walk leads them to every day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)