general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Nah, we couldn't.
Of course we could. Don't you remember when I suggested to some person, that they look into attending UNSW for its education courses over the University of Sydney? Boy oh boy, did you USyd'ers not take that well. Are you really all that concerned about becoming inferior to UNSW...again?

Or catch a bus on city road to town hall.
Why would you? It's a lovely area to walk around in.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
brogan77 said:
Nah, we couldn't.
Well, we probably fired up because we didn't want some poor kid to be mislead by devious UNSWer promoting their clearly inferior education courses, just for the sake of furthering their petty rivalry with big brother sydney.

I'm not concerned with anything, if, by some miraculous occurence, UNSW were ever to become better than Sydney, i would be long gone.

Umm, cos it's easier and cheaper for me to do so.
I'm not in any position to compare the education courses between the universities, but from first hand experience, I do know that many people believe that the University of Sydney has a better education program, all because it has its own faculty. Is there any poorer way to judge a universities courses?

Also,

http://www.australian-universities.com/rankings/

That may be of interest to you, good sir. It's quite clear that for a while there, UNSW was ranked as a better university then our dilapidated brother in the slums of Sydney. I blame the Rory Hume scandal for falling back, it's only a matter of time before UNSW excels up and away from your institution of choice.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I thought, if I put something that shall antagonise this chap, he'll come back. The Cronshaw theory of coming back has been proven.

Now go back to your beloved university.

EDIT: I made this post, before I saw what bubz has written.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Anyway, what secret areas have you guys found in UNSW? There is this pretty cool place underneath the geoscience building containing all these ventilation systems and stuff. Pretty cool.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
There's a geoscience building?

I thought I was pretty ultra radical when I found that grassy area out behind the Samuels building.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Geology / bioscience, whatever building is in front of the Med lawn.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Hey, in Tharunka, when they mentioned that the south west corner of campus was a crime hotspot, did they mean next to McDonalds, or further out behind NIDA?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well since anzac pde was mentioned in there im guessing it wont be out the back of NIDA

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Is the library open today until midnight? (public holiday)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Damnit man, 99.9% of the conversation here has been about the various landmarks on campus, or people mistaking other people for garbage bins on campus. We're unable to amuse ourselves, we need a catalyst.

Perhaps we can bring Moonlight Sonata along, and we can all play a game of decrypt the post.

gman03

HSC
What else can we talk about in this "general chit-chat" thread?

I can think of plenty that are inappropriate in so many ways

Lundy's hot? (for example, since I never saw her in my life, and probably never will after that comment)

Criticising landmark of unsw seems more appropriate this way, or we can wait more newbies coming in and ask "Hi I want to do Med/Law/Commerce because I am going to have an UAI of 100000000, now without saying please tell me all the scholarships I can have... Oh btw tell me why Usyd is better and why UNSW sucks" etc...

And crap I have to pay student fees next semester... UNSW Sport Associateion, here I come!

P.S. There are plenty of brothels on campus, is just that the one from Faculty of Engineering seems to be packed all the time.... and the one from Commerce is always closed on friday... eek... my 5 hours break

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Criticising landmark of unsw seems more appropriate this way, or we can wait more newbies coming in and ask "Hi I want to do Med/Law/Commerce because I am going to have an UAI of 100000000, now without saying please tell me all the scholarships I can have... Oh btw tell me why Usyd is better and why UNSW sucks" etc...
Ah I cannot wait to have all these newbs coming along asking questions. I feel so cool when someone says "Hey there. Do you know the way to Clancy Auditorium, I'm here for a graduation and I can't read a map!", the ecstacy I shall feel at telling people answers to their questions cannot be beat. Maybe it can...who knows.

Oh btw tell me why Usyd is better and why UNSW sucks
It wasn't too sucky back in 2004 when it was ranked two places higher then USyd on the world scale. Two!

Also, can someone explain to me the appeal of commerce/accounting/anything else financial. Seems like a giant bore to me.

gman03

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
"Hey there. Do you know the way to Clancy Auditorium, I'm here for a graduation and I can't read a map!"
This is way better than "where is CLB?" "duh where you have been sleeping for the past 3 years!!"

Nebuchanezzar said:
It wasn't too sucky back in 2004 when it was ranked two places higher then USyd on the world scale. Two!
I don't really care how UNSW goes compare to others, for as long as my prospective employers don't care as well, otherwise I am doomed!

Nebuchanezzar said:
Also, can someone explain to me the appeal of commerce/accounting/anything else financial. Seems like a giant bore to me.
Some people just like quick cash... and lots of them

I mean, what can a guy do Electrical Engineering earns? certain much less than a million!

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
im doing commerce and ive regretted making that decision everday of this semester. if accountants arent the cause of the apocalypse, then God help us, literally. its the old asian mentality of getting a good job and providing for your family.

at usyd open day last year they convinced me NOT to do a course i wanted to do there. go figure that one out.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Change to science, everyone loves science. If there's one thing that the world needs its more biological anatomical anthropologists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)