general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Just out of curiousity, where are you hoping to go with your current program? It is pretty broad, so I'm guessing you'll be going for generalist grad positions? although you do have some heavy quant stuff thrown in there...

haha, Business Economics is a mad bludge, some Economics courses also double as arts ones...lol...you seem to be pretty content with what you're doing, so I guess you made the right choice.
I only really have one goal at the moment and that is simply to work overseas in Asia somewhere.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lol, some promises are worth breaking...still, you can be an honourary commerce student.

there's nothing worse than being mistaken for an Engineering student( no offense)
hahaha i don't mind. i take pride in studying engineering.

SFinspired

HSC
I've been asking myself that since the start of this year (well, start of uni anyway).
1)My parents are traditional Chinese parents- they want me to study something that they thought would get me into a career and make lots of $$$
I completely agree. Traditional Asian parents look for stability in their family. And studying business/engineering provides that. It is much more stable field than most Arts degrees. I am Asian myself, and I am thankful my parents didn't have to force me to study Business. (not that I hate it).

Well I'll guess I will see you around next semester MooshyMoosh!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
@casmira: 18"?? more like 25" =P (ok fine maybe not that size...but close to it...)

@tallkid: i didnt do too much for my birthday, but being tipsy right now makes it hard to type fluently -___-

Uncle

Banned
HSC
This week's Blitz issue (S2.W2) has some good history about UNSW's days of lulz back in the 60's to 70's, involving Biology students holding a Taronga zoo crocodile at ransom, kidnapping the chancellor, etc.

Or you can read this for the full gist of it:
University of New South Wales - UNSW Home - Foundation Day Exhibition

Not much drama nowadays.

*sigh*

Anything is better than just plain arts.
hahaha i don't mind. i take pride in studying engineering.

:p

One of my friends mechanics tut, 60 guys and 1 girl
loltypical

Am I the only one having troubles logging into zmail?
Using Internet Explorer 7, took only a few seconds to log in for me.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Just for a short while, it was nice that commerce was mainly being discussed as opposed to the level of engineering/computer science concepts that are usually present in this thread.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
missing the first few lectures shouldnt matter that much, normally they only go thru introductory and admin shizz, which you can look up yourself in the course outline, but there will be some work done, and it depends on what lectures they were, if its a hard subject then its essential to master the basic concepts before the course starts to get kinda insane.

Go thru lecture notes (if they exist on vista), look thru tute stuff, and ask a random dude or lecturer/tutor in ur lecture/tute what happened last lecture/tute.

HSC
oh dear, i have only been to two tuts and one and a half lectures since S2 started :eek:

HSC
I won't deny it. My commerce degree is bludgy.

Business eco is basically 'do any additional eco courses you want' so I compensate for it with my financial eco major (consisting of courses like business forecasting, financial econometrics and eco of finance). Financial eco is essentially advanced econometric modelling with a little bit of finance.

I don't do accounting for personal reasons (i.e. my dad did com (acct/fins) at unsw as pwc cadet and is a CA), and I have no intention of following the exact same fucking path he did. As with how Mooshymoosh was 'forced' to do bus at UWS, I was kinda 'influenced' into commerce at UNSW.

Which I complied with but at the same time, I opted to focus in economics instead.
of course business degrees are generally bullshit. why else do you think we are pretty much the only degree where marks matter?

if you manage to graduate an engineering degree (esp something hard like electrical) they don't care so much as your marks, the mere fact that you graduated is an accomplishment.. my bro did electrical engineering at uts, he was in his room a LOT studying lol.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Thanks! Kinda made me feel less guilty! hahaha
no worries :)

also, anyone know when the Academic Census date is, ie. last day to discontinue without financial AND academic penalty?
I know that monday 31st august is the last day to discontinue without financial penalty, what about the last day to discontinue without academic penalty? Thats usually about 2 weeks before the financial census date, but i cant find it in the arc student diary or on the my.unsw key dates 09 calendar.

Maybe something to do with 13 week semester... but there should still be a last day to discontinue without academic penalty.

Vylen

HSC
no worries :)

also, anyone know when the Academic Census date is, ie. last day to discontinue without financial AND academic penalty?
I know that monday 31st august is the last day to discontinue without financial penalty, what about the last day to discontinue without academic penalty? Thats usually about 2 weeks before the financial census date, but i cant find it in the arc student diary or on the my.unsw key dates 09 calendar.

Maybe something to do with 13 week semester... but there should still be a last day to discontinue without academic penalty.
August 31st

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/resources/KeyDates.html

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
thats the academic and financial census date for T2A courses, but only the financial census date for T2, or so i thought...

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Was just at the UNSW library, level 7, walked pass the bookshelfs and saw this stunning girl sitting on the floor with her low cut jeans... basically I could see a good part of her butt crack :headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)