• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
I was just looking at some picture of UNSW at Uni the other day, and man, the campus just looks nice as, absolutely kills Monash in the looks department.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Speaking of lifts, what's level 11 and 12 and 13 in the library?

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
Speaking of lifts, what's level 11 and 12 and 13 in the library?
Level 11 is a staff level. I know this because the insane library lifts decided to take me and a couple of others up to level 11 one day instead of level 10, for no apparent reason. And then we couldn't take the stairs to level 10 because they were blocked off by a locked door. Fabulous.

RDX said:
I was just looking at some picture of UNSW at Uni the other day, and man, the campus just looks nice as, absolutely kills Monash in the looks department
A friend from Sydney uni said the same thing when she came to UNSW's open day this year. I was amazed; she said she much prefers our campus layout to the "wide-open grassy plains of USyd". (Perhaps she's agoraphobic.)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
and im sure that your single opinion will definitely convince all others of their initial perception

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Level 11 is a staff level. I know this because the insane library lifts decided to take me and a couple of others up to level 11 one day instead of level 10, for no apparent reason. And then we couldn't take the stairs to level 10 because they were blocked off by a locked door. Fabulous.

A friend from Sydney uni said the same thing when she came to UNSW's open day this year. I was amazed; she said she much prefers our campus layout to the "wide-open grassy plains of USyd". (Perhaps she's agoraphobic.)
One of the main reasons I chose unsw was aesthetics.

HSC
"RESEARCH PAPER DUE FRIDAY 2ND OCTOBER (or Tuesday 6th October)"

ORRRRR??

Interpwet pwease

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
how much off the original mark?
According to the course guide, "1% per day off your final mark in the course"

So like, 7% off my final mark in the course :eek:

Edit: keeping in mind that I don't care so long as I pass (by which I mean pass conceded, 45). Coming to the end of my 4th year here, I'm lacking motivation to the extreme, particularly with my arts subjects.

Last edited:

SFinspired

HSC
According to the course guide, "1% per day off your final mark in the course"

So like, 7% off my final mark in the course :eek:

Edit: keeping in mind that I don't care so long as I pass (by which I mean pass conceded, 45). Coming to the end of my 4th year here, I'm lacking motivation to the extreme, particularly with my arts subjects.
Hmm.. Does performance of assignments in 4th year generally matter more or less compared that of 1st year? (Arts subjects like International Relations for example). Like are they more crucial in first year?

Because I just received back my marked take home test worth 35%. And I failed.
yes - on a TAKE HOME TEST. oh em gee wtf. You have no idea how that crushed me so bad.

like you said, all is needed is a P to get your $70,000 degree. LOL.

Last edited:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Hmm.. Does performance of assignments in 4th year generally matter more or less compared that of 1st year? (Arts subjects like International Relations for example). Like are they more crucial in first year?

Because I just received back my marked take home test worth 35%. And I failed.
yes - on a TAKE HOME TEST. oh em gee wtf. You have no idea how that crushed me so bad.

like you said, all is needed is a P to get your $70,000 degree. LOL.
Well, technically, I suppose it would matter the same, like, the WAM you get with your biannual results report is weighted solely according to uoc, and has nothing to do with year. Some faculties, for the purposes of honours entry etc, calculate an average with higher weighting to later years, but I'm fairly sure arts doesn't even do this. The reason I don't give a shit is because my honours will be in science (maths), which is all that I'm here for really; but once I pass 84 uoc in arts I get an arts degree -as well-. What a bargain.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
yeah engineering weighting is 10,20,30,40 for 1,2,3,4th year respectively

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Just got back from CSE revue (I'm doing tech).

Fucking exhausted. But then again, same thing every day all week.

Come along!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)