general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Curry said:
What the hell. That building is like so much worse than the applied science building.
Naaaaaah

At least the UTS tower is a tiny bit humble about how hideous it is. The Applied Science building just goes all out.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Naaaaaah

At least the UTS tower is a tiny bit humble about how hideous it is. The Applied Science building just goes all out.
I agree- the Applied Science building straight on like that is hideous. It's ok from select angles.

I also don't mind the UTS tower, looks fine (since it's always been there, I guess it's just a being used to it thing)

Weeee exam tomorrow

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
one thing thats good about unsw - the buildings are all really bright inside. usyd is kinda dark, but who cares about lighting when the buildings are 200 years old or something like that. uts is also really dark inside, but its the depressing sort of dim lighting.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
I just checked my exam timetable and it says the exam location is at ANZAC. I don't know where this is :confused:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
^ I think it could mean one of the rooms in the squarehouse; I really have no idea though.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
better to find out sooner rather than later
you dont wanna turn up to an exam looking around for your room

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
ANZAC room is a nice small exam room upstairs, as mentioned. There are signs all over that area so I don't see how anyone could miss it.

Speaking of this architecture issue, I recall the dean of architecture (or something) from USyd commenting that he believes our unimall and scientia are amongst the best buildings and spaces in Sydney. Can't disagree with that idea. The money that they invested into that sure as hell was worth it.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Naaaaaah

The Applied Science building just goes all out.
Hey, the Applied Science building has nice views of the city skyline and racecourse!!

Crappy phone picture attached.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Library and Mathews have better views, and they don't look like a lump of orange fecal matter. I'm guessing that any old Joe can't go up the top, which begs the question of why were you up there?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
politik said:
The Library obviously has a better view - but the windows have 40 years of dust on them, so the view is a little restricted.
The views from the library are very similar, and almost identical. My photo doesn't show the entire view.

I also found out that Unisearch used to be a bowling alley - how cool!

Kensington Bowl:

Clancy in the 70s:

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I reckon it looks barren and desolate, just like the rest of UNSW was back then. Here's a picture I found in a book at the library. I saw it, felt it was pretty cool and took it home to scan it for no particular reason...

elfm

HSC
politik said:
The Library obviously has a better view - but the windows have 40 years of dust on them, so the view is a little restricted.
i hope you'll be pleasantly surprised next time you go to the library.

btw, how's everyones exams been so far... in the 1 day that it's been going..?

i just had maths yesterday... eww, crappy test compared to previous years, but the test could've been much worse. meh, a pass is a pass :p

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Chemistry is on Monday. I don't look foward to it.

i hope you'll be pleasantly surprised next time you go to the library.
THEY CLEANED THE WINDOWS!? HOLY SHIT! I saw some guy absailing down from the top the other day, but I had no idea what the hell he was doing. Could he have been a cleaner? I certainly hope so.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Yes, the Library windows have been cleaned. I noticed how clear the views were a few weeks ago. And only early this week (I saw a team of about 10 cleaners) trekking inside the library - their shirts advertised them as window cleaners!

elfm

HSC
yea i was sitting in the library the other day and noticed 2 guys that totally did not look like uni students... yep they were the windows cleaners, still randomly hanging around uni after already taking like 2 weeks to clean the windows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)