general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
That better damn well not happen.
I agree privatisation of a lot of things will occur, but I doubt Universities will. Too tied in with the government (eg HECS). They get too much money to make up the difference in HECS->full fee to want to go private, they'd not have any money.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Random Pictures by me

I do remind you that they were taken with a pretty old film based camera, and the film was scanned onto the computer with a pretty cheap and dirty scanner.

gman03

HSC
What would happen if it starts snowing on the day of your exam? Will they cancel the exam due to extreme condition?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
And your old avatar was somewhat better than your new one politik.

Damnit, what am I doing? Back to study.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
And why would one say that on a Saturday?

I'm guessing it's that way because it was empty, and no doubt Politik would throw a bashing remark in about the Asian population of the uni being severely reduced on a weekend.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Nah, the library is a symbol of UNSW, if they changed it even remotely (aside from the stage 1 part [ie: the 4 story section]), it would completely spoil our number one landmark.

But hey, I wouldn't bash the architecture if they didn't have such horrendous buildings on campus. What the hell were they thinking when they gave the go ahead to the Applied Science Building? It's hideous from any angle, in any light, there's no excuse for allowing that thing to be built.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lol the lifts in the library are totally haywire :p I seriously had to wait 8 minutes and 56 seconds for the lift to come down to lvl 2 [And I even started the stop watch probably after a minute or so of waiting]

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
Lol the lifts in the library are totally haywire :p I seriously had to wait 8 minutes and 56 seconds for the lift to come down to lvl 2 [And I even started the stop watch probably after a minute or so of waiting]
Ahaha, wouldn't you have taken the stairs after like 5 or 6 minutes?

J0n

N/A
HSC
But as soon as you go to take the stairs, the lift comes.

What's wrong with the people who catch the lift to a consecutive floor (e.g. level 2 to 3)? Surely it's much quicker to take the single flight of stairs instead of waiting several minutes to get into a packed lift.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I never use the lifts in the library, even when I'm going up to level 6, which is my study area and such. It's a good workout, walking from Keith Burrows, up the ramp to the scientia, up the scientia steps, under the library, up past Mathews, in the library, then up all those stairs until i get to a seat.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I will, I shall never conform to those lifts.

-----

I just became everything I've always hated.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'd hate to bring up the subject of the Applied Science Building again (it's turning into another trains type thing), but meh. It pains me to say it, but the analytical center, and this stage, looks like absolute crap from anywhere except directly opposite it on the mall. The vertical metal grooves look uneven, and cheap. Law building is good though, but it has its own topic.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I love that newspaper. Everyone who writes in is either:

a) a simpleton
b) a John Howard voter who has no idea why they vote for John Howard
c) a selfish, pregnant woman.

It's so terrible, low brow and written to appeal to the lowest rung of society (the Howard fans) that I simply have to laugh at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)