general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yes, they're always full. There's 40,000 students who go to UNSW. It's unreasonable to believe that the fraction of parking spaces available wouldn't be used up. Once more, expect to park a fair bit away from the uni if you're going to get there after 8am.

Really, why are you driving there anyway? Too good for public transport?

joolee

HSC
boyfriends the one whos driving. there's no way i'd go uni at 8:30am. just hope by the time we get there someone leaves.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
joolee said:
boyfriends the one whos driving. there's no way i'd go uni at 8:30am. just hope by the time we get there someone leaves.
good luck
i just park in my friend's friend's apartment car park everytime i drove to uni, but before that i had to settle for 1/2 hr parking zones, and after the lecture finishes, i ha to quickly move the car or else i would get booked
heaps of cars get booked during the day, so its best to stay on your guard if you wanna avoid parking fines

gman03

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Really, why are you driving there anyway? Too good for public transport?
I would definitely drive if I finish the day by 9pm.... by the time i catch 895 i'll have to wait at central for 45 min to catch my train which takes another 40 mins to get back home... heck !!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
That's an outlandish situation which I daresay not a lot of people would run into. But really, traffic sucks. Trains, despite what the alarmist media report (both herland and terror), don't really get delayed too often and don't get stuck in traffic. And you'll see and meet a lot of interesting people! I once sat with this woman on the train who was telling me all about falling over at Woolies and her compo claim, her kids, everything! Trains are 1337!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Just curious, but are there any buses that pass near campus and go all the way up to town hall or wynyard?

Raginsheep

HSC
Riviet said:
Just curious, but are there any buses that pass near campus and go all the way up to town hall or wynyard?
Yes there are. You can catch them from the bus stops closest to NIDA on Anzac Parade.

wyho

HSC
N/A
no, the parking building inside uni is always full, and the road separating unsw and maccers is always full as well , right from the front to up-the-hill , lucky if u find one lol

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Whenever I needed to go to Town Hall, I got off at Museum bus stop and walked. Took about 10 minutes to walk there...nice scenery too.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Whenever I needed to go to Town Hall, I got off at Museum bus stop and walked. Took about 10 minutes to walk there...nice scenery too.
Should have done the stop after (Cnr of Elizabeth and Bathurst) ... 'tis closer :p

HSC
day avenue is pretty forgiving, all the way down too the end, 10min walk but who cares, good excersise

joolee

HSC
yep it's good exercise. would still have to walk 15min to the station if i took the train anyway. i need to lose some weight gained from the holidays.

wyho

HSC
N/A
the govt should set the uni students with free travel passes like the high school students pfft..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)