general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I need some help.......

I've got the choice of General Education subjects:

1) "History of Mathematics" GENS2005

2) "Are we Alone in the universe? The Search for life Elsewhere" GENS4014

Or alternatively i can do both :) (Im still enrolled in Eng/Sci which allows 27UOC per semester)

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
i wouldn't bother overloading, unless you're behind in your program

to me, the history maths would be far more interesting than simply speculating about the fairly remote possibility of extra-terrestrial intelligence

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i'd vote for the universe one, although i havent done either

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
History of Maths is high-school level mathematics, just how ancient cultures did it. It's interesting, but extremely easy.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
History of Maths is high-school level mathematics, just how ancient cultures did it. It's interesting, but extremely easy.
High HD easy (95+) ?

Also what is the assessment structure like?

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
I need some help.......

I've got the choice of General Education subjects:

1) "History of Mathematics" GENS2005

2) "Are we Alone in the universe? The Search for life Elsewhere" GENS4014

Or alternatively i can do both :) (Im still enrolled in Eng/Sci which allows 27UOC per semester)
How come you still have gen eds for a double?

A2

HSC
heeey=]
i was wondering what week zero is
and if we start going to uni in this week?
or do we actually start on the 9th?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
They didn't ask when, they asked what.

tbh I'm kind of confused as well :s

Luckily I found this:

"Semester 1 2008 commences on Monday 2 March. In addition to scheduled classes that commence on Monday 9 March and run in Weeks 1 to 12, Kensington and COFA students are expected to attend University in Week Zero, from Monday to Friday 2-6 March.

A range of academic orientation and preparation activities is held in this week including the myStart program for commencing students and the reStart program for continuing students. These programs provide valuable assistance in building academic and personal life skills for use at University and beyond. The University strongly recommends you attend all relevant activities."

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
A range of academic orientation and preparation activities is held in this week including the myStart program for commencing students and the reStart program for continuing students. These programs provide valuable assistance in building academic and personal life skills for use at University and beyond. The University strongly recommends you attend all relevant activities."
Uhh, no.....

What is this, high school? Academic/life skills come from the individual. No amount of programs is really gonna make a difference to the average student.

University is nothing more than a transaction of a few years and a HECS debt for a degree.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
i wouldn't bother overloading, unless you're behind in your program

to me, the history maths would be far more interesting than simply speculating about the fairly remote possibility of extra-terrestrial intelligence

How could I not realise these wonderful gen-ed courses exist?
Then I wouldn't need to do a double degree.
Like ol' Omium.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I have been wondering for some time whether a unsw bos gathering would be feasible, ie who would come, say hi and wander around the uni. Obviously I hope to arrange this gathering sometime during o-week, at the unibar or perhaps at a stand on the unimall, at a predetermind time. Any thoughts?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I have been wondering for some time whether a unsw bos gathering would be feasible, ie who would come, say hi and wander around the uni. Obviously I hope to arrange this gathering sometime during o-week, at the unibar or perhaps at a stand on the unimall, at a predetermind time. Any thoughts?
It'll fail. Besides, I know half of/met you guys anyway. Including you, sean.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
at best what I have in mind is announcing that I'll be dropping by politiks stand during o-week on tuesday/wednesday at 1pm, and whoever comes at the same time comes. We say hi, exchange some words and move along.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)