general UNSW chit-chat (5 Viewers)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Pretty good actually.

I'm currently studying some quantum mechanics stuff, im trying to get a few weeks ahead in every subject as i have 3 midsessions first week back from the break...

How about you ?
Ah, that's what I do too.
But because we have this good ol' midsession break I'm putting it off a little.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Pretty good actually.

I'm currently studying some quantum mechanics stuff, im trying to get a few weeks ahead in every subject as i have 3 midsessions first week back from the break...

How about you ?
3 mid sesh when u come back! shiiiit!

im tryna learn everything we've done in thermo so far, and will continue on mechanics, and will start marketing ass.

atm im basically doin 2 full courses and 1 gen-ed, so its like part time + a gen ed, after successfully passing this semester, i'll be doing three 6-uoc courses next sem, then will think about doing part time instead of full time study for next year, like my friend is doing.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
oh my self-reminder!
gotta cover torsion, bending stress, shearing stress, slope and deflections in mechanics of solids not to mention those nasty labs then in engineering maths its partial differentiation, extreme values and vector field theory.
my oh my!

plus i have received orders in engineering design 2!:

hey guys, dont want to leave the report to the last minute.
I can do the preliminary layout and speed reductions, and ill also get the number of teeth the sprockets have and the size of the pulleys. [member 2] said hell be happy to write up the body of the report, and [uncle] said he can get the roller bearings.
So if [member 2 is] happy to do the belt drive and [uncle] does the chain drive, we should be set.
When youre done put your work up and Ill design the guards for them and get the lubrication system.
When ive finished ill compile the whole lot and hand it in.
Ill have the prelim working out up soon
chain drive.
ok lets go.

3 mid sesh when u come back! shiiiit!

im tryna learn everything we've done in thermo so far, and will continue on mechanics, and will start marketing ass.

atm im basically doin 2 full courses and 1 gen-ed, so its like part time + a gen ed, after successfully passing this semester, i'll be doing three 6-uoc courses next sem, then will think about doing part time instead of full time study for next year, like my friend is doing.
This is why I take linguistics.
There is an ambiguity in that phrase as marked in bold.
heheh.
btw.
for mech eng you need only 2 geneds, couldnt you have just done another gen ed at the same time, or someone stole your gened of choice or you want to underload?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i was doing aviation behind the scenes, but it was really boring and i wanted to spend more time on my core courses since theyre really hard.

HSC
i was doing aviation behind the scenes, but it was really boring and i wanted to spend more time on my core courses since theyre really hard.

Seriously bro, you need to get off this forum. It sounds like you're doing some hardcore courses at uni and it's painfully obvious that you aren't too bright.

Are you related to a Nimrod Dawson by any chance? I felt like I had to step in and tell you how things are by playing the father figure, since your parents aren't doing a damn thing to help you.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Chances of School Offices being open tomorrow so I can hand an assignment in?

... I'm guessing the day before Easter long weekend was the worst possible day to miss handing in an assignment on time >_<

Edit: 3%/day penalty = min 15% penalty :-\

Last edited:

wendus

krawr.
HSC
daaaamn dumsum you're so last minute :(
i'm guessing it's probs closed.....

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Chances of School Offices being open tomorrow so I can hand an assignment in?

... I'm guessing the day before Easter long weekend was the worst possible day to miss handing in an assignment on time >_<

Edit: 3%/day penalty = min 15% penalty :-\
Well you can always claim you submitted it on saturday ?

Just send an email to the lecturer and ask him if he got your assessment yet.

karoooh

HSC
Don't you have to submit it online as well? I mean, as long as you submitted it online before handing in the hard copy, you could always say the office screwed up and stamped the wrong date or something.

oliverbedon89

HSC
N/A
Completing the ELISE tutorial and achieving a pass in the quiz is mandatory for new undergraduate students and should be done by the end of week 5 (9 April 2009). ELISE can be accessed from the Library web page at UNSW Library Home or My eLearning at My eLearning Vista: Institution Listing
Shite! Forgot to do ELISE! It says on the email that we can't enrol to semester 2 if we don't do this...wtf?...

LordPc

HSC
Shite! Forgot to do ELISE! It says on the email that we can't enrol to semester 2 if we don't do this...wtf?...
lol, relax I do recall someone on this forum claiming to have not done elise, and they are well past 1st year

so just do it now. you dont need to read through everything to pass, but might take you a 2nd or 3rd try at the quiz to get above the 90% required.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
not many of my relatives are graduates...and its funny that all of them including me are doing or have done business

08er

HSC
lol, relax I do recall someone on this forum claiming to have not done elise, and they are well past 1st year

so just do it now. you dont need to read through everything to pass, but might take you a 2nd or 3rd try at the quiz to get above the 90% required.
you only need above 80% to pass. its a easy quiz, just start it and research the questions. it took me 8 minutes to get 90% on first try

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i googled my answers and got 100% in similar time. go internetzz~~

Uncle

Banned
HSC
goodness i returned my library book on time.
but when we return i believe we will be slugged with a tsunami of tests.

i googled my answers and got 100% in similar time. go internetzz~~

i wasted several minutes on my life on ELISE.
ELISE wasnt worth the time.
not ... worth ... it.

so like, i forgot i have an auntie in pakistan who's done masters, and got PhD, in physix.

hello HD in thermodynamics :D
nice.
ill be doing that next year...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
goodness i returned my library book on time.
but when we return i believe we will be slugged with a tsunami of tests.

i wasted several minutes on my life on ELISE.
ELISE wasnt worth the time.
not ... worth ... it.

nice.
ill be doing that next year...
Yeah..

got 2 exams after 3 days of work. 8+ hours on each day.
16-24 on fri
10-20 on Sat
6-16 on Sun

Huzzah.

karoooh

HSC
Sean/Anyone doing a double degree with Science:

You know how you have about 192 units to complete, and at least 84 of them is for you Science degree? Well, with your your left over units i.e. After your Science major you have about 24UoC left or more to complete, what courses have you chosen?

I don't know what to do and I was hoping not to do any more Science-based courses and just fart-arse around with the easy ones (Philosophy), especially because I was hoping to use up these units if I go on exchange, but I don't think I'm able to (for Science/Arts anyway). Halp. :(

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Sean/Anyone doing a double degree with Science:

You know how you have about 192 units to complete, and at least 84 of them is for you Science degree? Well, with your your left over units i.e. After your Science major you have about 24UoC left or more to complete, what courses have you chosen?

I don't know what to do and I was hoping not to do any more Science-based courses and just fart-arse around with the easy ones (Philosophy), especially because I was hoping to use up these units if I go on exchange, but I don't think I'm able to (for Science/Arts anyway). Halp. :(
Do something you find interesting.

I will be doing some civil engineering mechanics.

Do some easy first year subjects such as "Intro to xyz"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)