general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
shit, i should be more careful when i go to the toilet and leave my laptop on the desk.
The problem was he left his laptop nearby his friend, who should have been watching. The dude who nicked it just stepped up smoothly and removed the laptop without anyone raising their heads.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Latest Media Releases - NSW Police Force

Hopefully it was the dude who nicked my friends laptop
One part of me would like to shoot the thief.
One part of me wants to laugh at the deserved loss of the laptops due to negligence.
I'm paranoid or I'm just alert all the time.

When do people usually start studying for finals?
Week 0, what, you learn nothing throughout the whole semester?

now would be a good time to start, but I usually try to get all outstanding assignments out of the way first. I can't stand the thought of outstanding assignments while studying...
Kill them all.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i'm on the verge of giving up with myunsw

why the fuck would you make clashes with recommended subjects

Vylen

HSC
i'm on the verge of giving up with myunsw

why the fuck would you make clashes with recommended subjects
Computational Algorithms 101:

The university timetabling/scheduling problem is NP-Hard meaning its highly time and resource intensive. With hundreds, if not thousands, of classes and only a finite amount of hours, there's no easy way to make considerations for every single person. Although there are some algorithms out there that attempt to solve the problem, from what i know, they just find a "good" solution but not necessarily the "best".

And that'll be the end of the lesson folks.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
was stalking darkwolfzx today on the bus from central, i was 2 seats behind u and i think u looked at me, be in less of a rush next time, lol.

Colourist

HSC
When do people usually start studying for finals?
NOW.

Then again, I say that every time :haha:
and end up officially 'studying' durign the STUVAC.
But I'm goooodddd and I make sure I've done all my homework beforehand.

Last sem was an exception though... grrr.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
the other day in my game theory lecture, my message ring tone went off. and it was playing a nice soft melody.. i had to say opps to break the awkward tension in the lecture room. and most people laughed. almost FML

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
the other day in my game theory lecture, my message ring tone went off. and it was playing a nice soft melody.. i had to say opps to break the awkward tension in the lecture room. and most people laughed. almost FML
hahah. :p

That isn't that bad. I once received a message and my msg ringtone "Sorairo Days" from tengen toppa gurren lagann started playing. And it was loud.. so EVERYONE heard it. ==

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
hahah. :p

That isn't that bad. I once received a message and my msg ringtone "Sorairo Days" from tengen toppa gurren lagann started playing. And it was loud.. so EVERYONE heard it. ==
I was in my intro econometrics lecture and my phone went off twice, playing my phoenix wright: ace attorney 'cornered' theme (its that music in the game when you're in the courtroom and you're just about to nail the crime on someone)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
What's game theory like?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
game theory is actually really interesting. its just that for some people it may be too much theory.

however i would recommend it =)

btw there is some retard who always asks retarded questions.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
What's game theory like?
It's very interesting, involves statistics and even psychology.

I think a prime example is if you have 3 clowns set up with balloons on top their head.

A B C

Say clown A has a 70% chance of hitting, B a 40% chance, C 25%.

Now, at the exact same time, the clown has to choose which balloon to pop and eliminate the other clown.

Game theory brings this down to psychology, B and C will BOTH aim for A as with any game - you try to get rid of the biggest threat first. Or, maybe A B C will conduct different strategies?

Pretty much like that - I read it in a book called "Archimedes Revenge" - have a go, pretty simple but cool book.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
It's very interesting, involves statistics and even psychology.

I think a prime example is if you have 3 clowns set up with balloons on top their head.

A B C

Say clown A has a 70% chance of hitting, B a 40% chance, C 25%.

Now, at the exact same time, the clown has to choose which balloon to pop and eliminate the other clown.

Game theory brings this down to psychology, B and C will BOTH aim for A as with any game - you try to get rid of the biggest threat first. Or, maybe A B C will conduct different strategies?

Pretty much like that - I read it in a book called "Archimedes Revenge" - have a go, pretty simple but cool book.
I think he meant the subject. All comm students would have already touched on game theory in econ.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I think he meant the subject. All comm students would have already touched on game theory in econ.
Yeah.... That's what I meant. Still tommykins, thats an interesting way of putting it.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
micro1 had a very basic game theory introduction, afaik it was only the prisoner's dilemma. In micro2 there's a little more depth (graphically representing cournot and bertrand equilibriums or something), but econ2114 the actual game theory class is pertty awesome tbh.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
rofl i wrote 2114, realised it wasn't right, googled it and found out it was 2112 and yet i still typed 2114 :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)