General UTS chit-chat (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: The UTS 'Get Naked, Secks then Study' Thread

lol @ sydney uni, never interested me really. it's always good to hear the other side once in a while on bos haha many of the major posters are all usyd folk who beg to differ.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Omg. I leave BOS for a day and 2 pages are posted on the secks thread lolol.

Sorry for being partially-inactive for the last couple of days, I'm studying for my finals too =)

And.. I'm about 20 minutes away from turning 21 =p.

HSC

happy bday huratio! what are you doing to celebrate or are you celebrating after exams?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Thanks!
Nah, I'm celebrating after.. no one wants to get wasted with me in the middle of the exam period.

(I don't promote/condone binge drinking)

HSC

haha the mod has got to lead by example lol ofcourse you don't condone/promote binge drinking.

krayzie_

HSC

Thanks Malfoy!

Isn't the final open book? You can bring in notes or something? Is there a limit on how much you can bring in?

/eedit Happy Birthday Huratio

HSC

krayzie_ said:
Thanks Malfoy!

Isn't the final open book? You can bring in notes or something? Is there a limit on how much you can bring in?

/eedit Happy Birthday Huratio
as much as you like but two things to keep in mind

1) Time isn't unlimited lol it's a 2 hr exam so having tonnes of notes cluttering your table is a really bad idea and there's little time to look through stuff 90% of info you should have a pretty good idea of before going in.

2) You've got to be able to fit everything in your bag!

-pari-

HSC
N/A

samuraitor said:
really struggling with MPO. So damn packed with theories and years. How hard is the final exam?

There are lot of chapters where they just tell some basic stuff that is not supported by any theories like mentoring...

Probably need 14-17 marks and seal the pass mark.
i heard u need to pass the exam to pass the subject? irrespective of how many marks you need?
:(

i only need like 8....
reading MPO is so dense. i've been trying since 12am..

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

Oh is it your bday? Happy Birthday Huratio! Our birthdays are very close to each other lol! Like...a few days :p

BowDown2

HSC
N/A

-pari- said:
i heard u need to pass the exam to pass the subject? irrespective of how many marks you need?
:(

i only need like 8....
reading MPO is so dense. i've been trying since 12am..
surely you can get 8 marks through just educated guessing...even without study...BUT...U SHOULD AIM HIGH! So study up!

HSC

^it's supposed to be a must pass final, so you have to pass the final regardless of the overall mark, you get what they call an x grade if that's the case ie: failed a compulsory component of the subject and hence have to repeat the subject again.

-pari-

HSC
N/A

*gasp* i think i'm going to die. 20/40 is such a dismal thing to be aiming for (not to mention 8/20) but i dont know if i can even manage that. [pathetic i know. especially given its the one subject we spent all semester bagging out]

depends how hard the exam is i guess...

HSC

when i did the final i found it to be very weird, as if they got the mcq's out of some random external source and used them as ours. It wasn't really testing what we learned and out of the lot of first year subs barring acct 2 i hated this final exam the most for that reason.

We had a final rev lecture hence assumed that'd be the focus but they asked random mcq's which was pretty stupid. Though i did this ages ago- heard you have a new lecturer so the exam may be different in it's style(many lecturers use the same final exam paper every sem or with slight alterations hence why they never give practice ones for most subjects).

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
Re: The UTS 'Get Naked, Secks, Study, Exams, then Secks Again' Thread

Malfoy said:
Not looking forward to MPO, at all... will have to do it Autumn 2009 along with all the other subjects I've put off. :/

Ok, in the last lecture, Mel said that one doesn't need to pass the exam in order to pass the whole crap subject! So should be quite easy to grab 8 marks.

Just finished the exam and it wasn't that bad considering that I gave up studying in middle of the night.

I am not sure of one question, I think its nr 5. Is it power over technology or power over uncertainty?

Really wanna pass.

Waiting till AUT 09 would be a good idea as Mel told in the first lecture than the subject would be going through some changes over the coming semester.
Getting rid of the 40 % applied management paper would be terrific!

HSC

Re: MPO becoming more bearable haha will be the luck of the draw what they decide to do with it, also it not being a must pass final that's one good change to the subject as it was when i did it.

-pari-

HSC
N/A

:) it was actually not that bad. a lot of the stuff i knew i'd seen during my 12 hr cram from midnight, but couldn't recall, so technically it was 'easy' if u'd studied, and so-so for me.

think i definately got my 8marks :p or god forbid. coz it'd be the most painful subject to have to repeat.

p.s: Malfoy: i think you did LMR this sem? would u have an e-copy of the subject outline by any chance? or where i could grab a copy? i'd like a look over it before next sem.... :eek:

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Thanks krayzie and jase =)

Yey.. i got an email from BoS too lol:

Hello Huratio, We at Bored of Studies would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

spence

HSC

samuraitor said:
Ok, in the last lecture, Mel said that one doesn't need to pass the exam in order to pass the whole crap subject! So should be quite easy to grab 8 marks.

Just finished the exam and it wasn't that bad considering that I gave up studying in middle of the night.

I am not sure of one question, I think its nr 5. Is it power over technology or power over uncertainty?

Really wanna pass.

Waiting till AUT 09 would be a good idea as Mel told in the first lecture than the subject would be going through some changes over the coming semester.
Getting rid of the 40 % applied management paper would be terrific!
I think the answer to that was the uncertainty one, but I'm not totally sure. It was quite funny that as soon as an hour was over, like three quarters of people put up their hands to go. I did hardly any study, pretty much just this morning, I finished the paper in about 15 or 20 minutes

-pari-

HSC
N/A

thanks heaps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)