Getting rid of belly fat (1 Viewer)

koolkid59

HSC
Hey experts out there!

Im a busy person with full time work and part time study. I want to lose belly fat. How can i do this with minimum exercise? What exercises are required to perform weekly to achieve my goal?

Thanks in advance.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Eat lots of junk food (in small portions), don't get more than 7 hours sleep, don't exercise and watch your weight plummet.

Well, that's what I do anyway.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
What does intermittent fasting involve?
Suggest a weekly routine plz.

Will 30 mins of cardio 3 times a week (because of my busy lifestyle) be enough to chisel down my belly?
Any thoughts?
Be sure to take all this info with a grain of salt as different things work for different people. Perhaps go with the traditional method of eating more vegetables and fruits and even walking one hour per day, you will see results. But don't lose weight quickly, lose it gradually over say 6 months to 1 year because the quicker you lose it, the quicker you can gain it plus more if you eventually omit your routine for random purposes.

As for the belly fat, sit ups, but accompany it with cardio or else you'll develop muscles but they wont show and will be hidden in the belly fat.

StateRank

HSC
Download myfitnesspal and count how much calories you are taking in a day. They will give you an ideal calorie count for the amount of weight you want to lose, taking into consideration your current stats.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Hey experts out there!

Im a busy person with full time work and part time study. I want to lose belly fat. How can i do this with minimum exercise? What exercises are required to perform weekly to achieve my goal?

Thanks in advance.
As if the thread title wasn't enough with the bullchit suggestion of area targeted fat reduction
then you drop this fukkin line
and you claim to be male

Come back when you lose this chit attitude and want to fulfil your responsibilities as a human being
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training... what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."-Socrates

You disgust me

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
What does intermittent fasting involve?
only eat between noon and 8 pm. Do not eat outside of this time window.

For better results, one day a week only eat dinner

also dont eat any sugar

Will 30 mins of cardio 3 times a week (because of my busy lifestyle) be enough to chisel down my belly?
Any thoughts?
not cardio, high intensity interval training

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ultimate-8-week-hiit-for-fat-burning-program.html

it will take less than 30 mins

use the leftover time to do pushups, squats and pullups

Anna Wintour

HSC
N/A
as someone who does about 45 mins of cardio to and from work i can verify it isnt really enough to lose weight unless you severely modify your diet

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
as someone who does about 45 mins of cardio to and from work i can verify it isnt really enough to lose weight unless you severely modify your diet
As someone who used to do about 3 hours of heavy physical exercise a week (almost HIIT level) back a few years ago, if your diet doesn't change you won't lose a thing.

koolkid59

HSC
HIIT sounds effective.
What does the routine involve on a weekly basis?
For diet, do i just stop eating maccas and sugary products like chocolate etc.?

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
i do about 30-45 mins daily..of like intense bike riding. we have a stationary bike so i put the gear to the second highest and also adjusted the resistance on the back wheel (its made up of my dads mountain bike and a stand that we bought so you can turn any normal bike into a stationary bike) so now its pretty hard to pedal and i just ride for like 30-35 minutes straight..pedalling pretty fast. and i also do things like sit ups, lunges, squats and stuff in the morning before school. its fun >:) and my diets improved heaps as well. i eat waaaay less sugary junk crap like biscuits and chocolates. i drink more water and eat better food. I've noticed a bit of a difference already and I've done this for about 2-3 weeks.
i used to be a swimmer when i was younger in like primary school and part of year 7....then my lifestyle became very sedentary and i discovered the food in our rip-off canteen and gained a bit of weight >.> its taken like 3 years for me to actually make up and stick to an exercise routine. T_T

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
HIIT sounds effective.
What does the routine involve on a weekly basis?
3 days a week, follow the program in the article i linked 9near the bottom of the article)

if you want to do running, for instance, to start with you do 15 seconds sprinting, followed by 60 seconds slow jogging, and repeat this pattern 11 times, taking you around 15 minutes in total

as explained in the article, every few weeks you sprint for longer and run for less time, until they're the same, and then after this you sprint longer than rest

can also be done with bike etc.

Frostbitten

HSC
You can't target certain fat deposits in your body, it doesn't work like that.

All you have to do is change your diet around so you are taking in less calories than you expel, ideally about 500 calories less. Use myfitnesspal to calculate and count your calorie consumption, it's probably the best and most convenient way of doing it all. You'll also need scales to weigh out food.

The whole idea of weight loss revolves around diet, not exercise. Exercise burns calories and allows you to eat more, but you can lose weight by barely working out. However exercise is very good health wise, so it's a worthy investment of your time.

Keep in mind that you should have a balanced diet of wholesome foods to ensure you get all the required nutrients and vitamins, you only want calories to be the variable here.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
god, i just did HIIT on my bike. it was great. so tiring, but i feel great now.
it's true, you cant spot reduce, you will lose from all over your body. diet is very very important because even if you cut down on food, but still eat quite a bit of junk just less of it, it may not help you to lose weight. you gotta eat good food and allow for occasional junk snacks.
so since I'm trying to lose some fat all over my body, I've been really controlling my diet and it seems to be working a bit even tho its only been about 3 weeks since i properly started and stuck with my routine. the only thing that is scaring me right now is that on thursday I'm going to go out to lunch with my friends to pancakes on the rocks and i was just looking at the menu now and first of all, servings look huge and its not the healthiest food you can find and second its pretty expensive D: what do i do? i don't want to eat that much pancake! its gonna put everything I've done to waste!!!

buriza

conviction
HSC
god, i just did HIIT on my bike. it was great. so tiring, but i feel great now.
it's true, you cant spot reduce, you will lose from all over your body. diet is very very important because even if you cut down on food, but still eat quite a bit of junk just less of it, it may not help you to lose weight. you gotta eat good food and allow for occasional junk snacks.
so since I'm trying to lose some fat all over my body, I've been really controlling my diet and it seems to be working a bit even tho its only been about 3 weeks since i properly started and stuck with my routine. the only thing that is scaring me right now is that on thursday I'm going to go out to lunch with my friends to pancakes on the rocks and i was just looking at the menu now and first of all, servings look huge and its not the healthiest food you can find and second its pretty expensive D: what do i do? i don't want to eat that much pancake! its gonna put everything I've done to waste!!!
from what I can see of the servings it is only two pancakes

and either way you could exercise afterwards if you really do feel guilty about it

or perhaps just not eat the pancakes - there are other choices on the menu I believe

xGhanem

HSC
Just make sure you eat less calories than your body burns. Doesn't even need exercise to lose weight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)