Getting to know you (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
clairegirl said:
how big are those tv's on display in the SnV department? You know the ones where the brands are unheard of Magnavox and Oshiba n them? They're biggg

Cyan! 116cm WOW!! i still have my 34cm tv that i got on my 12th birthday lol
i think they're 51cm..and the next size up is 68 cm..

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Supra said:
u rex... i always thought the one in our kitchen was 58cm ... hmm mayb it is 68

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Supra said:
51, then 68. Spot on. 51's are just good for me to carry, 68's are big, heavy bastards.

clairegirl said:
I know we've got 51cm ones... i keep hearing them on the loudspeaker "customer's we've got a special for you today 51cm tv going at a low low price of 230 dollars, yes thats right customers 51cm tv going at a low low price of 230 dollars, box not included" lol
$230 for a 51cm tv?! That's way too much unless it's a decent brand... esp for one without a box... I assume it'd be display stock?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Skittled said:
51, then 68. Spot on. 51's are just good for me to carry, 68's are big, heavy bastards.

$230 for a 51cm tv?! That's way too much unless it's a decent brand... esp for one without a box... I assume it'd be display stock?

yeah its display stock

230 for a 51cm tv is cheappp (to me it is, flat screen 51cm tv.. i'de buy it!).. i think thats how much they were selling it... Nick wanna confirm this? I don't work on the floor, i work upstairs in an office by myself where my only friend is Kmart radio and whatever is said on the loud speaker :(

its not a decent brand, n e thing from kmart is like Magnavox, we do have sony n stuff but the cheap crap stuff

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
oh how i miss Kmart radio...u know that shit is played right through the night...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Supra said:
oh how i miss Kmart radio...u know that shit is played right through the night...
wow on replay?

lol

kmart..... blahhh

btw you CAN get 58cm tv's... 68 isn't the next step up.... I googled it (LOL yes i know im sad but procrastination is getting the better of me) But Nick's right, not sure whether they sell them at kmart though... kmart's pretty standard when it comes to SnV range

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
clairegirl said:
yeah its display stock... 230 for a 51cm tv is cheappp (to me it is, flat screen 51cm tv.. i'de buy it!).. <snip>
its not a decent brand, n e thing from kmart is like Magnavox, we do have sony n stuff but the cheap crap stuff
Check out Dick Smith next time you're looking for a TV. Typically they've got cheaper 51cm tvs than that... at the very least they've got flat screens for about that price, when they've just come out, and are brand new in their boxes. DSE branded, but since working there for 2 years, there're generally no problems with them; a few techies have come in and told me they're good TVs, nt just in not having problems, but in their construction. Admittedly the worst I've seen with them is when the couriers drop them. Not pretty.

Take a look:
51cm Flat Screen, $199
51cm Curved screen, $169

clairegirl said:
btw you CAN get 58cm tv's... 68 isn't the next step up.... I googled it...
Wow.. fair enough.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Skittled said:
Check out Dick Smith next time you're looking for a TV. Typically they've got cheaper 51cm tvs than that... at the very least they've got flat screens for about that price, when they've just come out, and are brand new in their boxes. DSE branded, but since working there for 2 years, there're generally no problems with them; a few techies have come in and told me they're good TVs, nt just in not having problems, but in their construction. Admittedly the worst I've seen with them is when the couriers drop them. Not pretty.

Take a look:
51cm Flat Screen, $199
51cm Curved screen, $169

Wow.. fair enough.
Hrrm I probably should update.... i've got an 8 year old 38cm or was it 34cm tv atm :\

The Nick

McBain
HSC
Yay tv's!

Kmart usually sells the 51cm Magnavox for around 199, it goes down further for the sales we have usually once every month.

tvs are pretty much 17cm > 34 cm > 51cm > 66 Pure Flat > 68cm

Recently we received a 72cm LCD and 80 (or 81) cm Plasma

$1699 and $2499 respectively. The LCD has better resolution though.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I think I win.

I have a sony TV, about 34cm which I got off eBay for $20! Perfect working order - I've had it over a year :D

And I cant believe Kmart music is played throughout the night... They could have an all-night disco!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, all those mannequins and toys! *head explodes*

*pats his 100 watt guitar amp and computah*

those entertain me *nods* and occassionally outside i go watch on the 142cm rear projection :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
I think I win.

I have a sony TV, about 34cm which I got off eBay for $20! Perfect working order - I've had it over a year :D

And I cant believe Kmart music is played throughout the night... They could have an all-night disco!
lmao@ mj

Nickkie imagine Chris, debbie n reg n all them having an all night disco at kmart ... they cud turn the lights on n off and ring the alarm door for effects.

Tell me how the xmas party goes k?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Why don't you buy a Computer TV-TUNER for ~$100

That way you can browse BoS and watch your favourtire shows at the same time. And you can always record your favourite shows (although it is illegal) :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
bscienceboi said:
Why don't you buy a Computer TV-TUNER for ~$100

That way you can browse BoS and watch your favourtire shows at the same time. And you can always record your favourite shows (although it is illegal) :p

that'de be good actually....

but i want a BIG plasma tv that i can hang on the wall so i can watch movies in bed :d

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol 2 whole pages on tvs... i hardly even watch tv so i dunno how big my one is... but the biggest one in this house is like the same height as me... but that includes the thing under the screen... and then again im short lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:
lol 2 whole pages on tvs... i hardly even watch tv so i dunno how big my one is... but the biggest one in this house is like the same height as me... but that includes the thing under the screen... and then again im short lol
yeah we have one of those as well in the lounge but probably not as big (u've been to my house pb).... it's retched. The sound is directed like this

\ . /
tv

instead of like this

| |
tv

so... it doesn't really sound that loud when ur in the room... but since my bedroom is right next to the lounge ... it's MEGA loud... and it shits everyone in the house... the tv has been a cause of many fights...

we have that surround thingy which supposedly fixes it but i dunno how to use it :(

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
yeah we have one of those as well in the lounge but probably not as big (u've been to my house pb).... it's retched. The sound is directed like this

\ . /
tv

instead of like this

| |
tv

so... it doesn't really sound that loud when ur in the room... but since my bedroom is right next to the lounge ... it's MEGA loud... and it shits everyone in the house... the tv has been a cause of many fights...

we have that surround thingy which supposedly fixes it but i dunno how to use it :(
yeh lol its annoying... like when my sister tells me to turn the volume down cuz its too loud and i cant hear jack poop ... but now i just live with the little tv in my room that sometimes goes black and white and with lines going through the ppl lol.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:
yeh lol its annoying... like when my sister tells me to turn the volume down cuz its too loud and i cant hear jack poop ... but now i just live with the little tv in my room that sometimes goes black and white and with lines going through the ppl lol.

lol u crack me up !

having this brand new tech thing in the loungeroom yet you watch on ur lil tv that "sometimes goes black and white with lines going through the ppl" LOL

I had a tv like that before.. except it was black and white and the casing was plastic orange.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
that'de be good actually....

but i want a BIG plasma tv that i can hang on the wall so i can watch movies in bed :d
Why not just buy a projector. Your projection can be so big that you feel as if your standing right next to your favourite idol, but the quality is questionable.

:D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
bscienceboi said:
Why not just buy a projector. Your projection can be so big that you feel as if your standing right next to your favourite idol, but the quality is questionable.

:D
IDOL!! OMG EMILY HAS TO GET INTO THE TOP 2!! OTHERWISE I'LL DIE!

lol

Australia needs to get rid of that "Lee" creature... however I do want to see him get to the Opera house so i can laugh when he sings the ballad against EMILY! Lmao... she'll butcher him alive!

But kate deserves to get into the top 2, she's good but not as good as emily!

As for it looking like im standing right next to EMILY!! :d:d:d lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)