Getting your Ps - Driver Ability Road Test (DART) (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha I used to be so perfect at parallel parking- got it within a very small gap (max 40cm) everytime with a good method from my instructor at the time (with lining up the Toyota logo and a sticker which actually had a purpose on his dash!)...

... but then after I switched cars, I took a while to get my comfort back up but even then, at best I could do 15cm? Then I switched cars again and now I can't even get within half a metre without repeatedly trying. That being said I'm too scared of scraping my rims!

gella

HSC
i booked my test for 2:15, which is obvs during schoool zone hours bs. am i fucked?
and also if i wear a low-cut top, will i pass?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
i booked my test for 2:15, which is obvs during schoool zone hours bs. am i fucked?
LOL you do realise that a low cut top doesn't work on everyone right? And I'm not referring to the tester.

BOS Negro

HSC
just take a bribey bribey envelope with you

yeah_boy

HSC
is the park you do at the end of the test at the RTA carpark part of the test??

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Without knowing for sure- why not?

From memory it wasn't a park per se but just a, pull up to the side of the road... can't remember.

twistedrebel

HSC
is the park you do at the end of the test at the RTA carpark part of the test??
yes it is, just hope you get back early when there all empty, its alot easier.
You can left foot brake for a hill start in a auto!
No hill start in auto tests
leave school early i guess. Get to the RTA at about 2-2.05 to fill in the form etc.
Depends if your tester is a straight male.

gella

HSC
ingleburn rta is ridiculously booked out, but ridiculously easy. i'm just hoping these school zones don't fuck with me too much

HSC
ingleburn rta is ridiculously booked out, but ridiculously easy. i'm just hoping these school zones don't fuck with me too much
i don't mean to scare you, but i actually failed my ps exam because of a school zone.
i passed everything else with flying colours, but failed because i went 46 in a 40 k zone.

best tip for people taking their ps exam: take your time. you'll be there for 40 minutes: no more, no less. don't rush yourself.

johnyG

HSC
Passed my test, was piss easy. officer hardly even checked anything and mostly just enjoyed the view lol but it did go for 45 mins.

Kralex

HSC
I did mine in Merrylands. Not a good choice. Passed 105/108 but the amount of road work, people running onto the road etc. was a pain in the ass. I also did it during school hours so the school zone laws were enforced and probably made the test easier as cruising below 40 is an easy feat.

I did a 3 point turn, Reverse 45 degree parking and curb side parking.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I did my test a couple of weeks ago at Castle Hill. I passed first go.

When I got in the car, the officer told me that I would be doing a curb side stop and reverse parallel park only. The test did go for around 35-40 mins.....

random boy

HSC
I got my L's on my 16th Birthday and since have been driving lots and getting a lesson a week from a professional in automatic. I have till late december till i can go for my P's and can honestly say that i cant wait & am so F&^*ing bored of being on my L's! Almost finished the log book as well and am in the process of car hunting.

Litterally counting down the days..

hpatdh

HSC
Does the instructor sit next to you or in the back seat? How do they check if you're checking the mirrors? Do they stare at you the whole time?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Does the instructor sit next to you or in the back seat? How do they check if you're checking the mirrors? Do they stare at you the whole time?
Front seat.

They use peripheral vision to check what you do.

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
On my first go...I had an instructor for my instructor. He was in the back seat, assessing her ability to assess me.

As a result...i thought my instructor was fairly harsh (my second go I passed in a supposedly harder RTA)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
going for mine tomorrow at castle hill!!! have they become more lenient..? because literally ALL my friends have been passing first go (or so theyve told me), i trust them though. anticipation is killing me

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
btw, what happens if am told to overtake someone but im at speed limit, and the other driver (whom i wish to overtake) is travelling at a greater velocity?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)