Girl Image issues, and what to say. (1 Viewer)

infatuated-x3

Procrastinator
HSC
true, it's like these girls want to be unattractive
trying so hard to be humble in a masochistic, attention seeking way
only empathise for awhile, sorry
gotta learn to love yourself before you'll accept love from anybody else.
This obviously stems from the whole self-esteem issue and i absolutely hate it when for example, a person uploads a photo of themselves and caption it as EW! and then she'll get a gazillion replies with "no, your gawjuzz!" or "you're heaps pretty!" etc etc.

OR conversations that go something like this:
person x: omg, you're sooo pretty!
person y: no, you are ;)
person x: pfft, wth, no way. you're waaay prettier than me
person y: sif! you're prettier and you know it

SHUT THE FUCK UP PLEASE.
kthxbye.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
This obviously stems from the whole self-esteem issue and i absolutely hate it when for example, a person uploads a photo of themselves and caption it as EW! and then she'll get a gazillion replies with "no, your gawjuzz!" or "you're heaps pretty!" etc etc.

OR conversations that go something like this:
person x: omg, you're sooo pretty!
person y: no, you are ;)
person x: pfft, wth, no way. you're waaay prettier than me
person y: sif! you're prettier and you know it

SHUT THE FUCK UP PLEASE.
kthxbye.
more like "ur both UGLY", lol

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Intermittently, I get into the topic of self image issues with girls-often girls I am close to, or have been involved with.
It usually goes along the lines of them saying "i hate x part of my body" or "I hate the way I look, I have 0 self esteem"
I mean, I could say hit the gym once a week and that would solve what MINIMAL issues you have.
But I don't feel that's the point. How do you respond? I'd like nothing more than to have them feel happy and confident in themselves, and I think feeling like that is mostly psychologically based, not based on actual physical appearance-i.e even if they were models they'd still be unhappy.
I have three usual responses.

(a) typical: "no, i think you look great etc... dont be stupid"

(b) Non commital...sort of: "i think that that's a shame you feel that way, I beg to differ. I think you look great etc, and I wish you could see you how i see you"

(c) "It's okay to feel that way, alot of people seem to. I wish you could be happy with what you are, alot of people(like me) are."

It seems soppy etc I know. But I'm sure there is a better way to go about this.
guys: what do you usually say?
girls: what do you think? any suggestions?

d) damn straight u fucking ugly whore. plz go kill urself so i will no longer have to look at your hideousness. kthxbye.

Abby Louise

HSC
My boyfriend always shakes his head and says "You dont get how amazing you really are. You may not be the most beautiful person in the world, but you are the most beautiful person in my world"

Eventually I started to see that im not as ugly as i used to thinnk :)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
My boyfriend always shakes his head and says "You dont get how amazing you really are. You may not be the most beautiful person in the world, but you are the most beautiful person in my world"

Eventually I started to see that im not as ugly as i used to thinnk :)
*vomit*

allykat92

HSC
I'm a girl, and I can tell you that it is VERY hard to convince a girl she looks fine. I personally think a lot of it is psychologically based. For me it is anyway xD

Don't mention personality too much...and if you do mix it with highlighting the best features you can see in her. Like eyes, hair, skin etc. And for some girls, they only believe certain people when they're told...it's a hard battle to win. But I'm sure your girl friends appreciate the fact that you care about their happiness

Last edited:

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
I'm a girl, and I can tell you that it is VERY hard to convince a girl she looks fine. I personally think a lot of it is psychologically based. For me it is anyway xD

Don't mention personality too much...and if you do mix it with highlighting the best features you can see in her. Like eyes, hair, skin etc. And for some girls, they only believe certain people when they're told...it's a hard battle to win. But I'm sure your girl friends appreciate the fact that you care about their happiness
*vomit again*

Kaes

HSC
I just say:

I love your smile and the way you make me smile.

if that doesn't work. Just say:

You drive me crazy
I just cant sleep
Im so excited, I'm in too deep
Ohh...crazy, but it feels alright
Baby, thinkin of you keeps me up all night

;)

BlueNess

HSC
I just say:

I love your smile and the way you make me smile.

if that doesn't work. Just say:

You drive me crazy
I just cant sleep
Im so excited, I'm in too deep
Ohh...crazy, but it feels alright
Baby, thinkin of you keeps me up all night

;)
aaaand cue FreshOffTheBoat vomiting again :p

(I thought it was ok. just yeah, can see it coming lol)

bazrah

HSC
I find this topic pretty funny. Why do we have a culture of lying now to appease people's self issues? I mean why is it rude for me to tell a girl she is overweight if according to the definition she technically is classified as a fatty. "Oh I have a thyroid problem and I ride a bike to uni and never lose weight" Yes, but you also eat a box of chicken every day and your bike has a friggin motor on it. Sorry, bad experiences with a girl from uni.

MissSquiggly

HSC
N/A
XD HAHAHA. Since you're a guy. I guess if you don't want to insult the girl or make her feel you're praising her...
You can just say
"All girls are beautiful." ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)