• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

girls doing ext 2? (1 Viewer)

Will Hunting

HSC
imagine if we had children...
Whoa... you're light years ahead of me! I haven't even learned about the division transformation yet and you're talking about having a little division transformation of our own :p

That aside, though, the sheer magnitude of possibilities does blow my mind... we could call her Haylee Hunting and she could carry on our great legacy... MWA HA HA!

HayleeKate

HSC
Will Hunting said:
Whoa... you're light years ahead of me! I haven't even learned about the division transformation yet and you're talking about having a little division transformation of our own :p

That aside, though, the sheer magnitude of possibilities does blow my mind... we could call her Haylee Hunting and she could carry on our great legacy... MWA HA HA!
I'm light years ahead of you? You're the one who's named our child!
But, I must admitt Haylee Hunting is the perfect name for our child, although, if we were to be married (since we're planning our children, lets also plan the wedding), then my name would be Haylee Hunting, hence, confusion in the household (now we're planning the house too), perhaps I can keep my maiden name? ahahaa I cant wait, sweetheart!

Will Hunting

HSC
Hmm... alright, but you're going to have to pay for the wedding rings, the reception and the deposit on our house (... phew!). Being a Byron Bay Year 12'er who spends most of his time chilling out on the beach doesn't pay as well as you might think, ya know!!

HayleeKate

HSC
Will Hunting said:
Hmm... alright, but you're going to have to pay for the wedding rings, the reception and the deposit on our house (... phew!). Being a Byron Bay Year 12'er who spends most of his time chilling out on the beach doesn't pay as well as you might think, ya know!!
Jizus! You think living 3 hours down the coast, still being a year 12'er spending most of her time at the beach pays any better? Why dont we just camp at the beach, hence save on the deposit for our house.... wedding reception, couple of goon sacks on the beach..... wedding rings? platted sea-grass?

Will Hunting

HSC
Yep, I can see it right now - "Do you take Haylee to be your lawfully wed..... *big wave breaks on top of us and carries you away* .... Me: "I do... or, at least... I will, when the tide comes in... *Sigh*...

HayleeKate

HSC
oh, look, with all our maths genius I'm sure we can time the wedding to coincide with low tide!

You know, if I put as much effort into planning my up coming mid-course exams as I am into planning our wedding, I'm sure I'll ace them. My 3u teacher bet me I couldnt get 100% in this one, I might challenge him with all this constructive energy...

Will Hunting

HSC
Yes, sweetie, if I've taught you anything (and I don't think I have :p), it's that Maths comes first ;) So... you march right in there and show that 3U teacher who's boss! Be careful not to be too energetic, though, otherwise he might end up proposing to you instead of me and I'd be sooooo jealous! Grrr...

HayleeKate

HSC
Will Hunting said:
Yes, sweetie, if I've taught you anything (and I don't think I have :p), it's that Maths comes first ;) So... you march right in there and show that 3U teacher who's boss! Be careful not to be too energetic, though, otherwise he might end up proposing to you instead of me and I'd be sooooo jealous! Grrr...
I would agree with the maths comes first part, but at this hour I'm leaning towards sleep comes first.
And dont worry, my teacher is already married (to another teacher, they always come in pairs, like conjugate complex roots of polynomials :)) gosh I'm a nerd.

Will Hunting

HSC
Damn... I was JUST about to use complex conjugates to describe us! :p I'm even more of a nerd :) Yep, I'm pretty tired too. It's amazing what having the next 20 years of your life planned for you can do to your energy.... Puff..... Fare thee well, Mrs. Hunting

Trev

stix
HSC
HayleeKate said:
Conventional schools are the way to go for unmotivated students. [not implying that's you Trev, just general statement]
I am an unmotivated student. A 'conventional school' such as mine doesn't help for motivation, I go to class (because we have to) but about 3/4 of the time I just sit there doing no work, productive huh?

niall045

HSC
velox said:
We have a 10 yr old doing prelim chem and 2u maths.
That kid is a dumb shit. He'll be socially inept and schollies'll especially suck for him. His parents should keep him relatively close to where he should be so he can fully develop his brain, then rip all the kids in his year with a UAI of 100.

Anyway, we've got some Swiss kid in my class who corrects the teacher all the time. He's our age, so I don't know the Euros must be doing something right.

HayleeKate

HSC
Trev said:
I am an unmotivated student. A 'conventional school' such as mine doesn't help for motivation, I go to class (because we have to) but about 3/4 of the time I just sit there doing no work, productive huh?
Fair enough, just because youre in class doesnt mean you're working, but I reakon you're better off being there and only half listening than going for a surf.

HayleeKate

HSC
niall045 said:
That kid is a dumb shit. He'll be socially inept and schollies'll especially suck for him. His parents should keep him relatively close to where he should be so he can fully develop his brain, then rip all the kids in his year with a UAI of 100.

Anyway, we've got some Swiss kid in my class who corrects the teacher all the time. He's our age, so I don't know the Euros must be doing something right.
I agree, I think its ridiculous being an accelerated student unless youre actually topping the year you're jumping into. I've had freak kids like that in my classes before, and generally, theyre only average students in the class.. whats the point in that, youre life expectancy is 84 for gods sake, you can handle staying in school an extra year if it means you come first in your class, rather than middle of the road, especially when this means you'll be with kids closer to your own age.

As for the Euro's doing something right, I agree on that too, I went on a student exchange to spain, and the teacher's swapping between speaking 2 languages I didnt understand a word of when I arrived in spain (spanish and catalan, barcelona's regional language) and I reakon she taught me more than my Australian teachers do. The poor maths students over there were about par with our average students.

HayleeKate

HSC
JamiL said:
yer euro and american schools are alot more advanced than australian skool, althou we have a 2 tear system, which teaches our kids morals n stuff... more american kids r smart but they have no sence of morality.
American kids just think they're smart, simply because they're further ahead in terms of topics covered, they dont know the work half as well.
I have an American kid who came to Australia to at the start of year 11, he's in my 2u, 3u & 4u class, and constantly whinges to the teachers about how easy and boring everything is because he's 'learnt it all back in the states' look at me look at me, i learnt complex numbers in year 10!!! but then, he literally gets HALF my mark in 4u, and is in the bottom half of our 3u class. Whilst he may think he learnt it 'back in the states' he's just been taught it again and still cant even do the work as good us all us idiot aussies. Punk.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
we aint idiots, althou i have been told that the american skool are better, n they have like a whole league of international universities (ie the ivy league), we have 2 usyd and unsw. they have alot of history over us... but look at those asians 2 they come here and like no everything.. indian skools 2.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
HayleeKate said:
I know the livening it up bit, is it just my class, or does anyone else suffer from having their 4u class think they'll die if they speak? My teacher asks a question, and everyone stops breathing for fear of being heard.. I'm the only one who speaks, if i wasnt there that class would fall apart I'm sure. Its not that the other kids dont know the answer to the guys question, they just dont speak, like they're socially inept or something, drives me batty because they just wait for me to say it, and I try not to so they'll talk and it just sits in intense silence for 5 minutes until I speak, WHAT IF ONE DAY I SAY THE WRONG ANSWER?? The silence then will be too much if I stop talking.
Is this just me and my class? Or does anyone else have intimidatingly quiet 4u classes?
Well... my class WOULD be dead silent... but I'm in it... so, no.

My teacher especially doesn't understand it. One minute I'm concentrating hard on churning out an expression for cos7@ in terms of cos@, next I'm maniacally laughing my head off at the little birdy outside because I somehow just got a cos^8(@).

HayleeKate

HSC
JamiL said:
we aint idiots, althou i have been told that the american skool are better, n they have like a whole league of international universities (ie the ivy league), we have 2 usyd and unsw. they have alot of history over us... but look at those asians 2 they come here and like no everything.. indian skools 2.
prestige doesnt equal intelligence, ivy league-schmivy league.
For example, Sydney uni, highest status & prestige uni in Aust. but really, medicine at Newcastle shits on medicine at Syd.

I rate the asians though, Chinese girl in my class, doesnt have a clue what my teachers saying, just trying to decipher the textbook and teach herself, in the top 5 students usually, (shits on americano-punk).

But then again, maybe its not a race issue, maybe chinese girl is better than american boy just because shes a girl and he's a boy. Thats probably it. :p

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
I disagree. Go and research ur facts about which med course is better for what reasons. I personally know ppl who have went to newcastle and have said the course is much overrated. You cant single out one course and then state something without backing it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)