girls doing ext 2? (1 Viewer)

HayleeKate

HSC
velox said:
I disagree. Go and research ur facts about which med course is better for what reasons. I personally know ppl who have went to newcastle and have said the course is much overrated. You cant single out one course and then state something without backing it up.
Ok, I withdraw my example (simply because I'm not even interested in medicine courses, just going off general comments I've heard), but still maintain that:

Prestige does not equal intelligence..... ivy league, schmivy league

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
no medicine in NSW is the best Medicine Degree in Australia... they have the bet resources and stuff like that, newcastle dont have the size and technology to compete with nsw.
i have an asian in my 4u class.. he tries the hardest out of all of us but is comming last. as 4 indians there may be 1 or 2 in the top 20, top 7-8 are prob all arib

Trev

stix
HSC
HayleeKate said:
American kids just think they're smart, simply because they're further ahead in terms of topics covered, they dont know the work half as well.
I have an American kid who came to Australia to at the start of year 11, he's in my 2u, 3u & 4u class, and constantly whinges to the teachers about how easy and boring everything is because he's 'learnt it all back in the states' look at me look at me, i learnt complex numbers in year 10!!! but then, he literally gets HALF my mark in 4u, and is in the bottom half of our 3u class. Whilst he may think he learnt it 'back in the states' he's just been taught it again and still cant even do the work as good us all us idiot aussies. Punk.
Haha, that reminds me of this guy in my class. He only does extension 1 but goes on like he is some math god, he's such a fool. He's coming last in extension 1, and first assessment advanced came last 10 or so (so most advanced students beat him), yet he has this idea he is great at maths so he <i>teaches</i> himself extension 2 in his spare time, so of course, being the dick he is, says "he does extension 2".
/rant

Trev

stix
HSC
JamiL said:
wot a waste of fuking god, if ur goin 2 attamp 2 teach urslf sumfing, ask him y he doesn do it... lol. neway ur lucky he only does ex 1 he would bring tteh ext 2 guys down.. lol
He can't do it because the teacher would not have let him do it for a start.
There is only 2 of us doing it, so it's pretty <i>fun</i>.

Captain pi

HSC
JamiL said:
wot a waste of fuking god, if ur goin 2 attamp 2 teach urslf sumfing, ask him y he doesn do it... lol. neway ur lucky he only does ex 1 he would bring tteh ext 2 guys down.. lol
Sir, that is simply a reprehensible use of letters and numerals; take the extra 0.1 seconds to write something properly.

Alter this immediately.

As to Trev:

I would suggest caution before indicating your mark as vastly superior to the student to whom you refer.

But, PM me with some more anecdotes about this CL. I'm interested!

Trev

stix
HSC
Captain pi said:
Sir, that is simply a reprehensible use of letters and numerals; take the extra 0.1 seconds to write something properly.

Alter this immediately.

As to Trev:

I would suggest caution before indicating your mark as vastly superior to the student to whom you refer.

Haha, i'm not saying my mark is vastly superior, but hmm, this leads me to think you know more of how I went in the latest assessment?! Hope I didn't go too shite, but I suppose it would be what I deserve lol.

JamiL

HSC
Captain pi said:

Alter this immediately.

As to Trev:

thx dude i jus realised it did make sence, my mind is 2 quick 4 my fingers.. lol
but yer if the guy is comming in the bottom 10 in 2u and u are 1 of only 2 4u maths students i wouldn worrie about caution, he must be stupid...

brassedoff

HSC
We've had a similar situation. Only this guy had social skills too. I'm sure his innocence suffered though, spending 5 or 6 years in class with 17 year olds.
He wasn't allowed to leave school until he was 15, so he's been doing uni by correspondence for the last 3

Trev

stix
HSC
JamiL said:
thx dude i jus realised it did make sence, my mind is 2 quick 4 my fingers.. lol
but yer if the guy is comming in the bottom 10 in 2u and u are 1 of only 2 4u maths students i wouldn worrie about caution, he must be stupid...
He isn't the other one that doesn extension 2 with me. The guy that does however is really smart, he comes up with all these crazy ideas which keep extension 2 lessons amusing. :p

HayleeKate

HSC
Trev said:
He isn't the other one that doesn extension 2 with me. The guy that does however is really smart, he comes up with all these crazy ideas which keep extension 2 lessons amusing. :p
an AMUSING ext 2 class? I envy you, I'd settle for a class that even spoke, just so you knew there was people there, I sometimes wonder if the rest of my class has actually stopped breathe they're so quiet all the time, and theres more than twice as many of us than there is in your class (5 of us).

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
there are 18 in my class, and there are quite a few dumbarses. They make the lesson funny a lot of the time

JamiL

HSC
Trev said:
i no i was saying u were 1 of 2 ppl 2 do 4u, showing ur superiority... he is crappy cos he is in da bottom 10 in 2u :D.

JamiL

HSC
HayleeKate said:
an AMUSING ext 2 class? I envy you, I'd settle for a class that even spoke, just so you knew there was people there, I sometimes wonder if the rest of my class has actually stopped breathe they're so quiet all the time, and theres more than twice as many of us than there is in your class (5 of us).
hey same as me.. 5 in my class, our 4u class is a joke, we have 4 prefects in our class (its also all the aribs, god the aribs just about rue our year) and you could just imagine how noisey we get. the 1 quiet 1 mind u is failing... lol. we are a joke of a class, honestly we just miss like the most obvious shit 2u students should get.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
HayleeKate said:
American kids just think they're smart, simply because they're further ahead in terms of topics covered, they dont know the work half as well.
I have an American kid who came to Australia to at the start of year 11, he's in my 2u, 3u & 4u class, and constantly whinges to the teachers about how easy and boring everything is because he's 'learnt it all back in the states' look at me look at me, i learnt complex numbers in year 10!!! but then, he literally gets HALF my mark in 4u, and is in the bottom half of our 3u class. Whilst he may think he learnt it 'back in the states' he's just been taught it again and still cant even do the work as good us all us idiot aussies. Punk.
What do American schools teach after Yr 10 then?
Do they start on uni-level maths??

I checked out sparknotes.com and looked up "Grade 12" in google.com as well - doesn't seem like they're that far ahead of us...if at all.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Up to year 10, Australia is labout 1 to 2 years behind. In year 11 we jump about two years ahead and are roughly up to American standard. Roughly.

It's a problem.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
i heard that school maths in the US is pretty far behind
esp my friends who did sat's said the maths was easy

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
For the normal student, maths is a bit behind, or far behind (if they dropped it). For the top students, maths is ahead. Here, the top students are limited by the syllabus.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
For the normal student, maths is a bit behind, or far behind (if they dropped it). For the top students, maths is ahead. Here, the top students are limited by the syllabus.
So would the difficulty of MX2 exceed or bee on par with the highest level of maths offered in the US?
Btw. is MX2 the highest level of maths offered in Australia?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)