Girls in Engineering? (1 Viewer)

Ben1220

HSC
Oh man this is funny, but before I step into the fray, a summary:

PHD Comics: Dating Odds

I'm not entirely an engineering student, I'm a science student at Melbourne majoring in computer science and maths, so I can't say for certain for engineering subjects but I've found the sex ratio to be pretty even. It might be a little uneven but you wouldn't notice unless you actually counted...

even in first year IT there were around 30% females. First year maths was actually around 50/50, I guess because it is required for so many other subjects / majors. Maybe the sex ratio will get a little more uneven in later years when basically only maths majors are left... I'll have to wait and see I guess.

A unique phenomenon may be observed among the engineering student.

Due to the skewed sex ratio, the males will attach themselves to one of the three or four females available. This creates a large herd around the female, of which at least some can be found following the female at any given point of the day.

This is known as the Shepherd Effect, for the flock-like appearance of the males following their chosen female in a desperate bid for a moment of her attention.
Bahahahaha... oh man, I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that now.

Shaybay92

HSC
even if there is a high number of girls doing engineering, e.g 80% boys, 20% girls for extreme measures, the girls doing engineering are ugly as hell anyway, and the boys wont even bother because the girls there are fugly lol.

its a disturbing sausage fest over there if you ask me, its probably just as bad as going to an all boys school.

is there any gorgeous looking women doing engineering by any chance this year?

:haha:

You're an arse.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
how many threads are there reflecting this topic?

i could have sworn i just saw 2 other threads regarding the same thing lol?

we need more HOT girls in engineering ill agree on that hehe

awaitingtrain

HSC
I'm in year 11 and i hang out with five girls. Two of them are doing engineering after the hsc and at the moment they're both doing metals and engineering. Mind you they aren't exactly girly girls... But hey they're female :)

kooltrainer

HSC
engineering aint all that bad... girls jus dun like the blokey name

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)