Girls in Engineering? (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
About 24% girls in Civil Engineering

You also do about half the course with Environmental Engineering (about 50% girls)

So you are outnumbered but it's not as bad as some think.
OOooo very interesting. So the actual ratio for me (doing civil) is nearly 1:3

I guess i'll have lots of girls to talk to as well then ^_^

19% girls doesn't sound too less

but 81% guys sounds too much
LOL, poor you.

shady145

Banned
HSC
I'm looking forward to looking for a tomato :)
ahaha, i think i might where a shirt... for the first week atleast :p
I really really really like the idea of the boys carrying the girls books.

But I think the boys will be way too nerdy and shy to have the courage to offer.

:spin:
oh really? XD hey anna can i carry your books :p <--- see spagbowl i asked :p

... i dnt think there is that much courage needed to be able to ask to carry someones books :)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Most unis will have the information published somewhere if you know where to look and relly are interested.

Student Enrolment Reports - SPO - The University of Sydney

19 % of engineering undergrads are female at Sydney. The relative ratio in each discipline varies.
In addition, take into account that most girls in engineering flock to biomed and civil...not too sure about chemistry, and that skews the ratio even more.

In my power engineering subject last semester, there were literally 3 girls in a class of 60 students.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
ahaha, i think i might where a shirt... for the first week atleast :p

oh really? XD hey anna can i carry your books :p <--- see spagbowl i asked :p

... i dnt think there is that much courage needed to be able to ask to carry someones books :)
Yes, yes you may :)

And fine, you can wear your shirt for the 1st week. Just because i'm in a generous mood ^_^

Danzboy

HSC
My construction class had about 20% females.

i know at UTS there are a few fmelaes floating around. And yes, they are apart of a big group of guys.

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
sounds like fun to me :)
these ratios are not ideal to me, i want more girls to talk to about fashion and such :mad1:

the boys i work with will just have to pretend to listen to me.

bv

HSC
these ratios are not ideal to me, i want more girls to talk to about fashion and such :mad1:

the boys i work with will just have to pretend to listen to me.

yeah, but girls get rather annoying as i have found
you have to be nice to them and all
boys are much easy going and you can yell at them when ur trying to work something out, and they can have a bitch back and i wouldnt care :) lol

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I know nothing about fashion.... but UAC says i'm officially in Civil Engineering ^_^

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
yeah, but girls get rather annoying as i have found
you have to be nice to them and all
boys are much easy going and you can yell at them when ur trying to work something out, and they can have a bitch back and i wouldnt care :) lol
I'm hoping the girls doing engineering will be really laid back. And yeah boys bitching is funny but one time one of my besties (who is a boy) rugby tackled me to the ground hahaha, I've been weary ever since :haha:

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
even if there is a high number of girls doing engineering, e.g 80% boys, 20% girls for extreme measures, the girls doing engineering are ugly as hell anyway, and the boys wont even bother because the girls there are fugly lol.

its a disturbing sausage fest over there if you ask me, its probably just as bad as going to an all boys school.

is there any gorgeous looking women doing engineering by any chance this year?

:haha:

LordPc

HSC
even if there is a high number of girls doing engineering, e.g 80% boys, 20% girls for extreme measures, the girls doing engineering are ugly as hell anyway, and the boys wont even bother because the girls there are fugly lol.

its a disturbing sausage fest over there if you ask me, its probably just as bad as going to an all boys school.

is there any gorgeous looking women doing engineering by any chance this year?

:haha:
you know i think they opened up a school recently for trolls who dont know how to troll. you'd make it in easily, your trolling needs a lot of work

HSC
azns and indians and girls make the WORST engineers

no social skills

you have to be able to interact with the workforce do get the best performance out of them

thats why they are the jocks of uni and shit

ilikebeeef

HSC
azns and indians and girls make the WORST engineers

no social skills

you have to be able to interact with the workforce do get the best performance out of them

thats why they are the jocks of uni and shit
You make ridiculous asssumptions. I myself am Asian and female, and I'm pretty sure I have some form of social skill.

Winey Suen, who is also Asian and female, is widely recognised at USYD to be one of the most excellent Engineering students that they have, working with clubs like Women in Engineering and the Sydney University Young Vinnies Club. You call that no social skill??

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)