Giveaways to personality (1 Viewer)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
lilkiwicutie89 said:
is it really bad to give away your personality???

or is it worst if you change your personality for someone?

just a thought!
That's a no brainer :eek:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
iambored was talking about what behavioural aspects were 'giveaways' to personalities.

Obviously to change your personality for someone else is stupid, esp. compared to just revealing your personality to another.

i.e. no brainer, lolz

stickywages

HSC
N/A
bobness said:
iambored was talking about what behavioural aspects were 'giveaways' to personalities.

Obviously to change your personality for someone else is stupid, esp. compared to just revealing your personality to another.

i.e. no brainer, lolz
It's very difficult to change one's personality. Maybe on a surface, more shallow level....it may seem evidently simple in a matter of time/space but.. deep inside..

stickywages

HSC
N/A
lilkiwicutie89 said:
is it really bad to give away your personality???
not necessarily, unless your personality involves revealing almost every piece of your thought (ie people know what you're thinking/how you're feeling most of the time) because then it is very easy for manipulators to fish hook you as their next victim (you are potentially the perfect candidate)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
stickywages said:
not necessarily, unless your personality involves revealing almost every piece of your thought (ie people know what you're thinking/how you're feeling most of the time) because then it is very easy for manipulators to fish hook you as their next victim (you are potentially the perfect candidate)
hai latvia :wave:

Were you involved in the fish hook thing you mentioned, in the past? Otherwise, i really can't see this happening in real life sorry :eek:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
haha, really? then i'm a lot more random and daring than i thought i was, hehe...i have a tendency to attempt dangerous things when i'm drunk. "hey, climb up this high unstable metal thing and jump off onto those rocks"...."OKay!! *laughing like an idiot*"

but to answer the question, i look at the difference, if any, between what people say, and what they actually do...also how touchy feely a person is...like some people i've met are really reserved that way and others are like hugging you constantly 5 minutes after being introduced...neither is preferable but it gives you an idea of what they're like generally.

edit: i meant to quote skeeta there, obviously didnt, whoopsie.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
iambored said:
I find this stuff very interesting.
What 'tests' do you do? What do different things tell you about a person's personality?

I always look at how people treat different types of people. It shows how welcoming/cliquey they are and how likely they are to turn on you in the long term.

I look at how they respond to unncecessary bitching by other people to see how comfortable I can be telling them things and what they might be saying about me behind my back.

I look at what they do when people need help - whether they do the bare minimum or take the initiative to do more. I think it's a good indication of how selfish (/selfless) they are in general.
Pretend to be a stranger and prank your partner and see how he/she reacts to strangers.

stickywages

HSC
N/A
bobness said:
hai latvia :wave:

Were you involved in the fish hook thing you mentioned, in the past? Otherwise, i really can't see this happening in real life sorry :eek:
heylo boobnest!

hmmm, maybe i sounded too "extreme" when i talked about dat "fish hook" thingy
(like everyone's out to get someone)
i kinda have this feeling that sometimes i am too straightforward/overexpressive so i express what i think too bluntly and that gives some manipulators the "previlege" to know my weaknesses and thus they can try to "control" me through things they know (for example they know what makes me really pissed/mad and/or happy/impressed and can use this as their best weapon) for their own benefit

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
I like to throw the 'overtake challenge' out there. I don't like explaining jokes to people because it ruins it for everybody. I feel the 'overtake challenge' is a fair opportunity for anybody to convince me to avoid them:

You're in a race and you overtake 3rd. What position are you in now?

(Lots of funny answers)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Baiku said:
I like to throw the 'overtake challenge' out there. I don't like explaining jokes to people because it ruins it for everybody. I feel the 'overtake challenge' is a fair opportunity for anybody to convince me to avoid them:

You're in a race and you overtake 3rd. What position are you in now?

(Lots of funny answers)
er like 2nd?

p.s. to latvia. ok you should avoid me then :rolleyes:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
third

a big one is how they react and respond to people who are in more disadvantaged positions for one reason or another. making comments and rude jokes behind their back about their disadvantages does not impress me, no matter how much the other person annoyed them. this is a mix of 1 and 2 in my first post.

also consistency of behaviour, showing lasting personality traits or traits only present in certain situations

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
third

a big one is how they react and respond to people who are in more disadvantaged positions for one reason or another. making comments and rude jokes behind their back about their disadvantages does not impress me, no matter how much the other person annoyed them. this is a mix of 1 and 2 in my first post.

also consistency of behaviour, showing lasting personality traits or traits only present in certain situations
That is correct.

Not bad, does it test logic (the race one)? Or do we layk apply some critical theory to it so people who answer 1st or 2nd are obviously ambitious cunts with no consideration for the little guys and those who chose 3rd must be exceedingly rational and egalitarian?

Also, i thought i had heard that question before (but forgot the answer obviously :p) so 'well-known' questions such as these may be not as effective as say reading body language and creating situations in a social setting :)

Btw i'm not shouting sour grapes over here :eek:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Most people base their judgement (for want of a better word) of another's personality based on their first impressions. It's called the Four-Minute Barrier as people come to lasting conclusions based within four minutes of meeting someone, and after that it's very difficult to change someone's impressions of you.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
Awesome work at plucking a figure out of thin air.
I assume you're not doing psych ...

... Come to think of it, neither am I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)