God I got so bad but can I still achieve my atar aim? Please help? :( (1 Viewer)

2KL4SKL

HSC
I'm not going to post my exact HSC marks here but I got 2 band 5s, 3 band 4s and 1 band 3. I know I did so terrible I really hate myself. But can I still get 90+? Or maybe even 94? If I can't please tell me now because I don't want to be hoping like an idiot. Also my assessment marks weren't that great either, only slightly higher than my hsc marks. And I go to a top 10 school, if that helps your judgement

The 2 band 5s were in English Adv and Modern History, band 4s were Maths, Economics, English Ext 1 and Band 3 was Biology. Actually I got E3 for English Ext so maybe that's a band 5?

Thanks for being honest, everyone.

Last edited:
HSC
I'm not going to post my exact HSC marks here but I got 2 band 5s, 3 band 4s and 1 band 3. I know I did so terrible I really hate myself. But can I still get 90+? Or maybe even 94? If I can't please tell me now because I don't want to be hoping like an idiot. Also my assessment marks weren't that great either, only slightly higher than my hsc marks. And I go to a top 10 school, if that helps your judgement
i suppose it can compromise to at least 80+ but what subjects do you do though?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

sorry, but i very much doubt that you'll be getting above 90

probably around the 80-83 ATAR range

Danmiff

HSC
although it depends on your subjects, i'd be surprised if you got 94 - but im really not an expert

you can just check it yourself with those atar calculators, i think they'r fairly accurate (give or take say 5 points max)

i think theyr called SAM, UMAX or Albert Einstein or something
do a google search for any of them
actually SAM is on the Boredofstudies site

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
You ain't getting 90+. Sorry.

lychnobity

HSC

The 2 band 5s were in English Adv and Modern History, band 4s were Maths, Economics, English Ext 1 and Band 3 was Biology. Actually I got E3 for English Ext so maybe that's a band 5?

Thanks for being honest, everyone.
I'm afraid you won't get 90 or above; sorry. 86-87, I think

onholidays

HSC
But you went to a top 10 school!!! Maybe your school assessment ranks will pull you up, if everybody else at your school did better.

onholidays

HSC
And don't worry because you can always transfer later. I know heaps and heaps of people who didn't meet their UAI aim and are now transferring to the course of their dreams. It's never never too late! You gotta have hope and determination! Just focus on doing really really well in first year and that can hopefully make up for it when you transfer. I know a lot of people who didn't make it into medicine, for instance and are now transferring. You would have thought that that career path was over because transferring's way too hard. But it's not. Just focus on doing really well in first year uni if you don't get your dream ATAR now. And I know some people who didn't get into USYD law well, so what? They went to UWS then transferred to MQ law. So really, it ends up the same. And MQ might not be as highly ranked as USYD but hey it's the same degree and if you do well in your MQ degree, then you will be considered practically the same by employers.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I'd say probably in the 80s, though there may be a slim chance of a surprise. If what you told us is a HSC mark, it'd already be the average of your assessment mark and exam mark, so I doubt attending a top 10 school will be a concern when calculating your ATAR.

Nonetheless, setting an ATAR aim is arbitrary, so what if you can achieve that aim?
What you should concern yourself with is the possible avenues of doing the course you want or achieving the career goal you desire. It seems your ATAR, even if it's below 90, will be quite an achievement and you will be able to enrol in a variety of courses, and if not there is always the possibility of transferring or getting a post-graduate degree.
So yeh..there's my humble advice.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
As everyone has said, you probably won't get 90+ but you are looking at mid 80s.

philphie

Banned
HSC
I'd say probably in the 80s, though there may be a slim chance of a surprise. If what you told us is a HSC mark, it'd already be the average of your assessment mark and exam mark, so I doubt attending a top 10 school will be a concern when calculating your ATAR.

Nonetheless, setting an ATAR aim is arbitrary, so what if you can achieve that aim?
What you should concern yourself with is the possible avenues of doing the course you want or achieving the career goal you desire. It seems your ATAR, even if it's below 90, will be quite an achievement and you will be able to enrol in a variety of courses, and if not there is always the possibility of transferring or getting a post-graduate degree.
So yeh..there's my humble advice.
i wish everyone had the same mindset as you

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
^Probably not now, but it will be after one semester of uni, ask the veterans at the lower section of this forum:).

Tofuu

HSC
you won't get 90+, but you might get around low 80's to mid 80's, my guess would be 82

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)