Good Vibrations 2009 (1 Viewer)

T- Rex

HSC
picked up some hectic fluoro zinc this arvo too, it's going to be wild

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
man that was the best hot shower ever when i got home. i walked from good vibes to central station in pissing down rain.

but good day overall. although chris went walkbouts for about 6 hours while i was stranded on my own at the roots stage and had no credit left, i still managed to talk 2 randoms though. i also got groped by some disgusting bitch for about 5 mins while roni size was on, have never been so scared in my life. the pharcyde, OMG THE PHARCYDE, HOLY FUCKING SHIT, THAT WAS AMAZZZINNNGGGG. and supernaturals freestyle was fucking incredible. too bad stas went and saw the presets omglulwatthatssogay. q-tip sorta disappointed me, needed more atcq material and scenario was cut off as it was starting coz of fucking curfews, what a load of shit.

waiting to see if next years lineup is any better.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
ha. wow. the trip home was crazy as well. will post about it tomorrow. just got home.

haha wow.

i actually really really enjoyed the festival. despite everything shit, like fucking q-tip not getting to play more songs and the weather.

pharcyde = best set of the day by far though.

johnnypaul

HSC
Word a bit disappointed with Q-tip. But The Pharcyde killed it so hard.

As soon as Q-tip said "I met her when she was 19 and her name was..." I so knew he was going to drop Bonita Applebum. My friend and me just went nuts after that.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
apparently one of the guys from inthemix forums said he got q-tips playlist and said these were the rest of the tracks on there:

Scenario
Check The Rhyme
Getting Up
Vivrant Thing
Award Tour
Life Is Better

fucking cunt slut bitch. let the man play. noise restrictions are until midnight on a saturday night you whinging fucking residents. one night of the year let the public have their fun ffs.

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
Fat Boy Slim- Shit, high off his nut on coke that he couldn't even play a set properly. He kept playing random songs, not mixing at all, not even playing his own stuff. He even stopped the set for about 5-10 mins and flipped out going nuts and screaming and shit.
Deadmau5- Amazing
Tommy Trash- Ok, seen him heaps tho. always in sydney
Stanton Warriors- Orgasmic to dance to.
Chromeo- Pretty decent

old.skool.kid

HSC
yeah the pharcyde were just AMAZING! hey Chris did get a video of their set? If you could put it up somewhere that would be cool, the set was sortof a blur for me, sorry if i was acting like a fucktard guyz :eek: I saw a video on youtube of passin me by and it was taken from pretty much right where i was standing, you can see the black chicks that were standing next to me, was that yours chris?

Haha yeah and that was the shittest walk home, man i was freezing.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
yeah the pharcyde were just AMAZING! hey Chris did get a video of their set? If you could put it up somewhere that would be cool, the set was sortof a blur for me, sorry if i was acting like a fucktard guyz :eek: I saw a video on youtube of passin me by and it was taken from pretty much right where i was standing, you can see the black chicks that were standing next to me, was that yours chris?

Haha yeah and that was the shittest walk home, man i was freezing.

alix that was me you dickhead lol. i took it on my phone.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
how disappointing for us, we got fucked in the ass for the sydney leg, performed fuck all of the classics.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Last years Good Vibrations festival was sunny and clear, this year it was muddy and rainy, reminiscent of summafieldayze 08, except I didn't see any teenybopping southern-cross-tatooed shirtless tools wrestling each other in the mud.

Got there around 12:30 and they still hadn't let people in yet, even though the opening acts (namely Art Vs Science) were scheduled to start at 12pm.

So by the time I got in I could only catch the last 2 songs of Art VS Science, they sounded great, but I was mad dissapointed as I would have liked to see their whole set.

Between that and the Aston Shuffle we just chilled out, ate, drank, explored, and then headed to the Laundry tent to wait for The Aston Shuffle.

The Laundry tent wins the award for managing to get all the teenyboppers in one place. People just can't get enough to the same cheesy electro they hear everywhere else. However, it was early in the day, and I didn't exactly want to watch Pomomofo's horrible-sounding set. The Aston Shuffle was fun at Global Gathering anyway.

Was fun when Aston shuffle started but got bored quickly. Left to walk around.

Ended up at Mr J tent where Mike Relm was playing. Very impressive, played a very fun and crowd friendly set with RATM and Daft Punk but threw some surprises in there with awesome remixes of Hendrix and Led Zepplin. Also had great visuals with his mixing hooked up to excerpts from different movies. Watching Mc'Lovin get punched in the face (superbad) continuously while 'Killing In the Name Of' plays was cool.

Chromeo were so much fun last year at Beck's Bar, but that was a more intimate performance, whereas, like Digitalism, I don't think Chromeo are much suited to a festival and are much much better at a smaller venue. However, it was fun, it's always good to hear their music. Left early to catch Wale though.

Wale was dope. He ran through his relatively well-known tracks 'Ice Cream girls' 'Nike Boots' 'Chillin' (with the unwanted addition of Lady GaGa singing the hook). Closed with his freestyle over D.A.N.C.E, bit bummed he didn't do 'the kramer' but oh well.

Yelle is so cute. Love her music. The stage she was at was too small for all the people though, was way overcrowded but was still fun to watch her dance around the stage and sing in French.

Left before she finished to catch Roni Size Reparazant

They sounded so good. Excellent drum and bass set. They even did 'Brown Paper Bag' twice. My real intention for being there though was to get as close as possible for THE PHARCYDE, which I succeeded in doing...right up the front against the barrier :D

What will probably never happen again, happened, and it was amazing. The full original line up of the legendary pharcyde delivered a showstopping performance which included 95% of the tracks I was hoping they'd perform, very comedic performance too, and a mind-blowing freestyle from Supernatural chucked in for good measure.

Slimkid came down right up to me during 'she said' and put the mic to me haha. Imani pretended to jerk off behind a pink umbrella....and Fatlip broke into song, leading the group into a boy band-esque dance to Bobby Brown's 'My Perogative.' After their set finished they came back and peformed a few more songs while the crowd was waiting for Q-Tip.

Q-Tip was unbelievable. It was surreal seeing a legend which is pretty much the reason rappers like Kanye West, Common and Talib Kweli exist. Even though he managed to throw in a few ATCQ classics (Bonita Applebum [complete with a brady bunch-inspired intro], Find A Way [one of my fav ATCQ tracks], Sucka Nigga and the classic Electric Relaxation) he did not get to perform the absolute fan favourite 'Scenario' and 'Award Tour' because his set went overtime. Fuck strict curfew SUCKS. He didn't even get to do 'Gettin Up' or 'Vivrant Thing.'

So while all the teenyboppers were getting 'trashy trashy' at the presets, all the music-lovers were having a blast at the roots tent. Timetable worked out excellently for me.

All in all a good festival, so good that the rain didn't really bother me one bit (except when the festival ended).

shit review by a lazy me but meh

Last edited:

johnnypaul

HSC
I really wanted to her "Excursions", Q-Tip was even wearing a T-Shirt with the lyrics on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)