• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha :) (1 Viewer)

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

i think i've owned nearly every mac product and i think iphones come close to being the worst.

Sarebs

HSC
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

i think i've owned nearly every mac product and i think iphones come close to being the worst.
They're great but awful aren't they?! Great apps, really versatile, but texting is near impossible!

And to everyone who likes the aluminum macbooks, I'm shocked! My bro has one and I think it's horrible! It's either really cold or really hot, heavy, the trackpad it annoying and it's aesthetically not quite up to parr. I chose the polycarbonate one instead and don't regret it. But it can't do the four finger thing :(

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Did anyone see the add (by dell, or microsoft or someone?) where they went out and gave people $1000 to buy a laptop and everyone said 'I want a macbook but i can't afford one.'
Ha.
Ha. love it.

They're great but awful aren't they?! Great apps, really versatile, but texting is near impossible!

And to everyone who likes the aluminum macbooks, I'm shocked! My bro has one and I think it's horrible! It's either really cold or really hot, heavy, the trackpad it annoying and it's aesthetically not quite up to parr. I chose the polycarbonate one instead and don't regret it. But it can't do the four finger thing :(
Haha ... either your fingers are too fat or too thin.

Two options:
1. "Please apply more pressure" *stands on trackpad and jumps*... "Please apply more pressure" .... *Ah, fuck you apple*

2. "The apple trackpad cannot register how many fingers you are using, please relieve pressure" *takes fingers off and puts the down again*....... "Please use even pressure so the apple trackpad can record your command" : *takes fingers off and leaves them off*
.........................."Please step away from the apple macbook so your fat arse gravitational field doesn't fuck up the trackpad! Thank you."

In short. Fuck you apple! hehe.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

Lol... Really cold or really hot is expected with any type of metal... BUT, in winter, if you're resting your hands on the laptop, you can walk away for ten minutes and that places where you put your hands are still warm :D. Overall, it's still lighter than a majority of the laptops of it's size out there.

The reason the trackpad is 'annoying' is because of the fact that there is no dual-buttons. I got over this quickly. It's way easier to use than the old gen trackpad or windows trackpads.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Lol... Really cold or really hot is expected with any type of metal... BUT, in winter, if you're resting your hands on the laptop, you can walk away for ten minutes and that places where you put your hands are still warm :D. Overall, it's still lighter than a majority of the laptops of it's size out there.

The reason the trackpad is 'annoying' is because of the fact that there is no dual-buttons. I got over this quickly. It's way easier to use than the old gen trackpad or windows trackpads.
I have no idea how I'd adapt to only having one bloody button! I need another for comfort... haha. Well it's there and I often use the right click as well.

Dammit apple... be nice!

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

I have no idea how I'd adapt to only having one bloody button! I need another for comfort... haha. Well it's there and I often use the right click as well.

Dammit apple... be nice!
Lol. You can configure the 'no-button' trackpad to sense when you click with two fingers on it. That equals right click.

One finger click is left click.

Two finger click is right click :D.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

steve jobbs apparently loathes buttons. in the elevator at his apple office (or somewhere) there are no buttons whatsoever and the elevator stops at every single floor.

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

steve jobbs apparently loathes buttons. in the elevator at his apple office (or somewhere) there are no buttons whatsoever and the elevator stops at every single floor.
That'd fucking irritate me man. That's total OCD... >_>

If he doesn't like buttons, why doesn't he invest in levers?

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

That'd fucking irritate me man. That's total OCD... >_>

If he doesn't like buttons, why doesn't he invest in levers?
the amusing thing is steve jobbs probably works on the top floor.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

the amusing thing is steve jobbs probably works on the top floor.
I really hope so! ^^

Although I bet he has an underground one as well.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

so much tension i think my head's gonna esplode!!! :spzz:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

^ See that bottle of 'water' he's holding. It's not water.... and he's ready to throw the HCl (Hydrochloric acid) at Bill gates face!!!

It looks like mortal combat, for nerds.

That post will get +rep as soon as I can! I love that image hahaha

joshhunt

HSC

the thing is most of the things you guys are saying that windows laptop's have is not microsofts fault it is the hardware manufacturers!!
Such as visible air vents, durability, trackpad
I'm not saying that it is Microsoft's fault. I really don't care whose fault it is. All I care is that (in my opinion) Windows laptops tend to be bland and boring, and lack any real compelling features.

and the battery life is not good because of OSX it is good because of the battery itself, if you are actually going to use the battery life then buy a 6 or 9 cell battery for your PC that will last 5-9 hours depending on use.
I'm not too convinced on that one. I installed Windows 7 RTM on my Macbook and the battery didn't seem to last as long, especially after I shut the lid.

Sleep is yet another thing that no one else has seemed to get right, apart from Apple. At the end of every class I just quickly shut the lid and slip it into my bag and off I go. Next class, I open the lid and 3 seconds later I having a working wi-fi connection and I am checking reddit.

Joshhunt, you know what is a durable laptop, the MSI wind, i have dropped mine about 7 times it gets bashed around in my bag, it has fallen so hard the battery fell out, and it still works as well as the day i bought it with no more evidence then a scratch!
Agreed, the MSI Wind is very hardy, but most full sized laptops are not. I think netbooks might be able to get away with it a bit because they are smaller and can get away with being heavier (and thus be made of more durable materials)

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A

what features does a mac have that windows does not??? seriously.

Windows 7 sleep is pretty good too actually, i just have to figure out how to do it without having to press the power button to get it back on

Oh and OSX has been installed on PC's with similar battery time to that of windows 7

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

what features does a mac have that windows does not??? seriously.

Windows 7 sleep is pretty good too actually, i just have to figure out how to do it without having to press the power button to get it back on

Oh and OSX has been installed on PC's with similar battery time to that of windows 7
Basically all operating systems offer the same crap as the next one. It's all about individual choice.

In my opinion, It's linux that takes the gold (but probably because I hate conforming, but by hating conformism I'm just conforming to the non-conformist attitudes haha XD). In short, Mac and Windows are very similar, it's just probably aesthetics that attract people.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

^ Mac is based on Unix, and so is Linux
Therefore, Windows loses

chuboy

HSC

Everyone who is blaming Microsoft for crap laptop designs should remember the people who make laptops didn't make Windows, wheras Apple designed both.

Because of that, they know exactly what features will be most compatible with the software, etc. That's why the performance is 'better', though to be honest I have locked up OSX on many an occasion doing no more than basic computing.

Apple products aren't bad, just hilariosly overpriced. Oh, and if you work in IT, you will come to hate Apples, because they are so damn incompatible with Microsoft Windows Server.

C

copkiller

Just bought a Macbook today...woopie $3k but soooo worth it. I can fly or something lol I already know what all the fuss was about. I don't get viruses and all but ugh $3k....why Stevy why?!

Who else have love for all things nice and oh too shiny for apple?
This person sickens me.

Not because I care about the Mac v PC debate at all.

Just such awful expressions like "why Stevvy why?"

What a worthless piece of shit.

joshhunt

HSC

Apple products aren't bad, just hilariosly overpriced.
See, now I think this is where everyone gets it wrong. They aren't overprices, they are just high-end and expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)