Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha :) (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

Just reskin a ugly looking Windows laptop.

chuboy

HSC
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

I said just about anything, not everything. You don't have to get nasty about it. I'll agree that ipods are good for what they do, but as far as computers go, I'll stick by what I've said; I'll stick with Microsoft.

This is a bit off-topic, but has anyone heard about how Bill Gates won't allow ipods in his house? I know he's an ex-CEO of Microsoft, but it's kinda weird that he'd go that far as to not allow Apple-made technology in his house.
I'm no ex-CEO of Microsoft, but I still wouldn't allow Apple technology in my house. Maybe his reasoning is it's because they're crap and expensive, and not because they're made by a 'rival' company.

5233andy

HSC

Anybody else got Snow Leopard? I got it on Friday and I'm loving it!

I have 10.6. I'm really amazed at how my start-up and shut-down times have been halved, on both my iMac and Macbook. The change to the exposé function is a hell of a lot better than that of 10.5.

Best of all, upon finishing the installation, the 'Welcome' video is played again - I just love it. Also, the $39 price-tag will never be beaten by Microsoft.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A

Anybody else got Snow Leopard? I got it on Friday and I'm loving it!
you realise there is almost no difference between snow leopard and normal leopard this should of been a service pack it should of been free!!!
Windows XP sp2 had more changes then snow leopard from leopard.
If microsoft did this and claimed it was a new OS they would have bad publicity, apple does it everyone loves them

Last edited:

LordNecro

HSC

you realise there is almost no difference between snow leopard and normal leopard this should of been a service pack it should of been free!!!
Windows XP sp2 had more changes then snow leopard from leopard.
If microsoft did this and claimed it was a new OS they would have bad publicity, apple does it everyone loves them
They think we love them, i stand with uncle on this one.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

I've had both
apple is way better
the macs are faster, no viruses, better quality sound and picture
the only problem is that its harder to find programs for mac than it is for windows
they should make all programs work over both stations
...i'm intrigued... ohw the hell does it have "better quality sound"

as to the person who is going to eat their hats, I shall refer you to Alienware :)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

as to the person who is going to eat their hats, I shall refer you to Alienware :)
Which was bought over by Dell Computers and turned into the X series, over priced pieces of shit now.

chuboy

HSC

This was my only other thought, I did a quick price check for similar Apple/Alienware notebooks though.

Apple Mac Pro 15"
"Stylish" chassis + brand name
2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
4GB DDR3 RAM
250GB 5400RPM hard drive
DVD-DL Burner
NVidia 9400M graphics chip
Mac OSX
Subtotal: US$1699 with free shipping

Alienware 15" (customised to match MacPro where possible)
Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5GHz CPU
4GB DDR2 RAM
250GB 7200RPM hard drive
DVD-DL burner
ATI Mobility Radeon HD3870
Windows Vista Home Premium (waste of money based on this alone)
Subtotal: US$1499 plus shipping

And Alienware has a reputation for being overpriced. I was surprised too.

krayzie_

HSC

Itunes is shit, I only like the iphone - so handy

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC

Apple computers = expensive and pretty

That's about it, though. Buy a computer with the same specifications from any other company and I'll eat my hat if it's more expensive. It won't look as good, perhaps, but at least people won't look at you and think 'wow, that idiot wasted 500 bucks on a brand name"

BTW, Snow Leopard does sweet FA.
+ Rep man

izzy88

HSC

my mac book pro is named jean paul. he is beautiful. i would spend ell over three grand on him.

edit: but then again, i have always used apples, since the 'power pc' or whatever it was in the mid nineties. i have no idea how people even begin to argue that windows are better, and even if they were, im far too biased to see it...
same. My mum can only use macs so that's all we've ever had at home (there is actually a 'mac classic' from the early 90s sitting in a cupboard upstairs- that's how long we've had them!) I've been quite annoyed at people lately who stare at my (very beautiful and shiny) macbook pro and call me a crowd follower! I had macs even when they proved extremely temperamental and difficult and absolutely no one had them!. /rant

in any case- love apple. can't use windows to save my life. and i'm especially loving the 7 hours battery life on my new computer. :sun:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

Simple.

The standard headphone jack in a MacBook is a digital optical out with a nice preamp. That's why when you plug phones or speakers into it, there's a half a second delay for the sound to be routed through them. This allows you to run 5.1 surround straight out of the headphones jack (with a special TOS/TRS optical adapter or lead :D).

I own a MacBook Pro, as we exclusively use Mac at SAE... One thing though... I got my MacBook Pro for...

$500 :D.

Gotta love it when the school decides to pay for most of it because it's compulsory to have one.

ProTools, the industry standard recording program, is designed on Mac and ported to windows. Therefore Mac runs it better.

I've had and have both types. I'm one of those rare MacFanPCboy types. I agree that the Mac OS seems far more fluent and easy to get around, but the lack of entertainment programs such as games is a large turn-off. Personally, I prefer the functionality of the Mac OS on the MacBook trackpad as they have the four finger gestures. I get on my windows laptop and I just feel... Limited.

Customization issues are a thing of the past with Mac too. Mac customizes just as well as windows does... Just involves finding and downloading the right programs. Free customization programs etc. are easier to find for Mac I found, mainly because good ol' Stevie made it impossible to do anything otherwise, so 3rd party developers are thriving.
Uncle said:
I used Excel on a Mac in a Physics laboratory once and it was fucking excruciating due to the one fucking button mouse.
I reckon regular Mac users should have most of their fingers severed.
You CAN plug a conventional mouse into a Mac and actually use the right-click function. SHOCK HORROR! Apple even sell a two button mouse although I'd never use one... Mac mouses suck, are overpriced (like EVERYTHING APPLE EVER DOES [the bastards]) and the I-R laser they use is so inaccurate It's like picking up a ball-mouse and using it on your hand!

BootCamp etc. I wouldn't recommend. I had it on this beast and it just took up memory and slowed both OS's down with regular use. You'd need a large HDD for the computer to handle dual-booting and since Mac made it warranty voided to install your own... Good luck for under $250.

Mac's are generally considered an artists or business laptop and I can see why.

Moral =
Mac for work.
PC for play.

I'm sure you already know this.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

My god that was a long post. Sorry :D haha.

Uncle

Banned
HSC

You CAN plug a conventional mouse into a Mac and actually use the right-click function. SHOCK HORROR! Apple even sell a two button mouse although I'd never use one... Mac mouses suck, are overpriced (like EVERYTHING APPLE EVER DOES [the bastards]) and the I-R laser they use is so inaccurate It's like picking up a ball-mouse and using it on your hand!
yeah i dont think i can be messing around with lab property.

Mac's are generally considered an artists or business laptop and I can see why.
true considering many of its users are a typical group of fancy faggots.

Moral =
Mac for work.
PC for play.

I'm sure you already know this.
no not entirely true.

i said CATIA doesnt work.
next time i need to run engineering modelling and simulation programs i would use windows or maybe linux on workstations.

refer me to some guys who perform computational fluid dynamics simulations on macs.

until then macs are not entirely for work.

Last edited:

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A

tbh although i do like macs windows 7 pwns OSX

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

Simple.

The standard headphone jack in a MacBook is a digital optical out with a nice preamp. That's why when you plug phones or speakers into it, there's a half a second delay for the sound to be routed through them. This allows you to run 5.1 surround straight out of the headphones jack (with a special TOS/TRS optical adapter or lead ).

I own a MacBook Pro, as we exclusively use Mac at SAE... One thing though... I got my MacBook Pro for..
The same can be done with any laptop or computer, you are attaching a TOS/TRS adapter to the headphone jack, it could be any jack.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

The same can be done with any laptop or computer, you are attaching a TOS/TRS adapter to the headphone jack, it could be any jack.
Yes, it can be done... But most computers don't have an optical out.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC

Macs Suck
Apple Sucks
Itunes Bloody Sucks
Mac Keyboard: THE BEST!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)