Government Non-Selective Schools. (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hey, just thought I'd start up a thread to see who goes to Government schools that aren't selective. Just seems that the majority of the board is at either a private or selective school. What school do you go to?? Which Government (NS) School do you reckon is the best?

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
currently at a government non selective.

i reckon cheltenham girls is the best public skoool out there

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im at one and doing just fine. Although if I went back to the beginnning of Year 11 again Id change. Not for a better education just for the more formal, cultured environment.

s2ophie

HSC
I'm at a non-selective non-sydney government school and i hope i'm doing just fine!
:rolleyes:

Brianna

King of the World
HSC
I RECKON THAT MY SKOOL IS GREAT!
WAUCHOPE HIGH SKOOL!!!

IT HAS A GOOD REP FOR HIGH HSC SCORES!!:D

BUT I RECKON ILL LET EM DOWN THE WAY IM GOIN!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm also at a non-selective non-metropolitan government high school (Albury High) and I think we are given just as much as chance to excel as our city/private counterparts....

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by Brianna
I RECKON THAT MY SKOOL IS GREAT!
WAUCHOPE HIGH SKOOL!!!

IT HAS A GOOD REP FOR HIGH HSC SCORES!!:D

BUT I RECKON ILL LET EM DOWN THE WAY IM GOIN!
it does? mm never heard of it

hehe :confused:

is a roflcopter
HSC
do country people get +10 uai?

Brianna

King of the World
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
do country people get +10 uai?

supposibly we do...i havent heard anything new bout it but i hope that we get +10 becoz we dont have as good as resources as other city skools do...not that im complaining...

DID ANYONE GO TO THE HSC DAY AT SINGLETON HIGH BOUT 2 WEEKS AGO? NEONE GO TO THE ESSAY WRITING ONE?? IT WAS FAB!:)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I don't think that's true. However students may be considered as having a higher UAI by some unis when you apply (like if an Albury person applies to go to CSU they get 5 bonus points because of where they live), however I don't think you get extra points on your actual UAI, some unis just might give you more consideration.

Brianna

King of the World
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I don't think that's true. However students may be considered as having a higher UAI by some unis when you apply (like if an Albury person applies to go to CSU they get 5 bonus points because of where they live), however I don't think you get extra points on your actual UAI, some unis just might give you more consideration.

I THINK WAT WE DO GET IS +10 ON JUST THE HSC MARK NOT THE UAI......... WELL THATS WAT OUR YEAR ADVISER TOLD US BOUT 3 MONTHS AGO.....I DUNNO WAT DOING WITH IT

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I seriously refuse to believe that. I would love it if anyone had any proof to show that this is true??

is a roflcopter
HSC
dont you want 10 free marks or something?

Brianna

King of the World
HSC
I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS ABOUT THE FACT THAT US COUNTRY KIDS DONT HAVE AS MANY RESOURCES AS U...SO WE GET 1O EXTRA MARKS ON A BIT OF HSC PAPER! I AINT LYING..ME YR ADVISOR HAS TOLD ALL YR 12 THIS OKI..... DEAL WIT IT!

Brianna

King of the World
HSC
WELL WAT DO U HAVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THEN?

JUST BE THANKFUL THAT U GET XTRA MARKS!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I wasn't complaining. I just don't believe it because I haven't seen any evidence that this is true and it seems a little far fetched. Call me a skeptic...

However, if somebody has some solid evidence to present that indicates that this is actually true I will be pleased to hear it.

Brianna

King of the World
HSC
PRRFT I DONT CARE....BELIEVE WAT U WANNA BELIEVE DONT BELIEVE WHAT U WANT.... DOESNT WORRY ME!

BYE BYE

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
..Dunno about the +10 UAI points, but I think that if your from a non metro area, your given acess schemes into Uni, where you can get in with lower marks.. But only a few... just what I heard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)