GOVT1105 Geopolitics (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
what971 said:
Heard it from my tutor, having said that, I don't think she's the authority for the course, and could be totally wrong (I hope so).
I think Michael Fogarty is in charge while Sharni is away. You could try emailing him.

KarmaKitten

HSC
I haven't gotten my assignment back yet.

I didnt hear anything about having to do a different topic and I really hope thats NOT the case.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
KarmaKitten said:
I haven't gotten my assignment back yet.

I didnt hear anything about having to do a different topic and I really hope thats NOT the case.
It's not in the outline or on Blackboard, so it may just be that what971's tutor has the wrong idea.

cowchicken

HSC
N/A
WHAT DOEs it mean by "type of information provided?"

Does it mean what the article is about, therefore summarising it, or the article provides statistics, historical evidence etc etc

LOL.. awkward sentence

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Anyone else not able to open the assignment feedback document on Blackboard?

KarmaKitten

HSC
I just looked at it now.
it seemed very negative, i wonder if that means overall we did badly.

im glad for the comments though, seeing as my tutor didnt really bother commenting much on my paper at all

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Would've been great if they'd given these instructions, I don't know, before we did the asssignment.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
KarmaKitten said:
I have to wait till beginning of November to get my essay back?

What what?!
How are we going to know when we can pick them up? Will they email us or something?

KarmaKitten

HSC
I have absolutely NO idea. The tutor just mumbled 'early november, go pick them up'. I am assuming that will be the case.

I really hope one of the essay questions is on oil/resources.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
KarmaKitten said:
I really hope one of the essay questions is on oil/resources.
Ditto. Unfortunately they'll probably all resemble the incoherent wankery of the lecture on 'protest'.

Last edited:

KarmaKitten

HSC
I agree. I am 100% certain that protests are either one of the short answer questions or most likely one of the essay questions.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
KarmaKitten said:
I agree. I am 100% certain that protests are either one of the short answer questions or most likely one of the essay questions.
*sob* Why must lecturers delude themselves that their personal research interests are relevant to junior undergraduates?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
KarmaKitten said:
I'd rather protests movements than the politics of sports. Jesus!
However, at least we're certain that sports will be in the exam. I'll have to go over the lecture notes to work out what the hell it's all about, though.

dancegal

HSC
oh my gosh i am so screwed for this exam!!

i don't even get the format...despite the fact that i went to every lecture!....
okay so is this right: there are 3 sections, first has 12 questions on defintions -
1) How does Mackinder define the world heartland?
2) Guest Lectures on Geopolitics of Sport + Environment
3) stuff from articles
4) then the remaining 9 questions from this section are taken from weeks 5-13?? is that right??

...so then what are the potential essay topics? do we get a choice for them or not?? ahh my tutor wouldn't say ANYTHING about the exam !!

any help would be much appreciated :))

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
First section is 12 questions primarily from the readings (I think), including the one on Mackinder, and also questions re sport and envrionment. Second section is two essays from a choice of four, based on but not identical to the tute questions from weeks 5-13.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
There's a note on Blackboard saying that our essays should be available sometime next week. I can't believe it took them almost a month to mark them. They only had ~100 each to mark, my archaeology lecturer marked 80 in a week.

KarmaKitten

HSC
jeeesus. studying for this subject is soooooo boring. Plus the themes are so vagues. I'm just trying to pack as much as I can into my little head.

Atleast hsty1088 is interesting!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
KarmaKitten said:
jeeesus. studying for this subject is soooooo boring. Plus the themes are so vagues. I'm just trying to pack as much as I can into my little head.

Atleast hsty1088 is interesting!
Ugh, I ought to start studying for 1088 at some point. Also ANHS1005. I'm so screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)