Votes: 58 60.4%

• Total voters

ameher

HSC
Re: Graduation Day

tommykins said:
cried in chemistry today.

tomorrows jamberoo then graduation on thursday. fuck, i'll be a wreck
lolz dont worry ur not gonna be the only one, at my school we have beach day on thursday, n graduation on friday, cant wait 13 yrs coming to an end!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

ameher said:
lolz dont worry ur not gonna be the only one, at my school we have beach day on thursday, n graduation on friday, cant wait 13 yrs coming to an end!
haha it's so bad when one person speaks from their heart towards a teacher about how he's been an inspiration to us all, the emotion and wavelength of reminiscence is contagious.

ameher

HSC

tommykins said:
haha it's so bad when one person speaks from their heart towards a teacher about how he's been an inspiration to us all, the emotion and wavelength of reminiscence is contagious.
lolz thats true, was happening everywhere across school today. I still havent bought my teachers any presents, any ideas? im thinking i'll give it to em at grad.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

tommykins said:
tell me about it. at staff morning tea i gave my mentor/modern/ext history teacher a card and a gift and said something on behalf of myself and his classes..

and he got teary, and then i got teary, and then my girlfriends got teary, and iiii turned into a sooky lala

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

ameher said:
lolz thats true, was happening everywhere across school today. I still havent bought my teachers any presents, any ideas? im thinking i'll give it to em at grad.
Chem teacher - lab coat + signatures/messages
Math teacher - collage and mathematical joke tie.
english teacher - nothing afaik
physics - collage as well, few in joke things.

jibberish21

HSC

Zrap said:
Tomorrow: Last formal day of school/Muck up day
Wednesday: Slave Auction/Scavenger Hunt/Pub Crawl
Thursday: Breakfast at a park and lunch BBQ at the beach
Friday: Graduation
Friday Night: Get paro
Saturday Night: Get paro and go in town
same as my school. where abouts are you Zrap?

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

Went to jamberoo today, was pretty sweet.

Can really feel it ending now!

:(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

tommykins said:
cried in chemistry today.

tomorrows jamberoo then graduation on thursday. fuck, i'll be a wreck
Reading that post makes me want to cry too~ :mad1:

I seriously cannot imagine getting out there in 1 year time. :eek:

So what made you cry back in chem?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

lyounamu said:
Reading that post makes me want to cry too~ :mad1:

I seriously cannot imagine getting out there in 1 year time. :eek:

So what made you cry back in chem?
Our Chem teacher is probably the best teacher within the school, I'm sure he's a favourite to almost anyone who does chem. Which is surprising as he's only been at our school for 3 yrs. In class he's able to muck around with us (as is his personality) and we don't really see him in the light of only a teacher, but also a great mate. Every class is full of laughs and jokes, his antics and want to make us laugh made every period enjoyable.

Despite his goofiness, we had a heart to heart where he gave us a speech. It was inspiring, something along the lines of -
"Look, you guys will succeed in whatever field you do, maybe you won't make it into medicine the first time, but you can find something else to do and you will succeed. Don't worry and stress about the HSC, make most of your time but do not have regrets. I can tell you here and now, and I'm not just saying this - this job can get really crap, but it's very rare where I can go to a class, be confident and act the way I am (a goose at that) and just enjoy every lesson with you guys. You could put a monkey in charge of you (although you probably already do have one) and you'd still succeed. It has been a priviledge, and if I were to leave you with one sort of advice per se, it'd be - live life honestly. People make mistakes all the time, but dishonesty is what detriments your relationship with others. "People can forgive stupidity, but they do not forgive dishonesty"
We then had our school captain hand (whom was in our class) hand him the lab coat present and made his own speech. He only stated what we were all thinking, so much emotion didn't hit me until his voice started to break. Our chem teacher was always willing, always there for a laugh, always wouldn't mind us mucking around - acting our age, but he was able to be serious when needed, and that's what made him so special.

Half the class cried, including 6-7 boys (out of 24ish or so). But really, the past 2 years in Chem have been great, I'll miss it dearly and I'll be sure to try to visit our chem teacher here and there.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Re: Did you cry during Graduation?

Not during graduation, but during the luncheon where people were actively trying to make me cry. Then the boys sang a song and it was all over.

I guess you don't realise that it's actually your graduation. Takes a bit of convincing.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Re: Did you cry during Graduation?

theshortykatt said:
yes/no?

and what caused you to shed tears?
Yep, fucking bawled from principals speech onwards.

In my own speech I held it up pretty great until right at the end. Tom, who was presenting the gift while I spoke, pretty much hugged me til I couldnt breath and thus couldn't cry.

When we all left the hall, thattttts when everyone let loose.

I think I was just overwhelmed. Its quite surreal still and I keep randomly wanting to cry.

Last edited:

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
mine is this friday =)
haha the whole year is having a champagne breakfast at a persons house and we are having an afterparty at another persons house so we will be tipsy before and drunk after lol

smart attire for a graduation would probably be smart casual, kinda in the middle of casual and formal.

i dont think ill cry

xJennax

HSC

Thursday: Normal day but one period will be spent practising the ceromony.

Friday:
Morning:
Presentation assembly (we wear uniform)
Afternoon: Lunch with staff,students and parents
Night? I have no idea.

Our school formal isn't until after exams.

jessi90

HSC

nope, wasn't too attached to this school

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

tommykins said:
Our Chem teacher is probably the best teacher within the school, I'm sure he's a favourite to almost anyone who does chem. Which is surprising as he's only been at our school for 3 yrs. In class he's able to muck around with us (as is his personality) and we don't really see him in the light of only a teacher, but also a great mate. Every class is full of laughs and jokes, his antics and want to make us laugh made every period enjoyable.

Despite his goofiness, we had a heart to heart where he gave us a speech. It was inspiring, something along the lines of -

We then had our school captain hand (whom was in our class) hand him the lab coat present and made his own speech. He only stated what we were all thinking, so much emotion didn't hit me until his voice started to break. Our chem teacher was always willing, always there for a laugh, always wouldn't mind us mucking around - acting our age, but he was able to be serious when needed, and that's what made him so special.

Half the class cried, including 6-7 boys (out of 24ish or so). But really, the past 2 years in Chem have been great, I'll miss it dearly and I'll be sure to try to visit our chem teacher here and there.
Ah~~what a great piece of memory that you shared there.

I have few teachers like that and I definitely think I will miss them dearly if I were to leave them.

HSC
i didn't cry during the graduation. but after, our english teacher came around and handed us all this story that he'd written for us which was really sweet, because there was a comment on everyone written into it. mine was: 'with her came (my name) with her ready wit and engaging charm. She brought a smile to every face'. that made me cry, because it kind of hit me that i probably won't be seeing my teachers again... all of them are pretty awesomesauce. i'm going to miss everyone :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)