• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Green Day with Simple Plan (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
WTF is with u guys and simple plan.. they're exactly like green day but new.
no simple plan are whingy bitch ants who directly aim their music at 12 year old girls who are dealing with the terrible angst of losing their year 7 boyfriend... simple plan blow... the end

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
What's so much less philisophical about bitching about losing a girlfriend and "boulevard of broken dreams", it seems to be the same crap, just less obvious.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
What's so much less philisophical about bitching about losing a girlfriend and "boulevard of broken dreams", it seems to be the same crap, just less obvious.
quite right... im not talking about the lyrics im talking about the annoying nasal sound of simple plans lead singer's voice... he sounds like a pre pubescant teen complaining saying that adults "dont know what its like"... fuck off dickhead everyone was a teen like you... it just doesnt fit
its like fred durst the 30 year old singing about his g g generation... his generation all have jobs and kids... what a fuckhead : )

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i'm just not a fan of simple plans music it shits me
i like the darkness cover... i thought it was cool...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
yeh.... simple plan & green day are kinda similar.... but not. green day are like a mature version ? eh.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
i heard from a good pal,that somepeople got to go on the stage like 2 guys and a girl and got to keep the equipment of Green Day,and also sum guy pashed the lead singer

but it does sound good though:)
too bad im not really"into"that kinda music

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Reshie said:
i heard from a good pal,that somepeople got to go on the stage like 2 guys and a girl and got to keep the equipment of Green Day,and also sum guy pashed the lead singer
yes they played the beginning of a song together

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
that's cool, if u just hate the sound of the band then that's fine.. lol
wait, when i say they have shit songs that means i'm concerned about image, but saying you don't like the sound of the band is ok?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
mizz_smee said:
i'm just not a fan of simple plans music it shits me
i like the darkness cover... i thought it was cool...
are you deaf? it was fucking butchered. the simple plan guy just cannot sing high enough and was constantly going off key

trees

HSC
Simple plan & Green Day COncert was sooooooooooo good...the guy who got to kiss Billy Joe OMG so jealous

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Annegelic said:
^ lol whut the ? a GUY pashed billie joe ??!
yes coz he got to play his guitat on stage and then keep it...
i was so jealous too... i wanted it to be me...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
omg omg they sing shit songs!

It sounds to me like you have an image problem, this is called user-image marketing. You support green day because they project an image which you want to be like, you don't support simple plan because they are marketing an image you don't want to be associated with.

My suggestion - Forget about image, they're just singing some songs, who gives a fuck if 13 yo girls like them?
Ok first off:

User image marketing is aimed at the prepubescent teen market and is done so on the basis of a calculated amount of clever marketing, cliche and niche songs, and the image of the band itself. (for simple plan)

The Green Day image has changed radically, in that they used to be aimed at the post-grunge era of youths with their angst ridden Dookie, but since Nimrod has grown to a mature and more general area.

"You support green day because they project an image which you want to be like, you don't support simple plan because they are marketing an image you don't want to be associated with." Congratulations, you win the prize for identifying the key concept in your argument. It IS an unlikeable image, and one which is aimed not at us, but those who are in a certain category, "ie, Emo".
Not-That-Bright said:
Your second point is that plain stupid. Inherently any song can be stripped to form a skeletal philosophical backing of "losing a gf" but that would be stupid to do so.

Boulevarde of Broken Dreams is NOTHING like I'd Do Anything, any right minded person would tell you that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)