Green Day with Simple Plan (2 Viewers)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Annegelic said:
yeh.... simple plan & green day are kinda similar.... but not. green day are like a mature version ? eh.
That is the worst thing ive seen in this thread .... *shakes head*

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
^^^ lmao... i can't explain it. spose they are different.
don't mind me, i'm still reeling by the fact billie joe pashed a dude.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
I didn't go. thats what people said he did. billie joe got some random guy to go on stage and play his guitar, then kissed him afterwards.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
AsyLum said:
Ok first off:

User image marketing is aimed at the prepubescent teen market and is done so on the basis of a calculated amount of clever marketing, cliche and niche songs, and the image of the band itself. (for simple plan)

The Green Day image has changed radically, in that they used to be aimed at the post-grunge era of youths with their angst ridden Dookie, but since Nimrod has grown to a mature and more general area.

"You support green day because they project an image which you want to be like, you don't support simple plan because they are marketing an image you don't want to be associated with." Congratulations, you win the prize for identifying the key concept in your argument. It IS an unlikeable image, and one which is aimed not at us, but those who are in a certain category, "ie, Emo".

Your second point is that plain stupid. Inherently any song can be stripped to form a skeletal philosophical backing of "losing a gf" but that would be stupid to do so.

Boulevarde of Broken Dreams is NOTHING like I'd Do Anything, any right minded person would tell you that.
AsyLum u just love green day, hatred of other bands or thinking other people are more stupid cuz they like a different type of music proves you're probably an idiot.
I don't like simple plan, or in particular green day, tho i do have some green day songs on my pc.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"AsyLum u just love green day, hatred of other bands or thinking other people are more stupid cuz they like a different type of music proves you're probably an idiot."

?! So where did i say that liking a different type makes you an idiot? I said that the marketing is focused upon this tension, and that is inherently through the media and the marketing. Additionally, you yourself merely expressed the general idea in this debate, different bands are marketed for different people. I never denied that. Am i not allowed to make a preference?

You stated that a = b and i said it wasnt. Thats all i can see that might be debatable.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
NTB if you don't like GD, why do you have some of their songs on your comp ?
just curious.

tempco

HSC
Annegelic said:
NTB if you don't like GD, why do you have some of their songs on your comp ?
just curious.
Nothing wrong with that... I have a few rap songs on my hard drive... and I absolutely hate rap.

BTW, Greenday rocks, and I missed them on TV :(

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
hmm im not 100%
but green day were on tv?
do u mean foxtel type tv... if it is im glad u missed it :mad:

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Simple Plan were just shit. Their songs are shit, their set was shit, and all that lame fucking "Australia's my favourite country in the world" (although, yeah, GD did it too) shit was just annoying. And then the singer came on with a fucking Australian flag. That's just fuckin stupid. Fuckin hell, there's just nothing good about them - they're manufactured, bland, unoriginal bullshit. And yeah, that probably sounds like elitest shit, but it's the fuckin truth - they could be any number of other pop-emo-punk bands with bland songs and shit stage presence.

And yeah, what happened (I seriously don't think this was set up, cos the chick on bass was shithouse and had to be helped and then didn't get anything at the end) was that Billie Joe got three people up on stage (he asked them if they knew how to play first) and the guitarist they got up was sick so BJ gave him the guitar. The drummer was pretty sick too so BJ got him to stage dive. The dude that was given the guitar hugged BJ so BJ kissed him (or pretended to, I was to far back to see if it was for real).

But fuck the Superdome. Seriously. I thought it'd be easy to sneak down onto the floor, but they stamped your ticket and gave you a wrist band so you couldn't get on the floor/use somebody else's ticket to get on the floor. And then they blocked off the front half of the floor for the first 500 people who arrived anyway, even though most of them did nothing for the entire concert except just stand there.
I still managed to sneak down though - me and my mates jumped the fence when the secca's weren't watching. One of my mates got caught by this fat chick secca though - it was damn funny to see her run into the crowd after him and then tackle him.

It was a sick concert, although they did the sing along thing a bit too much. All the props and shit they used were cool as well - lots of fire, fireworks, explosions and shit. And at the start they had these Nuremberg-style flags that they let fall from the ceiling half way through American Idiot.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
Simple Plan were just shit. Their songs are shit, their set was shit, and all that lame fucking "Australia's my favourite country in the world" (although, yeah, GD did it too) shit was just annoying. And then the singer came on with a fucking Australian flag. That's just fuckin stupid. Fuckin hell, there's just nothing good about them - they're manufactured, bland, unoriginal bullshit. And yeah, that probably sounds like elitest shit, but it's the fuckin truth - they could be any number of other pop-emo-punk bands with bland songs and shit stage presence.

And yeah, what happened (I seriously don't think this was set up, cos the chick on bass was shithouse and had to be helped and then didn't get anything at the end) was that Billie Joe got three people up on stage (he asked them if they knew how to play first) and the guitarist they got up was sick so BJ gave him the guitar. The drummer was pretty sick too so BJ got him to stage dive. The dude that was given the guitar hugged BJ so BJ kissed him (or pretended to, I was to far back to see if it was for real).

But fuck the Superdome. Seriously. I thought it'd be easy to sneak down onto the floor, but they stamped your ticket and gave you a wrist band so you couldn't get on the floor/use somebody else's ticket to get on the floor. And then they blocked off the front half of the floor for the first 500 people who arrived anyway, even though most of them did nothing for the entire concert except just stand there.
I still managed to sneak down though - me and my mates jumped the fence when the secca's weren't watching. One of my mates got caught by this fat chick secca though - it was damn funny to see her run into the crowd after him and then tackle him.

It was a sick concert, although they did the sing along thing a bit too much. All the props and shit they used were cool as well - lots of fire, fireworks, explosions and shit. And at the start they had these Nuremberg-style flags that they let fall from the ceiling half way through American Idiot.
The crowd didnt move, what do u expect their punk, what the hell is there a mosh pit for anyway, its not like ur moshers

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Monkey Butler said:

yeah when billie joe got the guitarist up on the stage he kissed him and then when he gave him the guitar the kid kissed him but not pashed. I was right up the front!!! It was awesome except for simple plan. There were so many ppl there with simple plan shirts on though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)