what should i expect?
any tips?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i took one at bunnings

really its a whole lot of luck

try to talk a lot make it seem like youre involved

other than that everybody will perform at an adequate level so its just a guessing game of who will be picked

(i failed btw)

MysteryGenius

HSC
kay
lol yeah that's what people have been telling me so far - to talk a whole lot and show initiative, enthusiasm n shii
aw that sucks >.<
but thanks :)

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Expect a lot of loud mouth pushy older woman.

They'll ask you to devise some lame marketing strategies like how to market Easter.

Eg. Bunny foot prints on the ground, putting easter egg packets near the registers and tv adds for easter or bunny cut outs.

You basically have to try and be heard and look like your getting involved. Don't let those pushy loud mouth women stop you from talking and don't let them steal your ideas.

They'll also probably give you a customer service scenario.

Eg. You work in a hotel and a couple find their room has been double booked and you don't have any spare rooms of their quality avaliable. So talk to the manager offer them an upgrade and maybe a buffet voucher or something.

They ask those types of things. You get a lot of people turning up in thongs, shorts and singlets. Just try to look professional.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Its quite a lot of group work and you get seated on group tables.

They come around and access eac group.

Speak clearly and don't be too scared to jump in to the convo.

You'll be fine. Good luck.

MysteryGenius

HSC
must spread rep >.<

but thanks a bunch for that!
i really appreciate it :)

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
It's okay.

Good luck. Coles is very lovely and regimented on the registers. They make sure you get your breaks etc. Sometimes when they are busy they forget and youll have to tell them your break is due.

I've worked for Coles and DJ serving customers and I have to say I liked Coles more because they stuck to the award more than DJ's did.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Expect a lot of loud mouth pushy older woman.

They'll ask you to devise some lame marketing strategies like how to market Easter.

Eg. Bunny foot prints on the ground, putting easter egg packets near the registers and tv adds for easter or bunny cut outs.

You basically have to try and be heard and look like your getting involved. Don't let those pushy loud mouth women stop you from talking and don't let them steal your ideas.

They'll also probably give you a customer service scenario.

Eg. You work in a hotel and a couple find their room has been double booked and you don't have any spare rooms of their quality avaliable. So talk to the manager offer them an upgrade and maybe a buffet voucher or something.

They ask those types of things. You get a lot of people turning up in thongs, shorts and singlets. Just try to look professional.
Woolies and Big W are pretty much exactly the same.

Jaundice is pretty much spot on. Make sure that you're actually heard, otherwise you won't have much of a contribution. Try and think of innovatively, look for new approaches and ideas that aren't the obvious choices (though try not to be too outrageous). Keep a warm and friendly attitude, and don't let it drop until you've completely left the vicinity.

MysteryGenius

HSC
It's okay.

Good luck. Coles is very lovely and regimented on the registers. They make sure you get your breaks etc. Sometimes when they are busy they forget and youll have to tell them your break is due.

I've worked for Coles and DJ serving customers and I have to say I liked Coles more because they stuck to the award more than DJ's did.
okies :)
thanks ^.^ haha that's great
i really hope i get this though xD i'm tired of being poor all the time

MysteryGenius

HSC
Woolies and Big W are pretty much exactly the same.

Jaundice is pretty much spot on. Make sure that you're actually heard, otherwise you won't have much of a contribution. Try and think of innovatively, look for new approaches and ideas that aren't the obvious choices (though try not to be too outrageous). Keep a warm and friendly attitude, and don't let it drop until you've completely left the vicinity.
roger that xD

riteshn

HSC
N/A
Be confident & show a great positive attitute, 95% of times people are selected not of good education but of having a good & positive attitute

MysteryGenius

HSC
they want people who'll stay there forever and ever and ever and ever and ever...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)