Guide for Bio (1 Viewer)

Azurie

HSC
Im trying to decide between getting a cambridge revision book for biology or getting a Macquarie Revision guide ? Can anyone please recommend which one I should get, or recommend other guides?

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
DOT POINT.

it's like 44.95 but worth it. goes through every outcome, and has answers. none of the bookshops around where i live stock it so i ordered from the publisher and they sent it right away.

but have a look if anyone's selling one on here, i wish i had before i ordered mine :rolleyes:

LoneWolf1990

HSC
This not only applies for Bio but for every other subject regarding revision books, this is what one of my tutors say, 'they are just like people, they are all different, they have their good sides and bad sides and there are some which are entirely bad, if there was the 'best' one there would only be one type around.' in other words, no book is entirely perfect, but out of the ones you thought of, I'd say Macquarie.

Mr Integrity

HSC
I would have to recommend the Macquarie Book. I was getting 60's in bio but after using the book, my content knowlege increased immensely and this reflected in my half-yearly mark of 81%. It worked for me.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
-note to self... buy Macquarie Revision Guide-

=D

12o9

HSC
carrots please! said:
DOT POINT.

it's like 44.95 but worth it. goes through every outcome, and has answers. none of the bookshops around where i live stock it so i ordered from the publisher and they sent it right away.

but have a look if anyone's selling one on here, i wish i had before i ordered mine :rolleyes:
Ouch. $44.95. Don't you think that's a bit expensive? I think my school sells it for half the price. Maybe it's just me, but Dot Point seems to be a bit too brief =/, its pretty much the same as writing a summary for each syllabus dot point except more expensive. But then i only have the year 11 Dot Point book, so yeah, I wouldn't know.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I havn't seen cambridge bio but it seems that cambridge sucks in everything except for 3/4 unit math. I use Macquarie and thinks it pretty good except it doesn't have biotech option.

My chem teacher claims that Dot Point, if you do and understand everything in it, gurantees a band 4, the rest is up to you.

white ferret

HSC
i detest dot point with a vengence.. it's wayy to brief. the notes ur teacher give should b good so dont forget bout those. i personally prefer cambridge, but they miss a few points here and there. but hey, im still doing fine. =)

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
I use Cambridge AND Macquarie =O

Cambridge doesn't try as hard as Macquarie to make the book look nice and friendly though.

There's good and bad about both. Cambridge is sometimes more precise, and gives more detailed explanations, while Macquarie is sometimes like...only covering the basics.
I guess it's best to have more than 1 reference material.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)