the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by coroneos
If any of you are thinking of doing this combination:

4unit maths
3unit english
2unit physics
2unit chemistry

Ummm you wouldent be able to do that combo anyway you need atleast 4 subjects, chem/physics comes under that banner 'science' you only have 3 subjects there...

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by Tenille
Ummm you wouldent be able to do that combo anyway you need atleast 4 subjects, chem/physics comes under that banner 'science' you only have 3 subjects there...
*nods*

my friend is doing that but she has biology as well

stargaze

HSC
re to tenille:
i am doing:
3U maths
3U eng
2U Biology
2U Chemistry
2U legal // 2U economics
.. i thought this was ok (?)

coroneos

Change Biology with like Business Studies
And do Legal Studies instead of economics. It is much more interesting.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Hang on...Physics and Chem is pretty good. Its not too hard to do but it has heaps of scaling so it is possible to attain a high UAI. You just learn the concepts and your set. No need to practice essays, learn quotes of by heart or get confused by the style and structure.
In subjects like Physics and Chem you know where you went wrong and why you went wrong because everything is defined. That also means you can't waffle on as well.
It all depends on what you like and what sort of person you are.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by stargaze
re to tenille:
i am doing:
3U maths
3U eng
2U Biology
2U Chemistry
2U legal // 2U economics
.. i thought this was ok (?)
Yeah its fine.

Your first subject would be maths,
Second, english,
third, science.
and i am guessing forth either legal or eco.

To get a UAI you need atleast 10 units and 4 subjects (plus a couple of other things) but yeah of course that is fine :D

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Originally posted by Tenille

To get a UAI you need atleast 10 units and 4 subjects (plus a couple of other things) but yeah of course that is fine :D
Really? You need 4 subjects?
Does Maths Ext 2 count as two?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Taken from: 'STUDYING FOR THE NSW HIGHER SCHOOL CERTIFICATE AN INFORMATION BOOKLET FOR YEAR 10 STUDENTS, 2002' page 8

Study requirements

English is the only compulsory HSC subject.

To be eligible for the award of the HSC you must satisfactorily complete at least 12 units in your preliminary study pattern and at least 10 units in your HSC study pattern.

Both Study patterns must include:
[*]at least 6 units of board developed courses.
[*]at least 2 units of a board developed course in english.
[*]at least 3 courses of 2 unit value or greater.
[*]at least 4 subjects.

You may not count more than 6 units of Science courses towards the minimum 12 preliminary units or 10 HSC units required for the award of the HSC.

In the preliminary study pattern, Senior science may not be studied in combination with either Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Earth and environmental science.

Originally posted by deyveed
Really? You need 4 subjects?
Does Maths Ext 2 count as two?
Im not sure, im thinking it would count towards one, but ask your maths teacher :D

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by deyveed
Hang on...Physics and Chem is pretty good. Its not too hard to do but it has heaps of scaling so it is possible to attain a high UAI. You just learn the concepts and your set. No need to practice essays, learn quotes of by heart or get confused by the style and structure.
In subjects like Physics and Chem you know where you went wrong and why you went wrong because everything is defined. That also means you can't waffle on as well.
It all depends on what you like and what sort of person you are.
i agreee.. theres like no set answer or a set way to do english... thats why i think its so hard.. whether as chem /phys/ math... theres a definite explanation for your mistakes...

Giant Lobster

HSC
omg thats it this anti-ism u have against the sciences is not only getting annoying on the basis that u have no foundation on ur claims other than personal experience, but its also offensive! i love my sciences! unlike stuff like legal, ur either right or wrong. and if ur wrong than ur an idiot cos its friggin easy imo. :)

dont listen to him kids! chem and phys if ur a logical / mathematical person! legal if u wanna do law, eco / business if u wanna wear a suit when u grow up :p

Tocatina

I think its importnat to find a balance between what you like and what you are good at? If you are really good at physics say, but absolutely hate it, you may consider choosing it. Also If you absolutely love physics, but aren't good at it, I would suggest picking it. Remember in most cases practise makes perfect! A lot of people say pick what you like, but when the HSC comes around, what you like doesn't really matter, its what your good at!

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
then what is it ?
its a novelty event for the scientifically impaired; much like what the paraolympics are to a disabled athlete. lol!! omg ok i mightve offended some ppl. sowee :p

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
its a novelty event for the scientifically impaired; much like what the paraolympics are to a disabled athlete. lol!! omg ok i mightve offended some ppl. sowee :p
grrrrrrrrrrr....... :mad: you'll be sorry one day when i'm in uni doing a science degree with you and i'll be way ahead kicking ur ass when ur doing ur stoopid bridgin course :p ahahahaa

praise897

Alcoholic
HSC
Originally posted by stargaze
how do u ppls find economics?
atm i am starting yr11 (im in yr10 currently) with 14 units - and will toss up between economics and legal early on.. so ill be down to a reasonable 12 units.. juss wondering how economics is - ive heard a lot about it: very hard, boring and hard to get high marks.. but ppl who have done it: ur opinions?
ive heard from students in 11&12 that its very dull and boring.. but not so hard to score high marks if u try..

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
grrrrrrrrrrr....... :mad: you'll be sorry one day when i'm in uni doing a science degree with you and i'll be way ahead kicking ur ass when ur doing ur stoopid bridgin course :p ahahahaa
A science degree, with biology, why dont you just do an arts degree*.
Go BE's.
*Xayma is in now way implying that a BA is actually a degree in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)