Guide for year 10 students (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Does n e one know if SDD scales the same as 4 unit maths?
Nowhere near as good~!

4unit maths
3unit english
2unit physics
2unit chemistry
how is that illegal... so many of my asian frnz are doing this combo

And do Legal Studies instead of economics. It is much more interesting.
fwar king shit ... we have to listen to him coz he's always rite ...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::

how is that illegal... so many of my asian frnz are doing this combo
It isn't it satifys all critea.
  • 6 units from Board Developed Courses (including English)
  • at least 3 courses of 2 unit value or greater
  • at least 4 subjects
  • no more than 6 units of Science

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
exactly wot the hell were ppl on about saying ur not allowed to do that ... eg :
Ummm you wouldent be able to do that combo anyway you need atleast 4 subjects, chem/physics comes under that banner 'science' you only have 3 subjects there...
oh btw coroneos is gay he msn's me asking for answers to the physics trial when he says he doesnt give a shit about physics and hates it...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
exactly wot the hell were ppl on about saying ur not allowed to do that ...
They are confusing the board of studies definition of subjects from "Studying for HSC 02"

A subject is the general name given to an area of study; a subject may offer one or more courses...
English, Mathematics, History, Studies of Religion, Music, VET frameworks and some languages are subjects that offer more then one course. The other subjects each offer one 2 unit course
Courses are the actual class you take. Notice that the list doesn't include Sciences, which means they are seperate subjects. But what it does mean is you cant have the following combination
  • 4U Maths
  • Ancient History
  • Modern History
  • Advanced English
As History is the one subject.

HSC
now THAT part is true! only do senior science or no science at all if you're not interested in science-related careers.

coroneos

well you can do sciences for only two reasons:

1) If you are doing medicine related courses.
2) If you are willing to devote 60% of your HSC to studying 2x more content than a normal 2unit subject!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by coroneos
well you can do sciences for only two reasons:

1) If you are doing medicine related courses.
2) If you are willing to devote 60% of your HSC to studying 2x more content than a normal 2unit subject!
Well I don't fall into either of those categories but I did them because
  • I will do better at them then social science subjects*
  • They are interesting, alot more then economics or anything
* Xayma is in no way implying that a social science course is to be considered a subject.

picaresque

HSC
Pfft. The sciences aren't as tough as people seem to make out. If you study and you understand the concepts - BINGO. You're set. And on top of that, the scaling really is quite compensatory.

It's the subjects where you can study and understand the concepts and STILL not be sure of doing well that you have to worry about.

coroneos

Originally posted by picaresque
Pfft. The sciences aren't as tough as people seem to make out. If you study and you understand the concepts - BINGO. You're set. And on top of that, the scaling really is quite compensatory.

It's the subjects where you can study and understand the concepts and STILL not be sure of doing well that you have to worry about.
Have you seen how many times thicker a physics book is than a legal studies or business studies book?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Have you seen how many times thicker a physics book is than a legal studies or business studies book?
The thickness of a book really doesn't indicate anything about the toughness of the subject. It just means theres more memorisiation of facts and while you have to understand and explain concepts and their effects you dont have to decide yourself what they are. Its like an English test might have two q's, that are 2lines each it doesnt mean its easier then General Maths which might have 12questions.

picaresque

HSC
Actually, I never have seen a legal studies or buisness studies textbook. Those subjects scale so poorly our school doesn't bother with offering them to us. Nevertheless, I'm quite certain my Agriculture textbook is thicker than any Physics or Chemistry textbook, but I would be hard pressed to call it a tough subject.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
Well I don't fall into either of those categories but I did them because
  • I will do better at them then social science subjects*
  • They are interesting, alot more then economics or anything
* Xayma is in no way implying that a social science course is to be considered a subject.
*shows Xayma the door*

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Tenille
*shows Xayma the door*
Wow thats such a pretty door, mind if I walk through it :).

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
hmmm.. legal involves hell more reading than physics does... and thus more shit that the author has blabbed on about... in addition :

Originally posted by picaresque

here here :)

psycho_mushy

HSC
biology is the hardest to understand science don't get me wrong!

you have to pay attention... its not blacka and white like physics and chemistrty..... you have to actually think dammit!

lucigrace

HSC
hey guys i am doing
3 unit ext. english
general maths
bio
geo
business studies
and pd /h pe wat does everyone think of this combination??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)