Half Yearlies RANT, MOTIVATE + DISCUSS (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Mine are less than two weeks away :0

The good thing is we only have to rock up to school when we have an exam in that week, and I have one full day off. Bad thing is most subjects I'm woefully unprepared for :speechless:

I'm feeling most apprehensive about Bio and Chemistry. Most prepared for Economics I think. Annoying thing is I have a research task + assignment to do at this time to do at this time too!

How are all you guys feeling?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Very good, I am feeling more motivated than ever. Good luck with your half yearlies. You have your half yearlies too early!

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Half yearlies already? I think I have mine mid term 2.
When do you guys to yearlies then? So early :O

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Been procrastination much of this term, I was disappointed at my marks so far. I need to get cracking.

Kanane

HSC
N/A
Good luck for your half yearlies!
I have 2 more to do and then I'm done. I can smell freedom!

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Been procrastination much of this term, I was disappointed at my marks so far. I need to get cracking.
Yo.
How many extension math exams do you have this year?
Is it normal to only have one exam this year with a 100% weighting?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I have like around five 3 unit and five 2 unit exams, done one 3 unit and two 2 unit and a few topic tests. I think the maximum weighting is 40% and minimum is 5%.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
I have like around five 3 unit and five 2 unit exams, done one 3 unit and two 2 unit and a few topic tests. I think the maximum weighting is 40% and minimum is 5%.
Is that a rule, that the maximum weighting of a single exam is 40%?

Gigacube

HSC
Mine don't start until the beginning of Term 2.

I'm feeling good. Not stressing or anything. Pretty chilled.

I'm happy with when mine are on. 3 in the first week and 3 in the second week. I don't have 2 or more exams in one day so that is great.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
My school is supposedly going to cram all our exams into one week, so it's likely that people are going to do 2 exams a day.

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Do you guys have half yearlies? Wow, at my school, we don't have it from now on. Just constant exams and assessments ... is that normal?

Anyways, I just completed an English in-class essay, Mathematics (2U) exam, Chemistry Practical and Religion Essay ...
We got back Maths and English , and got full marks for English and 58/60 for Maths.
Meh, I wasn't all too impressed with maths, i was hoping was 100% but ugggh!

Anyways, I hope you guys are going great! Don't give up hope! Just remember, these two years will the best and worst, and just imagine a few more months, and we will be free to do whatever <3

annagurl

HSC
N/A
I shall write something motivating for whoever is reading this:

Don't give up. These are the years that will determine what you will be doing for the next few years of your life. You're close to the end of the road, just a little more perseverance and patience and you will be rewarded greatly at the end of your high school road. Stay motivated, everything counts.
People may say that this is only prelim, but essentially, it's practice for the real deal, the HSC.
Establish a good study regime, find out what works for you. This is your experimental year, don't waste it.

...Was that motivating? ;]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)