• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Half Yearly Exams (1 Viewer)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Wow wow wow! You're scaring me. Er... which school are you from anyway? If it's a good school, I don't know, you're gonna get 99+ with that sort of rankings.

tambourine

HSC
no way!!
r u serious?????
omgosh this is so exciting!!!

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tambourine

HSC
i got a question...um what sort of rankings do u need in a small school...coz thats where i go..a small school lol...to get high 90's UAI?
is it in the top 5? or top 3? or?

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Er... I think I'll make an abitrary answer for it since we all know it depends on how smart your cohort is as well. My school has about 130 in my year but my class ranges from 9 to 18 only so I don't think it's accurate enough to judge that I'm going to get 99+ tho I rank first in everything, right? But who cares? As long as you come first and you're damn smart, you can still get it.

Here are what the duxes from my school got:
2003: 99.95 (maybe there was another one got 100, I'm not very sure)
2004: 99.75
2005: 98.95
2006: 98.75
2007: 98.6
(a terrible trend)
The number of students is pretty stable but you can see, it all depends on each individual.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Undermyskin said:
You haven't told me the name of your school, I suppose. Don't say you meant you're from one of the top 10 schools in that answer already????
Probably not. All the top 10 ranking schools cannot be considered 'small' since they are either Selective or Private High Schools that average around 150-200 per year group.

narrowpin

HSC
jeahsen said:
English Advanced 31/35 (=3rd outta 120)
English Extension ???
Maths 81/96 (6th/70)
Maths Ext 1 54/81 (probably about 30th/60)
Economics 66.5/80 (15th/44)
Ancient History 43/60 (5th/38)
Visual Arts ???

dyu rkn i can get over 97 UAI with my marks so far?
no idea what im doing as yet but u can prob tell i aint gona do nething health related. I'll probably hit the ave. for ext english and VA i shuld be n top 5 outta 17 people.

cheers
i dont understand how ur marks are pretty low yet ur rank is really good.......and normo is a bit inconsistant when it comes to HSC performances, i.e. the year they got 0 band 6's in english. Anyhow, with those sort ranks ur probably gonna get high 98 if not 99.

KatPadackles

HSC
Hey guys, since we are talking about ranking and schools, let me just clear something up.

Okay so if you go to a not so smart school, but you do really well in your HSC, does that mean you get marked down because your school isn't as good at the others? This stuff is so confusing!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
KatPadackles said:
Hey guys, since we are talking about ranking and schools, let me just clear something up.

Okay so if you go to a not so smart school, but you do really well in your HSC, does that mean you get marked down because your school isn't as good at the others? This stuff is so confusing!
if you do well in your HSC AND you have a decent ranking at your school (say top 10) then you will NOT get marked (scaled) down.

mollycoddle

HSC
I don't get my half-yearly results until school goes back.
I can't wait. I seriously keep checking my sorroundings just in case one of my teachers is nearby (very unlikely), hoping that i can finally have some resolution.
And the thing is, I really have no idea how I went.
Is any one else excited?

noreaction

HSC
I just got back my maths results...I'm in yr 11 doing accelerated maths

2 unit - 96% (i couldn't solve a simple algebraic equation :( ) [Tied 1st]
Ext 1- 88% 1st by a mile
Ext 2 - 90% 1st by two miles

I admit it's a lot easier studying for these when I don't have to worry any other subjects for the HSC.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
noreaction said:
I just got back my maths results...I'm in yr 11 doing accelerated maths

2 unit - 96% (i couldn't solve a simple algebraic equation :( ) [Tied 1st]
Ext 1- 88% 1st by a mile
Ext 2 - 90% 1st by two miles
You do all three exams???

I am accelerated as well but I only do two.

I got 100% and 97% respectively, coming equal first and first respectively.

LoneWolf1990

HSC
Unlike most people around here I have my 1/2 yearlies in a couple of days, English first, shouldn't be too hard I hope(physical journeys-Skrzynecki), I'm definately better than I was this time last year, back then I didn't know what I was preparing for and you can guess what happened last year, it had been a really long time since I bought home a good result and now I'm kinda unsure of myself although I really 'terminated' the various assesments that came my way I'm still unsure if I will do well or not. Has anyone else been in the same boat? where you did horribly in recent times but studied now and unsure if you will actually do well?, for me its been a while.

BTW, any tips for Paper 1-English?

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
mollycoddle said:
I don't get my half-yearly results until school goes back.
I can't wait. I seriously keep checking my sorroundings just in case one of my teachers is nearby (very unlikely), hoping that i can finally have some resolution.
And the thing is, I really have no idea how I went.
Is any one else excited?
same here
im getting mine back next week hopefully
i am uncertain of how well i went seriously...
I have a scenario, lets say i get 2 or 3 1st places and the others top 5
the marks will be >80 and maybe even >90 for some
lets say the people in my class are average
do you think i could get a UAI over 90?
maybe not the best place to place this but oh well :)

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
lyounamu said:
You do all three exams???

I am accelerated as well but I only do two.

I got 100% and 97% respectively, coming equal first and first respectively.
Nice marks man. I'm glad all your hard work is paying off :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
LoneWolf1990 said:
Unlike most people around here I have my 1/2 yearlies in a couple of days, English first, shouldn't be too hard I hope(physical journeys-Skrzynecki), I'm definately better than I was this time last year, back then I didn't know what I was preparing for and you can guess what happened last year, it had been a really long time since I bought home a good result and now I'm kinda unsure of myself although I really 'terminated' the various assesments that came my way I'm still unsure if I will do well or not. Has anyone else been in the same boat? where you did horribly in recent times but studied now and unsure if you will actually do well?, for me its been a while.

BTW, any tips for Paper 1-English?
Well for the Creative Writing task and Section III, you should have a plan or prepared story/essay already that can be easily integrated to any question that might be given. For Section I, know your language techniques, and use reading time effectively to work out how you will be structuring your answers. Remember:

T- Technique
E- Example
E- Explain

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
i dont officially get my result back til tuesday, but i attacked my modern history teacher in the mall today, and he said I got 98%.
first, by a lonnng shot.

=]
im looking forward to going back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)