• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Half-Yearly Thoughts (1 Viewer)

lovenotwar

HSC
eh i think i did ok but not great. dreading getting ext english back.. really stuffed that up.
i feel alright out maths and english though. fingers crossed i do wellll

eliseliselise

HSC
our school did our half yearlys at the end of last term... i did alright top 4 for everything. some of the tests were hilariously retarded, and didn't follow the syllabus OR the outline -twitch twitch- but that is ok... it all works out fair in the end, eh?

eliseliselise

HSC
Aerath said:
You're scarily smart elise.
lol i try, but if you take the school that im at into account, its not really that scary at all...

lyounamu said:
I feel threatened by her awesomeness.
i've never felt so flattered!! :'( brings a tear to my eye... excuse me!! however, lyounamu you are my inspiration, and next year when you top the state in ext 2 maths and cosmology, with your UAI of 109; i will remember you!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
eliseliselise said:
i've never felt so flattered!! :'( brings a tear to my eye... excuse me!! however, lyounamu you are my inspiration, and next year when you top the state in ext 2 maths and cosmology, with your UAI of 109; i will remember you!
Hahahahaha... let's not talk the impossible. *me fail my Asian pride* :D :D :D

Aplus

HSC
N/A
eliseliselise said:
our school did our half yearlys at the end of last term... i did alright top 4 for everything. some of the tests were hilariously retarded, and didn't follow the syllabus OR the outline -twitch twitch- but that is ok... it all works out fair in the end, eh?
Aerath said:
You're scarily smart elise.
lyounamu said:
I feel threatened by her awesomeness. :D
I don't get it. What did she say that was so awesome?

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lovenotwar said:
eh i think i did ok but not great. dreading getting ext english back.. really stuffed that up.
i feel alright out maths and english though. fingers crossed i do wellll
Wow you had an exam for Extension English? What did you do? I didn't have one, but I had a 40% assessment task 2 weeks prior to the exams for Ext. Eng.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
I don't get it. What did she say that was so awesome?
I'm sorry, I guess Top 4 isn't good enough for you.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
english adv: ok, i didn't finish one sectionmaths: ok, hoping in the mid/high 80sbusiness: i think i did wellmodern: i think i did welllegal: reasonably satisfiedreligion 1u: okext1 maths: FAILED

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
eliseliselise said:
My economics test was about 40% economics from the syllabus, 30% buisness studies, 30% economics not in the syllabus.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
My school doesn't have half-yearlies for year 11.

weird. there's not much pressure.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
foram said:
My economics test was about 40% economics from the syllabus, 30% buisness studies, 30% economics not in the syllabus.
man that's weird. Isn't it suppose to be 100% from the syllabus?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
man that's weird. Isn't it suppose to be 100% from the syllabus?
I know! I was like :confused: all through the test. I swear the teacher was trying to give buisness studies students some kind of advantage, and she copied part of the buisness studies test and put it in the economics test i think. Half a question was talking about petrol and the other half was refering to the petrol as mobile phones. Im like :burn: when I think about it.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
foram said:
I know! I was like :confused: all through the test. I swear the teacher was trying to give buisness studies students some kind of advantage, and she copied part of the buisness studies test and put it in the economics test i think. Half a question was talking about petrol and the other half was refering to the petrol as mobile phones. Im like :burn: when I think about it.
:eek: that's pure evil. I'd seriously take the piss out of my teacher if she did that, but she's nice and she stuck to the syllabus.
What's petrol got to do with economics anyways? Unless you're talking about scarcity or resources or something like that

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
foram said:
That's just stupid. Whenever anything goes wrong with you, your first port of call in terms of the blame game is your teachers, followed by your school, then the Department of Education, then the Federal Government, then your friends, the UN, President Bush, and finally your family.

And how would you know that the teacher was trying to give BS students an advantage? You're just jealous that some girl probably beat you, yet again.

Pink Oni

HSC
I just did my Physics test and it was a disaster! I didn't study wave properties and like all of the test was waves lol. I totally guessed it.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
What's petrol got to do with economics anyways?
I do not do economics, but I can see how petrol can have a lot to do with it:
  • Rising oil prices
  • US housing sub prime crisis
  • Cost of food rises
  • Cost of general affordability of maintaining decent living standards rises
  • The economy is under pressure
  • Recession
As I said, I don't do economics, so forgive me if I am wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)