Halo 3... (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i prob wont even get the gayme at launch.

and i got more stuff from the street teams today: XBL Arcade Unplugged and Blue Dragon. Also got a case of V (as the next party will be for 20+ people.

Am on 3 referrals atm, with a few more to come over the next week

Supermodified

HSC
Nice. Did you check out that Red vs Blue thing? I thought the game was shit, and told them so.

I also been thinking about a Red vs Blue stunt to do, but as of now, I can't some up with anything. I'm not really sure what they want us to do.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah i thought it was pretty shit but the charity thing was good.

what is the red vs. blue thing? i dont get it?

Supermodified

HSC
stazi said:
yeah i thought it was pretty shit but the charity thing was good.

what is the red vs. blue thing? i dont get it?
Yeah, totally agree, the charity thing was quite good. The whole site was pretty well designed, it was just that game.

And the Red vs Blue thing is where street team members have to organise "Red vs Blue stunts" (I have no idea what they mean by this) to help hype up Halo 3. Because, you know, all the merchandising and advertising that MS has poured into this game isn't enough. Oh, and I shall see you at your 21st for sexyfuntimez.

HSC
Just finished playing through it, definitely grabbed my attention a lot more than the other two did.

Probably makes it sound a bit brief but to be fair I didn't really let up too much today, and I don't think it felt all that much shorter than anything else I've played through recently (then again, a lot of games seem a bit on the light side these days in terms of play time).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wow :S that was a quick finish. when did you get your 360?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush, that's really quite ... I don't know, sad maybe? To finish a game before it's even released in some territories. If it were me, I'd at least savour it a little (but then I'm an FF man, so it's impossible to finish in 24 hours). Then again, going by a lot of reivews, Halo 3 is all about the multiplayer. Sure, you might not like IGN and the like (I'm no fan of them), but when they all agree on that (and that the single-player campaign is a little weak in terms of length), they must be doing something right.

Also ... I'm taking it you didn't enjoy Halo 2's ending (going by your comments on how this game took you in)? What is it with gamers and the inability to appreciate a cliffhanger ending?
Billy Corgan said:
Are there any cheats out for Halo 3?
You kiss your mother with that mouth? Real gamers don't use cheats. We don't need them. We respect the developers enough nott o cheat in their games (unless it's in multiplayer and the cheats make for hilarity, like paintball). If you can't finish a game on a normal difficulty without cheats, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised. Cheats do nothing for a game other than make it shorter and reduce the replay value.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Real gamers don't use cheats. We don't need them. We respect the developers enough nott o cheat in their games (unless it's in multiplayer and the cheats make for hilarity, like paintball).
...You do realise that the developers are the guys who put those cheats in, in the first place?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
what kind of douche writes a whole paragraph on how cheating is morally wrong and not in alignment with the hardcore gaming way, anyway?

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
ogmzergrush, that's really quite ... I don't know, sad maybe? To finish a game before it's even released in some territories. If it were me, I'd at least savour it a little (but then I'm an FF man, so it's impossible to finish in 24 hours).
I have a pretty hectic schedule at the moment, but needed a bit of a distraction from it. In a way, it is a little bit of a letdown to breeze through it so fast, but on the other hand it was a really enjoyable "day off".

This way it's a thoroughly entertaining experience which is pretty much non-stop fun gameplay, rather than a drawn out affair, eating up slabs of my days on and off, and fluctuating between massive entertainment and tedium. There's a place for each, of course, but I find the shorter ones just fit better with my commitments at this point in time.

That said, I only played on normal difficulty, so when I have time again I'll be able to get a fair bit more time out of it on the harder difficulties. On top of that, like you said, there's multiplay! :)

ObjectsInSpace said:
Also ... I'm taking it you didn't enjoy Halo 2's ending (going by your comments on how this game took you in)? What is it with gamers and the inability to appreciate a cliffhanger ending?
Not so much that. While I found the cliffhanger to be a little more abrupt than I'd have liked, I appreciated its role in attempting to build anticipation for the next game, and that was probably a factor in me finding this one a little more compelling.

I think ultimately cliffhanger endings are fine in games, as long as there are clear indications that it's on the way (something I didn't really get much of in Halo 2). That probably seems counter-intuitive, given the suspense-building and excitement that the cliffhanger is meant to provoke, but at the same time, I think it helps to ease the "rudeness" of it. What I mean by this, is that when I finish a game, I prefer an ending which delivers some sort of satisfactory conclusion to at least some of the things going on in that installment, as opposed to suddenly feeling a little bit cheated, and becoming aware that I have to wait for the next one to continue the story. This feeling of being cheated is magnified by the lengthy development cycles generally involved, as that energy and interest in the plot, and the suspense which has been developed, for me at least, flags while awaiting the next one.

My comment is more based on the fact that I'm developing an increasingly short attention span for games, and this one was satisfying enough for me to play through it in such a short time, while with the others I'd get bored (through monotonous level design, getting lost, frustrating checkpoints, or just a general feeling that I'd had enough and needed a break), and as a result would complete them over a few days on and off as was the case with Halo 2, or over the space of maybe a fortnight or so with the original.

Er, not so brief, but I guess that's everything for now :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
...You do realise that the developers are the guys who put those cheats in, in the first place?
Perfectly aware. But I'm also pretty sure that they add it in to enhance the game in some ways, not to make it easier on the first time through. Adding a new dimension is fine by me, it's using cheats to make the game easier or make you look better that pisses me off.
ogmzergrush said:
I have a pretty hectic schedule at the moment, but needed a bit of a distraction from it. In a way, it is a little bit of a letdown to breeze through it so fast, but on the other hand it was a really enjoyable "day off".

This way it's a thoroughly entertaining experience which is pretty much non-stop fun gameplay, rather than a drawn out affair, eating up slabs of my days on and off, and fluctuating between massive entertainment and tedium. There's a place for each, of course, but I find the shorter ones just fit better with my commitments at this point in time.
Yeah, that's the way I play these days. Mind you, it's a little counter-productive when you're up against FFX's Sanctuary Keeper (biggest pain in the proverbial).

As for cliffhanger endings, well, I know a lot of Halo 2 fans who were expecting mroe and didn't realise what Bungie were doing. A few of them even thought the game was incomplete. Oddly, they seemed to understand what was happening at the end of shows like Heroes and season two of House when they ended in cliffhangers ...

Last edited:

Beege

HSC
zcb666 said:
Love this game! Awesome on live!!
sure is, one of the best multiplayer games around. I can compare it to the likes of goldeneye and perfect dark. Funny story my team flipped the opposite team's elephant over on sandtrap lol. I will try and take a picture from the saved film.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)