Handwrite or type Essays (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
When you all write practice essays and such, during the draft stage, do you write them out or do you handtype them? I want to write it out so then I can practice writing speed and such but if I make so many mistakes when writing essays, I will need to rewrite the whole essay from scratch again which is a hastle but if I handtype them then it is easier to edit however, I will not be able to practice writing it out efficiently

If I were to hand write essays though, how would I eliminate/prevent careless mistakes (such as not being extensive in required sections, not being clear or specific enough, not using enough quotes, etc) which will force me to rewrite the whole essay again?

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A
Assuming your essays are going to be assessed by your teacher/tutor, writing it out by hand is better. I don't see how making a lot of mistakes is a bad thing and trying to avoid this by typing. As you make mistakes, you can rectify them immediately or list them out for future reference.

For the second paragraph, you just answered your own question. i.e. rectify the mistakes you've listed and just practise.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
When you all write practice essays and such, during the draft stage, do you write them out or do you handtype them? I want to write it out so then I can practice writing speed and such but if I make so many mistakes when writing essays, I will need to rewrite the whole essay from scratch again which is a hastle but if I handtype them then it is easier to edit however, I will not be able to practice writing it out efficiently

If I were to hand write essays though, how would I eliminate/prevent careless mistakes (such as not being extensive in required sections, not being clear or specific enough, not using enough quotes, etc) which will force me to rewrite the whole essay again?
I would say type it because even if you make NO mistakes writing the whole draft, you're still going to have to edit it heaps and keep changing lots of things which typing is useful for. Just write it later (adapting to practice questions) when you finished the final draft.

aoc

HSC
what i did during my hsc and what worked very well for me what doing what pikachu975 said

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I would say type it because even if you make NO mistakes writing the whole draft, you're still going to have to edit it heaps and keep changing lots of things which typing is useful for. Just write it later (adapting to practice questions) when you finished the final draft.
What would u change though? Sentence structure, topic sentences, thesis statements?

SuperAltastic

HSC
Through my HSC I always typed up one draft and edited it 5-6 times by showing it to many teachers, then practiced that essay under exam conditions hand writing it with different questions, this is because I memorised my essays.

aoc

HSC
What would u change though? Sentence structure, topic sentences, thesis statements?

In class your teacher might bring up a good point that you might want to put in your essay instead of something you already have or you might find a better way to phrase something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)