Handwrite or Type notes? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi everyone

This year I've been summering all my notes by handwriting them into different books following the syllabus, this has been extremely time consuming but has become second nature.
For year 12 Im wondering if i should switch to typing them so i have more time for practise questions/review/exams etc.

So, just wondering how y'all produce your notes, and do you think i should switch to typing them?

Happy Prelims

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
For anything except maths, I highly recommend typing notes. And then practising past papers by hand.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi everyone

This year I've been summering all my notes by handwriting them into different books following the syllabus, this has been extremely time consuming but has become second nature.
For year 12 Im wondering if i should switch to typing them so i have more time for practise questions/review/exams etc.

So, just wondering how y'all produce your notes, and do you think i should switch to typing them?

Happy Prelims
All up to personal preference! I wrote mine for biology because it was part of homework and it was fine while for physics I just used notes from online (since it didn't need much of my own understanding/own wording, but rather it needed me to understand content that was already existing). I think typing is faster and you can edit your notes more but some people memorise more easily while writing.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Handwriting notes is meant to make it easier to remember them. You could do summaries by hand but the longer notes typed?

MONONYMOUS

HSC
I recommend typing notes if you have a small amount of time to finish everything, and practicing past papers by handwriting. If you're worried about your hand getting tired during the test or not being able to write fast enough, I'd get a pen weight.

I've been using a pen weight for all my homework and most of my classwork (especially Math), and it is much harder for my hand to get fatigue. On top of that, I write a bit faster. It might sound stupid, but it actually works. Even my old English teacher recommended it and said that his previous students experienced advancements in their handwriting abilities due to using the weight frequently.

Here is a link to a website where I bought mine, https://writeweight.com.au/
Some people just tape batteries to their pens/pencils but I found this easier to use.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Typing let's you re-order everything at will, which can be really useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)