Hardcore studying for half yearly exams? (1 Viewer)

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
How much time are you dedicating to study for your half yearly exams?
For me, I'm cramming in about 4 hours a day and 6 hours on weekends

jessxxr

HSC
dayummmmm 4 hours a day? i wish i was like that :(
i probably do like 1-2 hours a day, depending on how lazy i feel, but on the weekends i do maybe like 4-5, so i guess that kinda makes up for it

clissold

HSC
Its sort of difficult to study at the moment because we are still learning content that will be assessed in our half yearlies, and will continue to do so until the week before them..

Due to this, homework usually takes me a good one and half to two hours each night and then I use the rest of the night to study. Between now and the time that half yearlies come around (about three weeks time), Ill have been studying approx 3-4 hours per weeknight and then as much as I can be bothered to do on the weekend.

zxreth

HSC
done and dusted! just today infact... hehehe

determine

Premium Member
HSC
when I was doing my hsc, I never really thought about hours, but now that you mention it, I was doing 4-6 hours on weekdays (depending on my extra curricular commitments) and 8-12 hours on the weekend, because I started early and finished quite early in the night, i.e. 5.30am/6am until about 6/6.30pm at night, so then I could have my msn and facebook and telephone chats and games for 3-4 hours before I went to bed :)

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
With half yearlies being next week for my school, I've been doing roughly 2ish hours each night, however that varies as some days I have offline classes such as History Extension which takes up time that would be spent studying. Then a few hours on Saturday. Thursday and Sunday I work, so not much studying gets done then either. =/ But, I really don't evaluate studying in terms of hours spent, but rather what is learned and what information has been reinforced. Good luck everyone with your Half Yearly Exams. n_n Hope the studying is going well for all.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Remember guys, you're still allowed to relax once in a while.

LonelyWolf

HSC
@ determine 4-6 hours, how!? did that time include homework then study?

For the next two weeks, I'll be doing 4 hours on weekdays, including homework (only in first week). Weekends, I'm aiming for about 5 hours on Saturday and 6 hours on Sunday. I don't have exams for Modern and Ancient, we're doing speeches, so that will require a little bit of time.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Homework generally is not part of study.

For me anyway, I've had little to no homework which allows me sufficient time nightly for study.

K

khorne

lol...if you have to study 12 hours to grasp hsc content, you are legit a dumbarse.

And even now, no one gives a shit about your 3rd in eco, given it's fucking easy anyway, so what use is it. Stop being dumbarses and study a little, enough to get some decent marks (not that fucking hard) and then call it a night. There is nothing in the whole HSC syllabus which should challenge you, except maybe english, cause it's shit.

Shers

HSC
N/A
I'm doing far too little. I need to actually stick to my study timetable. *flails around*

jamesfirst

HSC
6 hours a day. It's easy to fill it up. After my exams I'd come home, rest a bit then do 2 hrs of past papers for chem phy math or w/e

And rest a bit. Then at night I would do about 3-4 hours of study. :)

I've done it for 2 terms now so it will be easy haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)