Hardest Humanities subject(s)? (1 Viewer)

photastic

HSC
Economics is challenging, most important part of is applying knowledge. Definitely regret rote learning it for my half yearly :(

iStudent

HSC
Is Eco harder than any of the sciences?
definitely not chem or phys imo
eco has next to no calculations (hard ones) whereas the sciences can have calculations that trip people over.
Although eco requires research into current events, it's still heapssss easier than learning about the moles concept or understanding special relativity, lol
can someone explain why a subject such as eco scale as high as the sciences? I just don't understand :(
(i do eco and the 2 sciences btw)

photastic

HSC
lol can someone explain why a subject such as eco scale as high as the sciences? I just don't understand :(
(i do eco and the 2 sciences btw)
Scaling is a sophisticated algorithm, depending on so many factors. There's gossips about the quality of the students doing science, where people who are lazy and incapable are just doing it because it's "high scaling," distorting the alignment of the marks. Some underestimate the difficulty of economics, only theory but it's not just that (devo). Tbh, the quality of economics students is roughly the same as the science subjects. Idk I'm just an observer :p

dim-sims

HSC
Why is that in your case?
1. I have a teacher that can't explain concepts (or anything for that matter) very well. I get that blaming teachers isn't a good excuse but seriously, I feel like I'm teaching myself half of the time.
2. Just so so so much content IMO.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmmm interesting. Why do you find it easier?
In comparison to chem, I find that economic concepts are super logical. Piece these classical concepts with real world examples, which can be found through simply reading the news, and that's pretty much economics.

Large parts of chem seem to be remembering tedious bits of info, that I can't see in the real world.

Maths is by far and away my favourite subject, but I think I prefer economics and legal to chemistry and physics (which I dropped after Y11).

photastic

HSC
In comparison to chem, I find that economic concepts are super logical. Piece these classical concepts with real world examples, which can be found through simply reading the news, and that's pretty much economics.

Large parts of chem seem to be remembering tedious bits of info, that I can't see in the real world.

Maths is by far and away my favourite subject, but I think I prefer economics and legal to chemistry and physics (which I dropped after Y11).

Haha maths is my fav, no notes required, yeah chemistry is a lot harder and some stuff is stupid, e.g. Ethanoate yep very helpful. The reason why I don't like economics is how boring some of the concepts can really be, like globalisation compared to exchange rates.
Seems like you're a HSIE student, maybe Business Studies would've suited you better.

Last edited:

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I'd say Ancient history is definitely up there, but I'm not sure if it's the 'hardest' subject as I haven't done economics. At times, it can get really dry, content wise, and the sheer amount of details, names and dates that you have to remember can get pretty difficult. Though having done both ancient and modern, I think it's safe to safe that ancient is harder than modern, mainly because of the levels of dryness that ancient can become at times.

Funky Tiger

HSC
N/A
I did Economics, Legal Studies, Modern History and Ancient History and to me it's Economics >>>>>> Modern history > Ancient History > Legal Studies

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
People in my class who do both Modern history and Economics, claim Economics is harder.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha maths is my fav, no notes required, yeah chemistry is a lot harder and some stuff is stupid, e.g. Ethanoate yep very helpful. The reason why I don't like economics is how boring some of the concepts can really be, like globalisation compared to exchange rates.
Seems like you're a HSIE student, maybe Business Studies would've suited you better.
Yeah sometimes i regret not doing business, but then i see 10 dropkicks in each business class, and I'm like "nahhh all gee".

Especially nexusbrah, he is the most annoying of them all.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Yeah sometimes i regret not doing business, but then i see 10 dropkicks in each business class, and I'm like "nahhh all gee".

Especially nexusbrah, he is the most annoying of them all.

You fkin w0t m8.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Dat 89 in business studies for me didnt't count as my 10 units.

matchalolz

HSC
eco is sort of hard because there's a lot to remember and my memory is non-existant but the concepts are very straightforward to understand and its very common sense and relatable to the real world. i do find eco more interesting than business studies which also has quite a lot of content, and i'm actually motivated to study for eco because i like it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)