Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Kujah said:
Are house-elves capable of committing murder? :confused:
I think so. they have powers wizards and witches don't. Plus, im pretty sure some house-elves have been committed of murder-like the one in the 6th book.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
cute.asa.button said:
Yeah, i love luna. She was really good in the movie too actually. Her and lucius are about the only two characters i think are exactly how i imagined them onscreen as to how they were in the book. Except possibly luna's bizarre accent in the film, but it works i suppose!

PS. ShiftyIceQueen, love the signature, lol!
Haha, yeah. Lucius Malfoy was played pretty good, and his appearance was what I expected him to have.

I still think Richard Harris played a better Dumbledore than Michael Gambon* :(

HSC
lisajf said:
Yeh i love Minerva in the film i think she is exactally how i imagined her aswell. As much as i love hermione i hate the way they have turned her into a glamour barbie. she is meant to have bushy hair dammit and big teeth!!
But they say that her looks begin to change later on...

The guy who actors as Lucius is hectic, and yes i agree with ^^ the new dumbledore is evil! Stupid Gandalf didnt accept! :mad1:

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Reallly!? shit i didnt know that lol i have only read the books once and the 6th twice. i thought her looks changed only at the ball but maybe not lol

HSC
^^Yeah so doesnt that mean she changed? Because they didnt really mention anyones looks after then.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Well in the films I reckon Hermione's appearance definitely started to change in the Prisoner of Azkaban.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Well that makes me like hre even more.

Whats are the chances of hogwarts reopening does everyone think

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
I don't like the eyebrow thing emma does, but i think she is good [even though everyone seems to hate her].

But the guys are better..at least Lucius and Severus are! Soo good! Lol i watched the first movie before the book and hated Severus! <3 reall good acting

5 days left :eek:

Edit: I doubt Hogwarts will re-open this year, i think it'll re-open after Voldemort is finally destoryed. Also they don't have all their teachers, and the parents wont send their children back...so yeah no way

HSC
agreed the current dumbledore is crap. He actually looks scared everytime something mildly dramatic happens instead of looking unbelievably calm and always polite and unconcerned like he should, he wasn't wearing his half moon spectacles in the fifth movie hardly at all, and his voice is too harsh - he speaks to sharply. He is almost mean, which is the opposite of dumbledore. And he is too fat for dumbledore.

Minerva is another character who is almost perfect as well. And filch. Didn't really tihnk about them, but they are acurate. Snape is pretty good too, but a little chubby.

Does anyone else hate the death eaters outfits in the movie ootp?? They are terrible!

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Yeh and in the 4th movie he goes hay wire when harry's name is drawn out of the goblet! Totally out of character and turned me off the actor major! completely agree with u on that one

EDIT: yeh about hogwarts not reopening...DAMN! i really liked the setting of it. Hope imnot disappointed lol

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha, Snape is also palyed pretty well, like in GoB. He rolled his sleeves back and forcibly pushed the back of Harry and Ron's head to the table.

Or when he hit Ron's head with a book in OoTP when he sniggered about Umbridge's interview :D

greed the current dumbledore is crap. He actually looks scared everytime something mildly dramatic happens instead of looking unbelievably calm and always polite and unconcerned like he should, he wasn't wearing his half moon spectacles in the fifth movie hardly at all, and his voice is too harsh - he speaks to sharply. He is almost mean, which is the opposite of dumbledore. And he is too fat for dumbledore.

Minerva is another character who is almost perfect as well. And filch. Didn't really tihnk about them, but they are acurate. Snape is pretty good too, but a little chubby.

Does anyone else hate the death eaters outfits in the movie ootp?? They are terrible!
And I don't like how he ties his beard :(

I love it how Filch hops around - its so hilarious :D

The Death Eater's costume was alright, but I liked the ones that they wore in the Goblet of Fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
i think malfoy is also really good. i cant fault him really

HSC
lisajf said:
i think malfoy is also really good. i cant fault him really
:uhhuh: Tom Felton is awesome! But they don't show much of him, which pisses me off, its all about Harry :mad1:

Neville is good..

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
I just want Snape to die :)
haha, thats what i used to say, but i think that theres more to him then what meets the eye :p

lisajf said:
I ordered mine from borders same policy applies?
jhakka, works at borders...you could ask him

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I never imagined Trelawney to look like how she's portrayed in the films :eek:

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Yeh something about Snape is missing he cant just be what he has been portrayed to be. I mean dumbeldore trusted him continually that has to mean something

HSC
yes, maggie smith (minverva) is just excellent - she does a really good job and is probably the best actor there - which is expected considering her experience etc. Emma Watson makes me not like Hermoine. Omg and dont get me started on the dumbledore man... esp that scene when harry's name got called out of the goblet - it was like he was gonna kill harry! and the death eaters look like the ku klux klan in the fourth movie and their masks were really strange in the fifth. The new directors after the 2nd movie SUCK big time - they ruin it all.

Anyway - yay, i can't wait for the book to come out. I am going to completely ignore the HSC and read HARRY POTTER!

HSC
Tom Felton isn't bad. He was a bit like ew in the first few movies, but he has definitly become better looking as he has grown up and now i quite like him.
I must say i don't like his hair tho. HE should have it just kinda soft, shorter and just left to spike etc on its own like in fanfic pictures rather than slicked back. IT would look a lot hotter!

ON the death eaters! Arrgh, they aren't supposed to wear shiny, man in the iron mask style creepy (and all different!!!) weird metal masks. They are supposed to be heavily hooded so you can't see their masks and it is just black under their hoods and if you did have to see their masks, they would just be plain and black leather, unadorned and nothing except eye and mouth holes.
Black leather masks hidden by hoods all the way! none of this shiny, modern art looking bling.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
And aren't the Dementors supposed to be robed as well?

HSC
Yes Trelawny!! Crazy and completely wrong!!!
Seriously don't get me started on everything that is wrong with the movies!!
Including, and possibly most annoyingly, the castle!! Completely not how i imagined it - makes it hard to relate the action to the books because i see it all sooooooooooooo differently!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)