Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
I hope it's not going to be last time :( There were so many people crowding for the HBP when it came out in the first day. Nearly got squashed :eek:
i hope you dont get squashed this time, but hey! its the last book, and im assuming that book stores will be crammed :s

HSC
lol, agreed about the fast posting - each time i wrote a post it would come up about 6 posts after the one i was replying to because all of those had been written since i started mine!!!

Can't wait - likewise lisajf, i want to read it slowly, but i am soo worried that i will get to school first thing monday and someone will say "Hey what did you think of harry dying" or something and boom, its all ruined.
I'll read it fast to get the facts then reread it more slowly for fun...anyhow, should go to bed now - back to school tomorrow. We had a staff day today, haha!! that was nice but despite two weeks of break, i haven't done all my homework. Probably shoudl have been doing it instead of posting on here...woopsy

Kujah

HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
i hope you dont get squashed this time, but hey! its the last book, and im assuming that book stores will be crammed :s
Especially if I'm going to get my book at 9:01am :D

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'm sure people have speculated on the ending countless times before this but I think Harry will go away, the same way Frodo went away in LOTR and the Pensieve children left the "real world" in Narnia, and Will Turner in POTC.

Other possibilities I've thought of but would be a real let down are he'll go insane or lose his magical abilities or even be cursed to forget everything (and so either end up at St Mungo's as a terminal patient, rather like Neville's parents, or live life as a normal Muggle). Or die.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
I think Harry will go away, the same way Frodo went away in LOTR
Yeah, I think that might happen. I don't think Harry will die, but who knows (cept Rowling herself :D). The ending of LOTR was pretty sad though.

J

jhakka

Guys, while I appreciate the discussion going on in here (and there is some good stuff going on), can we keep the spam to a minimum? Thanks.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Next movie comes out on the 21st of november next year

whats spam

J

jhakka

Spam being posts for the sake of posting (without real content, etc).

cuppy

HSC
N/A
theres no chance that the book will completely sell out on the first day right? well in the first hour or so. i haven't preordered mine and am just planning to rock up like i did for ootp and hbp and get a copy (i'm planning on getting it from Big W cos its apparently the best price there)

Last edited:

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Yeh i think alot of other people have the Big W idea aswell if i didnt pre order iwould just go to the most expensive place. that way there will be less people there

J

jhakka

Big W is only cheaper than Borders (and most other large book chains) by about $1.50. RRP is $49.95 and most places are selling it at ~$29.95.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
cuppy said:
theres no chance that the book will completely sell out on the first day right? well in the first hour or so. i haven't preordered mine and am just planning to rock up like i did for ootp and get a copy (i'm planning on getting it from Big W cos its apparently the best price there)
No. They won't sell out. It'd be pretty damn ineffective to do that. I also bought a copy of one of the books (I think it was OotP as well) at Big W and the queue was so long that people were waiting over an hour in line even after 9am.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
No. They won't sell out. It'd be pretty damn ineffective to do that. I also bought a copy of one of the books (I think it was OotP as well) at Big W and the queue was so long that people were waiting over an hour in line even after 9am.
WHOA one hour !!

it'll probably be 2 hours for this one.

HSC
MaNiElla said:
i dont really think that the eyes mean anything significant. I think that jo is just trying to describe harry's appearance nothing more :\
JKR has long said that the fact that Harry has "his mother's eyes" is "very important. [from wiki]

And its not me reading into it:)

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
cuppy said:
theres no chance that the book will completely sell out on the first day right? well in the first hour or so. i haven't preordered mine and am just planning to rock up like i did for ootp and hbp and get a copy (i'm planning on getting it from Big W cos its apparently the best price there)
if you wait till the afternoon it wil be cheaper. also most shops (if they are franchised eg: big W) will not run out, if they get low then they will go to the next closest franchise (of the same company) and grab some more! however, generally speaking they wont run out cos every store is sent HEAPS anyways.

cuppy said:
franchises like Big W wont run out as they are sent heaps in the first place anyway. also if you wait till the afernoon it will be cheaper by at least $10

Last edited by a moderator:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
cute.asa.button said:
Yes Trelawny!! Crazy and completely wrong!!!
Seriously don't get me started on everything that is wrong with the movies!!
Including, and possibly most annoyingly, the castle!! Completely not how i imagined it - makes it hard to relate the action to the books because i see it all sooooooooooooo differently!!
My only real annoyance with the movies (casting wise) is Mad-Eye. I always pictured him as a badass Ganon (from Zelda) looking character, but in the movies he just... isn't.

kloudsurfer

HSC
cuppy said:
You can preorder them from Big W for free! (i work there!)

I think were still taking orders....check the website

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Fish Sauce said:
My only real annoyance with the movies (casting wise) is Mad-Eye. I always pictured him as a badass Ganon (from Zelda) looking character, but in the movies he just... isn't.
I always figured Billy Connolly would be perfect for the role. Not in funny-man mode of course, but if he lowered his voice half an octave and kept his trademark hair, I think he'd be brilliant in the role.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
i have been thinking about this all day about the green eye thing and i cant figure it out there has to be some importance i agree shiftyicequeen but i cannot figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)