Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

jhakka said:
Harry loses/sacrifices his magic to defeat He Who Must Not Be Named, perhaps?
maybe? I bet it is something that makes writing future books near impossible. Rowling is apparently very protective of the series and doesnt want some git in the future to write future books about HP.

jesswah

HSC

I think that if someone was even game enough to write another series of books on Harry Potter, they'd have to be exceptionally good.

ccc123

HSC

ok, well in regards to plot theories... I don't think Harry is a horcrux because if he is, then why is voldermort so keen to kill him? Wouldn't killing Harry make him less immortal 0_o

Oh by the way, this may be a less viable theory then the 'harry is a horcrux' one, but i think Malfoy and Harry shoukd unite against a common enemy.

BlackDragon

HSC

ccc123 said:
ok, well in regards to plot theories... I don't think Harry is a horcrux because if he is, then why is voldermort so keen to kill him? Wouldn't killing Harry make him less immortal 0_o

Oh by the way, this may be a less viable theory then the 'harry is a horcrux' one, but i think Malfoy and Harry shoukd unite against a common enemy.
Harry Horcrux Discussion

In terms of the Malfoy one..hmm.. I'm not sure they have a common enemy.
But i'm pretty sure snape'll be the one to reveal something extremely important and hidden (and good). something, as i have said before, that was worth keeping himself alive over dumbledore.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC

Kujah said:
I wouldnt care if Snape died ;)
i reckon snape will die and mallfoy will help harry defeat voldemort...i mean "you-know-who"...

those horcruxes seem kinda stupid though...all he has to do is find them and destroy them...so most of the book would be making voldemort mortal

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC

i dunno if Malfoy could ever help Harry, he's too evil... if anything i could see Malfoy siding with Voldemort and Harry with Dumbledore (yes u heard right, I don't believe that he is truely dead - take that fan theorists!)

BlackDragon

HSC

Nick_R said:
i dunno if Malfoy could ever help Harry, he's too evil... if anything i could see Malfoy siding with Voldemort and Harry with Dumbledore (yes u heard right, I don't believe that he is truely dead - take that fan theorists!)
i think he's dead. otherwise his portrait would not have appeared in the headmasters office. though, he (or something he did in the past, or some form of himself) may still have some part to play.

Last edited:

ccc123

HSC

Nick_R said:
I don't think Malfoy's evil...i really think he's just an insecure wimp with unscrupulous parents and a thirst for power. Malfoy only followed Voldermort's orders because Voldermort threatened to kill his family otherwise. The fact that Malfoy was unable to bring himself to kill Dumbledire definately demonstates a character weakness/insecurities on his part.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

Nick_R said:
sorry to tell you, but dumbledore is dead, jkr has comfirmed this. She has also said she does not intend to redeem any of her evil characters, so although malfoy isnt exactly 'evil' i dont think he will ever side with harry.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC

Serius said:
sorry to tell you, but dumbledore is dead, jkr has comfirmed this. She has also said she does not intend to redeem any of her evil characters, so although malfoy isnt exactly 'evil' i dont think he will ever side with harry.
Did she really say that? So Snape's not gonna surprise us with another 180?

OMGOMG!

-P_D

BlackDragon

HSC

Snape has not been recognised as evil yet though. Most characters think he is so but Dumbledore, the character which is most good, always believed in his innocence. Hence, it'll be this book which determines whether he is evil or not. And as i've said before, Snape know's something which means he needed to stay alive over even Dumbledore. And i'll bet my house he is good.

kony

HSC

what if dumbledore has horcrux(es) of his own? didn't rowling reveal in book 1 dumbledore killed some evil wizard?

then he'd appear to have died, but his spirit will linger on - maybe he'll guide harry in this manner.

ccc123

HSC

kony said:
what if dumbledore has horcrux(es) of his own? didn't rowling reveal in book 1 dumbledore killed some evil wizard?

then he'd appear to have died, but his spirit will linger on - maybe he'll guide harry in this manner.
Hey, thats a thought...i hope your right..

Oh and in regards to the 'is snape evil?' i think he may be innocent. Maybe when Dunbledore said 'Please Severus' he was pleading Snape to end it or something...

Last edited:
J

jhakka

Aren't horcruxes some of the most evil magical items, though? Have only read HBP once, so I can't remember.

HSC

jhakka said:
Aren't horcruxes some of the most evil magical items, though? Have only read HBP once, so I can't remember.
Yes, and considering you have to kill someone in order to be able to split your soul, i doubt Dumbledore would have done it. And it damages the soul.

Also if Dumbledore had made the horcruxes, wouldnt Dumbledore still be alive?

Dave2007

HSC

How could I have thought not to check here! I'm a harry potter obsessive fan, know all the facts, read them all about 100 times. No stop judging me people! But who wouldve thought other people above 12 read it alot aswell?

Also has the "Is dumbledore really dead" discussion already happened? Didn't quite read through all nine pages of this thread. But really there were so many suspicious factors about it...such as the fact avada kedavara, a curse that just makes people slump down dead, propelled him out a window, and upon landing from the topmost tower he didnt get a scratch... Snape has done this before, in a dueling club in the second year, where the disarming curse sent lockhart flying. And then the phoenix was singing (the song having healing powers) in the grounds for hours, and never seeing the body again etc... There are several other things, but again im not sure if its already been discussed.

Yes, JKR has "confirmed" dumbledore is dead, but hey...She's been known for her subtle wording before. Dead doesnt mean he wont necessarily reappear. And she also said in an interview we'd be meeting dumbledores brother, the one convicted for using inapporpriate charms on a goat.

Anyway, Its too coincidental the death is THAT wide open and then the title is deathly hallows.

Because originally the world "hallows" relates to the VEIL in between this world and the spirit world. Where has a veil like that been seen before? Oh, the one SIRIUS fell through.

And characters like dumbledore in traditional "hero fiction" like HP, SW and LOTR have a high chance of coming back...look at gandalf and obi wan kenobi. And of course alot of the books have a great conection with life/death.

Either way I think there is more to be heard from dumbledore.

ccc123

HSC

Dave2007 said:
How could I have thought not to check here! I'm a harry potter obsessive fan, know all the facts, read them all about 100 times. No stop judging me people! But who wouldve thought other people above 12 read it alot aswell?

Also has the "Is dumbledore really dead" discussion already happened? Didn't quite read through all nine pages of this thread. But really there were so many suspicious factors about it...such as the fact avada kedavara, a curse that just makes people slump down dead, propelled him out a window, and upon landing from the topmost tower he didnt get a scratch... Snape has done this before, in a dueling club in the second year, where the disarming curse sent lockhart flying. And then the phoenix was singing (the song having healing powers) in the grounds for hours, and never seeing the body again etc... There are several other things, but again im not sure if its already been discussed.

Yes, JKR has "confirmed" dumbledore is dead, but hey...She's been known for her subtle wording before. Dead doesnt mean he wont necessarily reappear. And she also said in an interview we'd be meeting dumbledores brother, the one convicted for using inapporpriate charms on a goat.

Anyway, Its too coincidental the death is THAT wide open and then the title is deathly hallows.

Because originally the world "hallows" relates to the VEIL in between this world and the spirit world. Where has a veil like that been seen before? Oh, the one SIRIUS fell through.

And characters like dumbledore in traditional "hero fiction" like HP, SW and LOTR have a high chance of coming back...look at gandalf and obi wan kenobi. And of course alot of the books have a great conection with life/death.

Either way I think there is more to be heard from dumbledore.

lol....i'm an obsessed HP fanatic as well. In regards to your question regarding the debate over Dumbledore, most people seem to think his dead. But i agree with 'Kony'- taht is dumbledore has his own horcrux(es) and is therefore not dead.

..oh yay 100 posts !@

Dave2007

HSC

It's an interesting theory, but JKR went to great pains to create a very "evil" connotation associated with horcruxes, i just cant see it happening with dumbledore. He, after all, has always said "THEre are worse things than death". Or maybe you think that means he just didn't mind killing people when there are things to be getting along with in his life?

Also I think another significant thing tied into this is in book 4, when harry described how voldermort returned and harry comments he thought he saw "a look of triumph" in dumbledores eyes. JKR said that will be significnat in book 7.

But she also said harrys eyes being like his mums would be important in book 7 and i cant really see that happening. She also mentioned something in the 3rd movie related to it and sent "chills down her spine" as to how similiar it was to a major plotline at the end. Most people seem to agree its a scene where harry is on the bridge with lupin and he talks about harrys mum in general terms about how she "helped him out" and so on. Maybe something else happened that we are not aware of at godrics hollow?

Also has the discussion about what ppl think will happen with the relationships gone on yet?

ccc123

HSC

You definately have some interesting points, i'm not enirely sure about Dumbledore having horcruxes, but i vauguely reacall reading in the 1st book that Dumbledore defeated some evil wizard..so perhaps he could have created a horcrux then.

Yeah relationships have been discussed, albeit briefly. Many people think Ron and Hermione will get together, and there is some discussion about the possibility of Malfoy uniting with Harry against a common enemy in the 7th book (this plotline would illustate quite a contrasting portrait of their relationship, although i'm not sure if i can see it happening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)