Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

booties4

HSC
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007

jhakka said:
Sorry people, but it's a bit silly to be pre ordering from Dymocks or whatever. Big W always has more than enough copies if you get there before closing time, and you8 get 1/3 off RRP for all books.
Its not the same.......i'd rather spend the extra money and go to the party that the bookshop has before hand.:) It was so fun last time!!!!

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC

WTC

I only just found out about the release date now! and it was announced 2 days ago

July 21st omgomgomg

I am so excited

HSC

jhakka said:
Sorry people, but it's a bit silly to be pre ordering from Dymocks or whatever. Big W always has more than enough copies if you get there before closing time, and you8 get 1/3 off RRP for all books.
Thats what i was thinking. Its way cheaper, and when i go there isnt anyone there. Plus they always have plenty, so they dont run out.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC

$hiftyIceQueen said:
Thats what i was thinking. Its way cheaper, and when i go there isnt anyone there. Plus they always have plenty, so they dont run out.
For fans that like to dress up etc. and get into the whole occasion, going into Kmart/Big W or whatever would'nt be the same. Its fun at bookstores because its a special event whereas its just a normal day for the big stores.

Dave2007

HSC

Do most major bookstores hold parties for the release? Despite my huge fandom ive never been to one, probably out of the quite rational thought that my friends would think im a loser if i went to a harry potter midngiht release.

Are they fun/worth going to?

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC

It depends on the store. Some places will just have food or something. But there is a store here in Canberra that organised a small train ride, which included getting the book. People dress up and stuff, so I spose its more interesting than just buying the book.
Plus we're rather lucky in Aust, because of time-zones, the book launches are in the morning. So no having to stay up, and then a full day to read the book!

im ur bob

HSC

hi there:wave:
im just randomly gonna post coz thats wat i am random.....dude serz like i dnt think its lame if u go to the midnight thingo...man i have been hangin for this book to come out man i wanna go to one of the midnight thingos aswell and my mates may think im lame but serz i think WHO GIVE A FUK lol any yer i so cnt wait for the book to come out!!!!!!:cool:

J

jhakka

When I buy a book, I want to read it. I don't want to throw a party about having just bought the book. :p

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC

should've been 31st July, mark Harry's B'day

-P_D

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC

P_Dilemma said:
should've been 31st July, mark Harry's B'day

-P_D
And JKR's.

But they always seem to release it on a Saturday.

SituationNoir

HSC

The 21st of July is the tenth anniversery of when Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone was released.

I work in a bookstore. We all get dressed up on the day, I know that much, and generally the shopping centre our store is in gets involved and theres a dress up competition for all the kiddies. But, considuring this is the last one, it may be a little bigger than before.

Theres heightened security when the books arrive though, I can tell you that. Funny business.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC

SituationNoir said:
The 21st of July is the tenth anniversery of when Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone was released.
:confused:

More like June 26.

SituationNoir

HSC

I'm just quoting the news.
They said the 21st was the anniversary.

I don't know myself, the exact date.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

so whose going adult cover* and whose going childrens cover?

the adult covers usually look pretty stylish, and being an adult and all i kinda feel obligated to get it, but all my other books are the childrens style and it wont fit with the series[plus i like the childrens artwork usually]
[ *no it doesnt have hermione naked on the front cover, its just a more mature looking cover so you dont look like a tool reading a kids book on the train]

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC

I made a poll about this before HBP's release, most people opt for children's cover because it goes with the rest of their series. Don't be ashamed of reading HP in public haha. I actually preferred the HBP adult cover to the children's, you're right that they look stylish.

BlackDragon

HSC

I've seen different styles of covers but i didn't realise that they were divided into childrens and adults. I am going to get the cover which follows the sequence of all the other covers. The ones with three colours on the binder. If i got a different one now it would be crap, wouldn't be a complete set and wouldn't mean as much to me.
And there are many many different covers out there, american versions, british versions, etc.

Rinni

HSC

Yeah my copy of PoA is the American cover and it's heaps different to the Aussie one (I personally like the Aussie one better)
I'll be buying kids cover so it matches plus I didn't like all the adults covers in the past so I'm unsure whether i'll like this one.

xx__savannah

HSC

im ur bob said:
hi there:wave:
im just randomly gonna post coz thats wat i am random.....dude serz like i dnt think its lame if u go to the midnight thingo...man i have been hangin for this book to come out man i wanna go to one of the midnight thingos aswell and my mates may think im lame but serz i think WHO GIVE A FUK lol any yer i so cnt wait for the book to come out!!!!!!:cool:

There will be no midnight release in Australia, unfortunately. We have to wait until 9.01am, pretty sure that's the right time.

I'm so up for travelling to Brisbane to go to a big event thing, some friends and I were planning on going to England this year in July for this, but I think that's ruled out. Can't wait to get a good costume that I can wear to both the movie and book releases :p

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

aw. 9.01? :| LAME!

i remember i got it the weekend it was out at 7 in the morning.

like ZIF make me get up so early for a book...

finished it by the night though. :)

*Lozzie*

HSC

but you have to remember that there is a time difference between us and the uk so we may get to read it before them (hehe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)