Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
You See

You See What I Mean One Black Dude Who Has No Significant Role, One Black Dude, Theres Like Heaps Of Niggas In Pommyland, And Sirius Balck Is Not A Nigga.

jennylim

HSC
HotShot said:
You See What I Mean One Black Dude Who Has No Significant Role, One Black Dude, Theres Like Heaps Of Niggas In Pommyland, And Sirius Balck Is Not A Nigga.
oh boy. and a book set in china is sooo damn racist cos it doesn't say anything about those damn whites! omg! or let's look at an african legend..why on earth doesn't it say anything about those aboriginals?

that said, yes i have. angelina johnson is black. (she's described as a tall black girl in goblet of fire after she drops her name in the goblet. AND she's played by a black actress, too!) lkingsley shacklebolt is black. ee jordan is black. parvati and padma patil are indian. cho chang is asian. viktor krum is obviously bulgarian. got the point, hotshot? maybe jkr wanted to write an accurate portrayal of the racial distribution in britain. it's not quite as varied as aussie. besides why does everything have to be politically correct (eg matrix) for people to accept it?

Last edited:

jennylim

HSC
RingerINC said:
that jordan dude is black... u know the guy who commentates on the quidditch and isnt harrys biatch asian.... or did i totally make that up.
hahahaha, no, but that was a very funny way of putting it.

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
HotShot said:
But I Still Hate Harry Potter, Have You Seen Or Read About Blacks, Pakies Or Anything Else Other Than Whites In The Book Or Movie. How Rascist Is That?
Lee Jordan and Dean Thomas are both of a dark complexion.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Arent the twins - Padma and Parvati Indian background? Or something of the like?

Kinsley Shacklebolt is black.

And even if they're not, how does it make the book racist? I'm sick and fucking tired of bleeding hearts such as yourself. Firstly, simply not having every single bloody race to ever exist written into a story does not make one racist, it just makes a story. Nothing more. Racisim is the belief that race is THE primary determinant of what makes a person human, combined with the belief that superiority is inbred through your race.

So gey of fucking high horse, go ride in to the middle of Australia and do us all a favor and die. Please.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
rhapsody_bri said:
How about Sirius Black? and his family?
Nice call, LOL.

Also, everything jennylim said, because she said it better than me.

That and your innane argument about 'pommyland' being full of 'niggas'. For starters, I dare you to go upto a black guy and call him a nigga and see if you land your stupid little self in hospital. Moreover, Pommyland is actually quite rude. If you're going to be preaching that anything that isn't politically correct is racist, you better take that comment back as 'Pommie' is actually an insult to our British friends. Bet you don't even know what it means. Ultimatley though, it's a degrading term to use.

Then, you'd find Britian and Ireland is not this racially diverse region as you seem to think. Parts of London and Northern England are semi-multicultural yes, but most of Scotland, Wales, Ulster, Eire and the Shetland Islands/Ise of Man/Hebrides/Orkney Islands/Rockall Islands are pretty much just anglos. It's much like rural australia, were you will have miniorities of other ethnics, but nothing to write home about. It's just how it is. Have you any evidence to back up your claims? I do. According to the 2001 UK cenus, 54,153,898 people were anglo-saxon/white. The population at the time of the cenus was 58,789,194. That makes approx 92% of the population white, with the next largest group west indians, indians/pakistani and black caribbean - and with the population of hogwarts small, I think JKR pretty accuratley depicted the racial density of the UK and Ireland. You have Angela Johnson, Lee Jordan, Kinsley Shacklebolt and Dean Thomas are black, the Patil twins are indian and Cho is Asian. Thats how it is in the UK sunshine.

Maybe all us anglos can cry racism because all the bad people in Harry Potter are white! Oh No! They must be racist because Tom Riddle/Voldemot is white! The Malfoys are white! All the Death Eaters are white! Fudge is white! Peter Pettigrew is white! The Blacks are white! Really, thats quite racist that all the bad people are white and look, all those of other ethnic groups are good! Shacklbolt is a great auror, Johnson is a great Quidditch player, Jordon is funny! Thomas is smart. Really, I feel discriminated against.

Sound stupid? Of course it does, and its what you sound like sweetheart.

jennylim

HSC
*takes a bow*

hahaha, thanks whiterabbit. how can hotshot be politically correct if he talks about niggas in pommyland, honestly.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
'is that really what my hair looks like from the back?!'

persephone

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
'is that really what my hair looks like from the back?!'
that was such a stupid line. hermione isn't supposed to be like that....

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
my grade at school has some real die hard potter fans...im not quite there yet...but we got a new year advisor this year and his name is mr a. moody...i found it funny...

isoonsui

HSC
I really want to get USA version of Harry Potter for Half blood prince.

British cover of the previous five books, i found them all ugly.
And especially this 6th book, has disappointed me a lot.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeh hermiones a dick. shes really nothing like the book. they keep giving her lines that werent in the book at all. i hate it

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
As much as I love Maggie Smith, and McGonagall is the movie is OK...but they changed her too much, giving her lines that orginally belonged to others (namley Dumbledore) and making her look like a softcock. So very cut they took out ribbing of Trelawny. If they take out the 'It unscrews the other way' in the movie, i'll be disapointed. Normally don't compare the movie to the books, because more often then not, im disapointed, however there are little bits I need to see on screen, thats one of them. And Phineas NEEDS to have EVERY line he muttered in OotP. Telling off harry, making fun of Fudge, telling off Harry. I love him. '..You know minister, I disagree with the headmaster on many things, but you've got to admit, he has style! Hehe. Love him. And Snape's worst memory. That better be in the movie.

As for GoF, they better have all the snape and sirius stuff from 'The Parting of Ways'.

...I have a bad feeling i'm gonna be disapointed....

persephone

HSC
i like that bit, the parting of the ways. but the endings of the film are never like the endings of the books so i'm not holding my breath.

persephone

HSC
in america they're showinga preview of the GoF trailer during their screening of CoS. i'm currently downloading it....so i don't what it looks like. go to www.mugglenet.com

7th Sign

HSC
ive read the first 4 books and im not a fan i dont know how people can get caught up in it its not that great...ist like a childrens style thing....the books were alright i give them 6/10 ...other then that if your a nark that like is at the book store on the first day to buy it or you go to see the movie on the first day ...that shit is just wack....get over it.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)