• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - thoughts (SPOILERS!!) (1 Viewer)

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
yeh i think that if people can sit through the lord of the rings for 3+ hours then they can sit through harry which is great i cant see people getting bored of it because alsmost everyone i talk to said that it was all too rushed and hard to follow and that they wanted more even people who hadnt read the books. Someone actually said that it was confusing aswell because of all the detail that they missed out.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
one thing i've never gotten:

if muggle borns have never heard of voldermort till school, why are they afraid to say his name? after all, thats the reason that harry claims to say his name, never really heard of him

HSC
peer pressure and knowledge?

Like if they heard about it in books, the books will say 'YOU-KNOW-WHO' and kids in this neo-con era just accept things the way its supposed to be. Same thing goes if an adult or another kid tells them that its a social taboo to call voldemort by his name.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
townie said:

if muggle borns have never heard of voldermort till school, why are they afraid to say his name? after all, thats the reason that harry claims to say his name, never really heard of him
Fear of a name, increases fear of a thing itself - Dumbledore

i think thats why :rolleyes:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
townie said:

Because even if they're muggle borns, I'd assume they'd still have some sort of knowledge of the magical world.

From what I suspect (i'm no expert far from it), Harry was raised in an environment where magic and that whole world was completely non-existent until the 'revelation' to start school.

jazzmuzik

HSC
Who do you think is the new headmaster of Hogwarts?
and is Teddy just living with his "Grandma"?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i think the transcript said teddy was living with his grandma but that he frequently hangs with harry and the kiddies

atreus

HSC
i think snape's boggart might be ppl finding out he was helping james potter's son. he swore dumbledore to secrecy after all, never to reveal the best of him.

i think that for neville to be herbology teacher, sprout might be headmistress, cos i think jkr said something about mcgonagall being past her time or something.

there r some characters in the movies i thing match perfectly to what i had in my head- like maggie smith, richard harris as dumbeldore (not so much the new guy), and alan rickman. it will be interesting to see who they cast as slughorn for hbp. theres an american actor who reminds me of him, and he usually plays the old guy/grandfather type. i cant think of his name tho.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
didn't rowling make it a condition that british actors must be sourced for the film?
i don't know where i heard that.

gambon as dumbledore is starting to grow on me again.
especially in light of what we now know about him as a person now, harris' performance just doesn't seem natural.

HSC
yep, smith and rickman are perfect IMO. Infact i dont mind the casting of Harry, Ron , Hermione, Hagrid, Draco, Lucius, Narcissa, Black, Lupin, Tonks, Bellatrix either... its jsut that the movies were made so poorly

HSC
^THAT is shocking!

And The_highwayman you are right, JKR rejected Americans, and said she wanted HP to be an all British cast because HP is based in England and it's not about an American kid.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
jazzmuzik said:
Who do you think is the new headmaster of Hogwarts?
and is Teddy just living with his "Grandma"?
seriously, like who would call their son "Teddy"...hate that name!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So...finished 5,6,7 must say was better than I expected.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:
Can 17 year olds grow moustaches like that??!?!?!

Did anyone see the episode of Extras with Radcliffe in it?

I will never be able to watch harry potter again...
A ring don't mean a thing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)